Pages:
Author

Topic: How to be contented on what you have? - page 11. (Read 9331 times)

Activity: 208
Merit: 0
January 12, 2018, 03:16:19 PM
In our modern world, it's hard not to constantly want something new, something better, something faster. Being content is celebrating and reflecting on positive, happy memories. We should always find joy in simple things. Learn to be thankful for what you have, instead of worrying about what you deserve.
Remember, everyday brings a chance to live a happier life. Learning to be content with what you have will secure your happiness. You will start to feel better before you know it.
Activity: 70
January 11, 2018, 12:39:33 AM
Just think your future and satisfied you dont need buy all be contented of what you have
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
January 10, 2018, 10:44:55 PM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

Just think your future and be practical. Dont  let yourself  be like that. Be reminded that we are getting  old that we need to save for our future when we get old.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 10, 2018, 05:39:00 PM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
Be happy and contented if what god given to us in our entire life, life is meaningful, I'm very thankful and contented for god giving me a wonderful parents, what kind of life I'm leaving now,and still dreaming to buy things that I dont have yet
For me there are many factors of being contented, like you are contented with your family but you still have to buy things you dont have for your family probably a car and what so ever. And last thing for me, even though you are already contented for how wealthy you are but you are worrying that it might not last when your childs grow up of course you will still find a way to widen your wealth.
Activity: 68
January 10, 2018, 08:43:42 AM
Be happy on what we have, because God give it to us it is challenge in our life. The easy way to contented on what we have is acceptance, because acceptance is the best way to ingore around us like bullies.
Activity: 23
January 10, 2018, 08:38:35 AM
Simply think the people who have nothing that you have been not giving importance. Just be thankful for what you have because sometimes you have the others want in their dreams.
Activity: 64
January 10, 2018, 07:19:10 AM
why is that? You can start separating all the things that are not really important from what is really important. You said "to buy new things", maybe you are pertaining to the material things. The thing is as long as it is there, it won't stop. Now-make "YOU" the key and answer these questions :
1. When you buy new things- do you feel that you and the others in society are in the same page or do you feel you're ahead of them?
2. When you buy new things- doe it make you happy, because if you do, you can find contentment with that.
3. Let me ask you again, why do you never stop buying those things-aren't you happy?
4. When you buy those things, do you feel LOVE? Because if you don't, maybe those are the things that you shouldn't be looking for.

Contentment and discontentment is everywhere, now you choose.
If you want to be contented- go to the things that is permanent. Happiness, Love, .. Family, Friends, maybe these are the things that you really want.
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
January 09, 2018, 02:13:23 AM
Well, in that case you could try http://www.coinparator.com/

It watches coins that you own and calculates current value. Including generating charts etc... .
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
January 09, 2018, 02:07:20 AM
Craving for new things has no ending. Everyday, you wnat to buy new things. That's human being, no contentment with what we have and just keep on wanting more. It only ends when you have no money anymore to buy what you want. To stop that, you have to just stay at home and do bitcoin. Go out once a month.
Activity: 26
January 09, 2018, 01:36:32 AM
I think it's really hard to feel content. We're slaves to the next best thing. I always feel like I'm chasing after happiness. Once I get x amount of money, I'll be happy. Once I buy this, I'll be happy with myself. It's truly a constant chase. I realize I need to practice more gratitude for what I have rather than what I lack. There is always someone worse off. I think you just have to give yourself reality checks of how good you have it.
Activity: 154
January 09, 2018, 12:37:30 AM
every human being will not be satisfied despite having everything.
I am equally dissatisfied with what I have, but I am still grateful to what I have Grin
Activity: 503
Merit: 250
January 09, 2018, 12:18:52 AM
Just be happy on what you have don't compare it to something that you don't have,
Be thankful for every blessing that you have or you had I think the best thing to do to learn to be contented is to never compare what you have on what others have.
Activity: 200
Merit: 11
January 09, 2018, 12:15:17 AM
For me being thankful and not being tempted on other things should do the trick we should consider our self lucky enough to have something.
Activity: 175
E-Commerce For Blockchain Era
January 08, 2018, 11:42:48 PM
In my opinion being contented is not about getting the materials that you want or do because being contented is the feeling of being happy and satisfied to what you have. Base in my experience when I was young I don't feel that I was contented to the things what i have, everyday i had a feeling of I need to do that or If I had a new pair of shoes but I saw something nice or much better I feel that I need that too but RIGHT NOW when I realize to what happen to my sorroundings that I should be thankful to what I have because I am so much bless, I have a family that always their for me no matter what happen, to all the materials things I have sometimes it is too much to have. That's why right now I am contented in my life.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
January 08, 2018, 08:28:01 PM

Well, I think that sounds more like consumerism. There's nothing wrong with buying new stuff, provided you can afford them and that you are not chocking in them like some hoarders.

In fact, it is sometimes great to not be content. If I'm just content I wouldn't have been able to save up for the stuff I'm using now.

You make a good point. Being content is good to an extent, and ultimately we need to find that within ourselves for our own sanity. As long as all your basic needs are covered, you can be content, and should not just be based around material things...but the desire to improve our situation is what drives everything from evolution to the economy. If everyone was always content, we'd stagnate and never invent or discover anything new.
Activity: 50
January 08, 2018, 08:16:54 PM
Its not basically to buy things to be content with life.
others buy what material things they want to be happy, but they are still not content.
To be happy with my family and to love my life I am content.
Activity: 350
January 08, 2018, 08:15:41 PM
Trycto live without any problems.
Activity: 28
January 08, 2018, 08:05:22 PM
If you're not "contented" then you have got a weak character.
Activity: 162
January 08, 2018, 07:46:20 PM
Be happy and appreciate all the blessings you have. You have to see the other face or side of life,for example for having a job,others are struggling to get employed. Just think that you are lucky enough to have this kind of blessing because others are not.
Activity: 294
January 07, 2018, 07:09:54 PM
Control yourself, do not always follow your passions, buy the goods you need do not buy the goods you want so you are grateful for what you have.
Pages:
Jump to: