Pages:
Author

Topic: HASHRA - LUNAR SERIES - ASIC SCRYPT MINERS - page 17. (Read 61683 times)

Activity: 369
Merit: 250
Just to let you guys I'm still fiddling with it but so far the Raspberry Pi software needs more work. I can't get the LL to connect to anything through it but if I just connect the LL directly to my PC ( although I'm using a hub for it ) with the USB cable, like you would a jalapeno, it works just fine. So far it's chugging along without any problems and aside from the firmware not working everything is in order and of good quality. I am using the CGminer version that is available at the Hashra site and I've been solo mining to test it out but will go to a pool next in a few hours. I also appreciate the manufacturer doing "the paperclip thing" in advance with the power switch but make sure the factory people press it in all the way. It kept powering down on me until I realized that it was not pressed in all the way in.

The error with the firmware has to do with the "socket can't connect" issue I have seen online already. I also get different messages like the pool had no credentials and the GUI will hang indefinitely until I close and reopened the browser every time I save, restart, or reboot. Plus, it seems to hate Firefox. I could only get it to load once with it and the rest of the time I had to use IE to access the dashboard. So unless it's user error it needs fixing but I spent quite a few hours trying to get it to work. But in the end, so long as it hashes I could always use a third party dashboard in the meantime.

can you make a youtube video on setting it up?  Smiley

Also does hashra work on macs?

I don't have a good enough camera but it's very simple enough to set up via the instructions. There is nothing to install just plug in. Also, It's plug and play apparently so even if you don't know how to use the Raspberry Pi you don't need it to run the LL you just simply connect it directly to your PC via the USB cable it comes with. I'm going to have to wait for an update before I can use the controla unless there is a better version elsewhere since I'm having trouble with it at the moment. A note that I did have some USB software installed when I first got my Jalapeno so that might have made it plug and play off the bat with my PC.

As to me testing it out on a pool I'm getting the expected 13.5 to 15 MHs that I expected. So aside from the controla problem everything is working well here. A thing to note that the CGminer from Hashra is reporting double that Hash rate for some reason but then again I did fiddle with some of the startup settings for CGminer to fine tune it so that might be doing it.
Activity: 266
cause i dont know anything about rasberry pi setup.

don't worry - it's a no brainer to be honest.

you put the chip in it - plug it in - get it's ip address and point your web browser to that ip address and you control everything through a browser interface.

the setup guides are right here : http://hashra.com/support/

the only problem multiple people have experienced is the power supply cable that's included in the package for the pi - it pigtails off a power supply connection and several of us have found that it does not supply enough power for the pi to power up properly but fortunately the pi has the exact same power connector as an android type smart phone so we've all used that. This was found in the first batch - however Simon (Hashra) may have corrected that on the newer batch of machine that are shipping.

Smiley

Activity: 252
cause i dont know anything about rasberry pi setup.
Just to let you guys I'm still fiddling with it but so far the Raspberry Pi software needs more work. I can't get the LL to connect to anything through it but if I just connect the LL directly to my PC ( although I'm using a hub for it ) with the USB cable, like you would a jalapeno, it works just fine. So far it's chugging along without any problems and aside from the firmware not working everything is in order and of good quality. I am using the CGminer version that is available at the Hashra site and I've been solo mining to test it out but will go to a pool next in a few hours. I also appreciate the manufacturer doing "the paperclip thing" in advance with the power switch but make sure the factory people press it in all the way. It kept powering down on me until I realized that it was not pressed in all the way in.

The error with the firmware has to do with the "socket can't connect" issue I have seen online already. I also get different messages like the pool had no credentials and the GUI will hang indefinitely until I close and reopened the browser every time I save, restart, or reboot. Plus, it seems to hate Firefox. I could only get it to load once with it and the rest of the time I had to use IE to access the dashboard. So unless it's user error it needs fixing but I spent quite a few hours trying to get it to work. But in the end, so long as it hashes I could always use a third party dashboard in the meantime.

why would you need a mac? - they're supplied with a Pi rasberry that runs them.
Activity: 252

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
For those of you that PM'd me asking about the details of my order, I've posted a transaction log in another thread:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7508776
My miner just came in the mail today and all the parts look accounted for. I'll set it up in a few after some late lunch. I'll let you know how it hashes tomorrow when it's got some time to chug along and do any clerical troubleshooting that is required.

Please post an update on the HW error rate.  I still think not posting this "feature" on the product page is total bullshit.  These miners should be advertised as 13.5 Mh/s units.

actually in a previous post there's information about the HW errors being taken into consideration and you are really hashing at 14 MHS.

I get HW errors also but my reported hash by the pools is over 26 MH.

I can post a screen snap to prove it if you like

I use chrome and it like that. you can upgrade to the latest firmware.

the trick to switching pools seems to be:

do a restart

wait a minute or two - then ssh to the pi and do a : sudo reboot

sometime I have to reboot several times before it kicks back in

yes - more work is due on the firmware for sure.

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000
My miner just came in the mail today and all the parts look accounted for. I'll set it up in a few after some late lunch. I'll let you know how it hashes tomorrow when it's got some time to chug along and do any clerical troubleshooting that is required.

Please post an update on the HW error rate.  I still think not posting this "feature" on the product page is total bullshit.  These miners should be advertised as 13.5 Mh/s units.
Also, just to weight in on the recent miner hardware talk. I keep seeing, here and elsewhere, a lot of "Wow, look at the hash rate on this model!" and just to save you your time and money remember that just having a big miner won't make you your the money back it's what you do with the coins after you mine them that will. My first test miner was a Jalapeno and if I just pump and dumped I would have never paid it off or my S1 that I got afterwards. I see many mining endeavors fail because they only want to mine bitcoin and nothing else when you need to do a lot more work than that. Having a less powerful miner can make you far more money if you are willing to invest your time in what's profitable and spend time on the exchanges. And just to let you know ahead of time, it's going to be a awful lot of your time on the exchanges.

And before you drool over hardware just make sure that the company has actually delivered before with quality product. That means checking if they'll be out when the difficulty is still profitable, they don't devour more power than the effort, and the price is competitive. And demand a straight answer on these things, do not ever take a nebulous answer otherwise you'll end up in a endless delay with product that might never come or is obsolete the moment you get it. The reason I choose Hashra was that people had actually gotten miners that worked before and were happy with them. I was aware of some moderate delay and communication problems beforehand but I was hedging my bets on getting what I ordered and I'll soon find out if it's quality.

Remember these things before dropping serious cash or time and happy mining.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
So outside from JJ.

Did anyone else get theres yet?

Still don't have mine (ordered on 6/12), and no word from Simon as to when I should expect it.
If don't hear from Simon in the next 24 hours, I'm opening a fraud case with PayPal and my CC company.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
So outside from JJ.

Did anyone else get theres yet?
A tip for my fellow Hashra users:

https://fusionhash.com/octocoin/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool
or
http://hbn.cryptotroll.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

1 mh will get you almost $1/day on either of these coins right now.

and if you're brave - get on ipominer and mine only RZR - the price is low right now but it should be three to four times as much. IPOMINER is the only pool with enuf juice to find blocks (60gh network)- last week  - weds-thrus, fri and sat it was getting $1.58/mh return when the block sizes were 100 (I sold immediately) and the price was higher but I think it will go a lot higher than it's depressed price right now.

it's low price simply does not make sense since POW will end soon and it's a rare coin.

1 mh will only get you about .40 cents right now but if you hold for a week or two each coin will be worth about $1.50 to $2.00 - I was mining them last week when they were about $1.10 a piece....

it's up to you.
As response for KNC Titan, GAW announced The Vaultbreaker 500 MH/s  Sad

With both Bitcoin and Litecoin underpriced, the mining for coins looks now like a bad joke  Undecided

did u see its shipping end of Q3/Q4 ?  my guess is its using the next gen of their current chips, which maybe are still in development stage

my guess is that it's complete vaporware at this point knowing full well that newer chips are coming and that it only takes 10 to 12 weeks to put a machine into production.

I jumped on the bandwagon early with mining-asics-technologies and will have that much hashing power in about 4 to 5 weeks.
You have an incredible amount of trust in a company that hasn't delivered yet.

because I've visited their offices, met the owners and seen a running prototype and had dinner with the owner his wife and chief engineer and met everyone else involved.

any other brilliant questions?

Nope - just a statement.
I heard a number of people visited BFL and talked with the owners Wink
Promises mean nothing in the crypto world.

and I was not one of them : LOL

of course you are participating in the thread where the owner of Hashra had never delivered a product of his own before either and here I am today hashing away with two of his units and more on the way as I type
this :  Shocked

sounds like you got burnt by BFL - if not ... who?

a healthy dose of skepticism is always prudent but too much and you lose sleep and become paralyzed by your own fears.

I wanted to buy from BFL and KNC at a time, but luckily didn't lose money on preorders.
Every few days someone advertises a new scam (last one I read about was minertechnologies.com).
Probably every 1 out of 3 hardware suppliers has a history of false promises. Hashra has proven to be legit, but we should be very careful preordering from new companies.

well - I do a lot of due diligence ...A LOT!!!!  Smiley

I think about 2.99 out of every 3 hardware suppliers has made false promises... LOL

everyone overestimates their has rates and everyone underestimates they power requirements...

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

With both Bitcoin and Litecoin underpriced, the mining for coins looks now like a bad joke  Undecided

did u see its shipping end of Q3/Q4 ?  my guess is its using the next gen of their current chips, which maybe are still in development stage

my guess is that it's complete vaporware at this point knowing full well that newer chips are coming and that it only takes 10 to 12 weeks to put a machine into production.

I jumped on the bandwagon early with mining-asics-technologies and will have that much hashing power in about 4 to 5 weeks.

because I've visited their offices, met the owners and seen a running prototype and had dinner with the owner his wife and chief engineer and met everyone else involved.

Nope - just a statement.

of course you are participating in the thread where the owner of Hashra had never delivered a product of his own before either and here I am today hashing away with two of his units and more on the way as I type

a healthy dose of skepticism is always prudent but too much and you lose sleep and become paralyzed by your own fears.

I wanted to buy from BFL and KNC at a time, but luckily didn't lose money on preorders.
Every few days someone advertises a new scam (last one I read about was minertechnologies.com).
Probably every 1 out of 3 hardware suppliers has a history of false promises. Hashra has proven to be legit, but we should be very careful preordering from new companies.

Nope - just a statement.

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

did u see its shipping end of Q3/Q4 ?  my guess is its using the next gen of their current chips, which maybe are still in development stage

Nope - just a statement.

did u see its shipping end of Q3/Q4 ?  my guess is its using the next gen of their current chips, which maybe are still in development stage

Pages:
Jump to: