Pages:
Author

Topic: How to be contented on what you have? - page 13. (Read 9331 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
January 06, 2018, 05:25:59 AM
I guess to contented with what you have, you'll need to live a very simplistic life. Also, observe others who are in dire need and help them, and maybe you'll feel lucky to have whatever you have.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
January 06, 2018, 05:13:28 AM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
This is the normal desire for people to buy, when we see a good thing, always want to have it as his own personal belongings.
Activity: 77
Merit: 7
January 06, 2018, 04:56:20 AM
Be thankful for it and don't compare what you have on what others have.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 1
Investment or What?
January 06, 2018, 04:53:02 AM
Not to see what others have more than i  but to  look at them who have less than me. .if i have no bike and if i look someone who has a bike i can never be contened. if i have a bicycle and if i look to a person who have no bicycle it will be easy to me to be self satisfied.so the main theme is to look at lower class than me.And thank Allah for whatever i have.
Activity: 105
Merit: 0
January 06, 2018, 04:02:27 AM
Learn to be satisfied what you have. If you want to buy something think 100x before you buy it. Think if you really need it. Appreciate all the small things you have.
Activity: 160
January 06, 2018, 01:01:58 AM
Learn to see your self how blessed you are than the others who have more pity situation than you.
Activity: 126
January 06, 2018, 12:56:04 AM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
I'm very much contented what god gave me and what kind of life I have right now, I'm contented of what gave me my loving parents for giving me a education and profession I have right now, of have my heirs from my parents
Activity: 77
January 05, 2018, 10:46:33 PM
Just do what you want and what it takes
Activity: 126
January 05, 2018, 09:14:50 PM
To be contented on what you have you must have the things that you want. Contented people always have to be thankful and know that everything or sources are limited.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
January 05, 2018, 08:22:39 PM
It is normal for a person not to be contented on what they have. It means you have a big dreams and that motivates you to work really hard just to get what u want. But it should be according to the law of God and law of people, as long as you don't bothered many people.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
January 05, 2018, 07:41:28 PM

In order to be content with what you already have, you need to become aware of what you already have. Most of us are so focused on the future that we rarely stop to appreciate what’s right in front of our eyes. Instead, be willing to open your mind to the good things that are already happening in your life.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
January 05, 2018, 06:44:56 PM
Sometimes being not contented is a good thing. Me wanting more money or wanting new clothes, gadgets etc would give me that extra push to exert more effort to achieve these wants.
Activity: 14
January 05, 2018, 05:51:29 PM
ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL.

If you know how to thank God and everyone else for the blessings that are coming to you, you can be contented.
That's enough, so that you will not be looking for more, specially on the things that you don't have.

Also, appreciate things that you already have, work hard on things that you need, not only wants.
Because the more you want to acquire things or something else, you can't be contented on yourself.
Activity: 103
January 05, 2018, 04:38:16 PM
Thats the problem, you keep in planning to buy new things that does not important (it is not what you need). Buying new things that you dont have and after a months theres new model again but its like what you bought before.just be contented on what youve been bought before. Dont expect more on what you have thats make you happy.
Activity: 41
January 05, 2018, 03:52:55 PM
Satisfaction with life does not depend on how many things you can afford to buy. Look at the millionaires who have everything. They do not feel satisfaction and therefore go into politics or are engaged in extreme sports.

In my experience, contentment is only temporary. Humans are known for always wanting more. A perfect example of this is our never ending to-do-lists in life. After completing each task in the list, we then create another one to accomplish another thing that that we want. This cycle is usually called 'living' and it's basically the essence of human beings because we can never be contented. Although, some say contentment is a choice, albeit temporary. This can be usually achieved with the usual luxuries from the well-off part of society. It also depends on the person's outlook and state in life. If you live in an impoverished state, having a good-paying job and a sturdy home can temporarily make you satisfied with your life until you get used to it and begin to want more. Goodluck on looking for pure contentment! Hope this helped.

Couldn't agree more on this. You can force yourself to be content with what you have. If you accomplished something, you will want more and more of it after some time. And that goes on forever.
Activity: 99
Merit: 36
January 05, 2018, 03:40:10 PM
If you can look the "glass" half empty and you think positive ,you can be contended of small things that you have. The happiness is in the little things,as a blue sky and walk in a green park in peace with yourself.
You can have a lot of money and success and are not contended on what you have.
Activity: 163
Merit: 1
January 05, 2018, 03:31:25 PM
focus on what you have. Love and learn those small things and you will appreciate the importance of those things and avoid comparing to others.
Activity: 120
January 05, 2018, 11:42:18 AM
LIve below your means and you will be able to get contentment of what the universe offer you. Dont compare yourself with anyone.
Activity: 298
Merit: 102
January 05, 2018, 09:38:24 AM
Gratitude greatly affects you. That you did not have now - whether it be health, a loved one or a career, a hobby, hobbies or a car, clothes and a house, beautiful beliefs or talents, make the most of it and be grateful. We take it all for granted, and many people would be killed for what we have
Activity: 130
January 02, 2018, 02:44:37 AM
Being contented on what you have is being happy on what you receive in life, not expecting more than what you have.
Pages:
Jump to: