Pages:
Author

Topic: How to be contented on what you have? - page 15. (Read 9331 times)

Activity: 152
Merit: 0
December 28, 2017, 02:58:41 PM
Try to value and appreciate things even it was small or big. Contentment of what you have is basic essential for you to be happy. Don't be so hard for yourself if you cannot reach or beyond your limit.
Activity: 89
December 28, 2017, 11:29:15 AM
Contentment is a past and present position achievement a man have attained in life is one thing to be content with. Even in the state of nothingness contentment must prevail. Contentment is not measure of having but also of having not. Be content of what we have means don't desire those things which are beyond your reach. Beyond that is covetousness
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 22, 2017, 11:22:31 AM
I think it's a constant work on ourselves...every day it's our choice - to concentrate on the negative or to see the positive and be grateful that you have what is you have
Activity: 52
December 22, 2017, 12:23:54 AM
You need to know yourself very well, if you are not in peace with your inner self you will try to fill that gap with other stuuf and that stuff is never enough, doesn't matter how much money do you have. That is the point behind your question, how to answer it is hard, is something i been trying to do with myself for a while and doens't seem to improve
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
December 22, 2017, 12:23:12 AM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

You should be thankfull for what you have but never  but your head down and keep looking for progress and success in the things you love.
That's the way to success in life, no matter what, do what you want do without making other feel bad in the process.
Activity: 116
December 22, 2017, 12:21:49 AM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.
A lot of people are experiencing this kind of being not contended on what they have and the cause of being not contended is our behaviour which is envy and to solve this kind of behaviour is be contended on what you have, simple but that's the best solution and live without a luxury because youth now a days is having this kind of behavior.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
December 21, 2017, 09:58:26 PM
Human nature is indeed "never satisfied" so many people who when there is a new item or new model they buy but if it suits the functionality they need then it is not why, but if only for style alone it will be a waste of money except him is a rich man.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
December 21, 2017, 07:00:46 PM
Just learn how to be thankful and do not set your eyes to material things or possessions so that you can focus on things that really matter.
Activity: 570
Merit: 500
December 21, 2017, 05:46:19 PM
At some point in my life a friend told me something very wise: if you live a simple life then your problems are like your life, simple, so if you develop addiction to different stuff then everything get's complicated so you will face only trouble.
Activity: 531
Merit: 250
December 21, 2017, 03:40:11 PM
Never settle. Always grow. That's the gift/the curse, though. That's why millionaires often overdose. Some stress is actually good. If you have no stress and everything you want, you must create stress out of boredom...
Activity: 267
December 21, 2017, 12:48:50 PM
Discipline comes first.If you are not disciplined enough then you will still be capable of not being contented on what you have.Do not look for so many things and learn to be simple.

No one can be disciplined to be contented.
Maybe you can't buy what you want because you don't have many but still you want it.
Maybe you can't have the girl of your dreams because you simply can't get the girl.
You can't stop wanting anything, and if given the right opportunity, tools or whatever you will grab what you want.
Right now, you can only call yourself to be contented (yeah I'm pointing at you delusional human) not because you are actually contented but rather because you just can't have whatever it is you want right now.
Activity: 121
December 21, 2017, 12:42:27 PM
Discipline comes first.If you are not disciplined enough then you will still be capable of not being contented on what you have.Do not look for so many things and learn to be simple.
Activity: 267
December 21, 2017, 12:20:51 PM
First, you must accept what you have and what you dont have after that it pretty much goes smoothly. Think of the bad side of the things you want, that would help you convince yourself that it's not that worth it. but just accepting it and understanding is the most effective way tbh.

Being contented is almost disrespecting the very nature of humans as a specie. All we do are directly correlated to discontentment, we need it, it is essential.
Technology, Love, Sex, Power, Money or whatever the heck that has label on, we need to continue every time something ends.
Now, accepting what you have and being contented with it is simply lying to yourself. Humans biologically aren't designed like that.
Activity: 55
December 21, 2017, 11:43:34 AM
We need to be satisfy on what we have. We need to be thankful on what blessing that we are receiving because a lot of people wants to be in our position. They don't have receiving any kind of material that we have.
Activity: 6
December 21, 2017, 10:24:00 AM

The best way to be contented with what you have is to compare it to others who don’t have anything at all except for the clothes on their back. I might not have a lot in terms of money and belongings, but compared to a homeless person, I’m a millionaire! You can also compare yourself with people in other countries who are in the middle of a war, who are unsure whether they would be able to live or die the next day.

While I do not like comparing myself to others, i see the point of this piece of advice.  Apart from that, we must practice gratitude.  Only then can we start feeling happy and content.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
December 21, 2017, 05:26:11 AM

The best way to be contented with what you have is to compare it to others who don’t have anything at all except for the clothes on their back. I might not have a lot in terms of money and belongings, but compared to a homeless person, I’m a millionaire! You can also compare yourself with people in other countries who are in the middle of a war, who are unsure whether they would be able to live or die the next day.
Activity: 144
December 21, 2017, 05:20:06 AM
You will never be contented on life. You will always look for something. You will only stop once you found the true love.
Activity: 112
December 21, 2017, 05:15:11 AM
Me ? All my life I am contented on what I have . Even that I became a mother in a young age I am blessed cause I have my kids on my side .
Activity: 322
December 21, 2017, 02:23:21 AM
For what explain. I understand when a person needs it or benefits and enjoys, and not when to just buy and put dust. There is another kind of people collectors, that's where everything is much harder, because it's harder for them to stop.
Activity: 258
Merit: 104
December 21, 2017, 02:14:29 AM
Ambicius, i can never stop investing money, it is like an addiction for me, like my own drug.
If i am not investing money or just saving it, i feel desperated. I dont know why the hell is this happening to me.
Maybe if i earn $10000 in a month, i use to save more than $9000 and the rest spread it to live on a good basis.
Pages:
Jump to: