Pages:
Author

Topic: How to be contented on what you have? - page 14. (Read 9331 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10
January 01, 2018, 09:51:49 PM
Depending on the money that we own  to buy new stuffs that we want. Without money our plans will be useless. For that reason we should measure the money we have with the needs of the stuffs we want. And always grateful for what we have, would make the desire for new stuffs is decreases.
Activity: 573
Merit: 105
January 01, 2018, 08:55:55 PM
Being contented on what you have is also being happy in what you have. Sometimes, people wanted to buy things they wanted to have. In life, there are people who buy unnecessary things which only serves as treat to theirselves. They are doing it occassionally and treating yourself occasionally is acceptable but when people do not have control, they buy all things they feel they want but the truth is those things are really not necessary.

So the best strategy on being contented on what you have is you should be a wise-thinker. Yes, having a thought of not buying what you want although you really want to have it is helpful. Think of the reasons why you cannot buy things now. For example, you are saving your money because you wanted to open a business. When you know you already have enough savings, treat yourself once every 2 months or a month but make sure that there will be a remaining savings so that you will not get zero balance.
Activity: 495
Merit: 100
You have to get what you want your own way.
January 01, 2018, 04:13:13 PM
its really a hard thing to do, us human will never be satisfied and will constantly search for betterment, I'm still in the process and working on it, trying to restrain myself and training my mind to be truly happy and content with what i have.
Activity: 476
December 31, 2017, 10:00:30 PM
On this age, people especially teeenages always want to have what the world offers. New bags, they want it. New phones, they want it. New clothes, they want it. If they know what is really important then they'll learn how to be contented.
Activity: 270
Merit: 103
December 31, 2017, 03:06:32 PM
It could be one of those things where you buy so much useless crap that eventually you see how easily you get bored of it and see how useless they are in the grand scheme of things.
Activity: 584
Merit: 502
December 31, 2017, 01:31:31 PM
What do you mean how? Just stop comparing yourself with others.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
December 31, 2017, 01:18:07 PM
Demand less and buy less. Use what resources you have and control your spendings. Do not buy anything that you may not need. Be wise about money. Think about each expenses before you buy something.

Man will never be satisfied with what he has. This is human nature, and it helps to develop humanity as a whole. Discontent with his position moves the person forward.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 29, 2017, 12:48:40 PM
you need to understand that it might not be, but always strive for more...life is the development, and stopping on the spot is degradation, even if it's a stop at a high level
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
December 29, 2017, 04:05:30 AM
You're winning when you're happy for no reason. When you don't attach your happiness to anything or anyone, you become free.
Activity: 79
December 29, 2017, 03:37:41 AM
be satisfied on what you have and be thankful and dont be greedy i think that would help
Activity: 168
December 29, 2017, 03:32:51 AM
Demand less and buy less. Use what resources you have and control your spendings. Do not buy anything that you may not need. Be wise about money. Think about each expenses before you buy something.
Activity: 210
December 29, 2017, 01:39:32 AM
Satisfaction with life does not depend on how many things you can afford to buy. Look at the millionaires who have everything. They do not feel satisfaction and therefore go into politics or are engaged in extreme sports.

In my experience, contentment is only temporary. Humans are known for always wanting more. A perfect example of this is our never ending to-do-lists in life. After completing each task in the list, we then create another one to accomplish another thing that that we want. This cycle is usually called 'living' and it's basically the essence of human beings because we can never be contented. Although, some say contentment is a choice, albeit temporary. This can be usually achieved with the usual luxuries from the well-off part of society. It also depends on the person's outlook and state in life. If you live in an impoverished state, having a good-paying job and a sturdy home can temporarily make you satisfied with your life until you get used to it and begin to want more. Goodluck on looking for pure contentment! Hope this helped.

Activity: 504
Merit: 106
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
December 29, 2017, 12:35:55 AM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
You don't have to worry because that is just how our mind works.To want more is something positive in my opinion. Always strive for greatness and want more. Without those mindset we will end up being poor or just a simple life. Nobody wants that. We want to save money for our family so that they won't have money problems in the future. To want more is never wrong in my opinion.
Activity: 126
December 28, 2017, 09:35:42 PM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
I also always something to buy like make up, dresses, shoes. but I have more things to my cabinet I realized idont like to buy anything for me I'm contented for what I have I spend my money to my children.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
December 28, 2017, 07:08:29 PM
If you can learn to develop the right mindset, you can be happy now, without changing anything else. You don’t need to wait until you’ve changed everything and made your life perfect before you’re happy — you have everything you need to be happy right now.
Activity: 182
December 28, 2017, 06:51:32 PM
In order to be content, learn to first look around you and be appreciative in everything that you have. Next, learn to live within your means and not focus on material things.
Activity: 812
December 28, 2017, 05:47:43 PM
Always you need to be content with what you have and less listen to the opinions of others. If you are not happy with what you have just imagine that in a moment you will not have anything. Think about it.
Activity: 331
December 28, 2017, 05:15:45 PM
That is our nature as human beings but we have to think of more items that are more useful so that we not only buy what we want but what we need.
Activity: 570
December 28, 2017, 05:07:46 PM
The secret is in the life of the monks, just try to have a simple life and everything comes by itself. We are lucky considering that the retro things are more and more popular.
Activity: 1523
Merit: 1
December 28, 2017, 03:14:08 PM
You have to be content with what you have, or you will create trouble for yourself.
Pages:
Jump to: