Pages:
Author

Topic: How to be contented on what you have? - page 16. (Read 9331 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 02:05:51 AM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

What are the things you plan to buy? Are these NEEDS or WANTS?
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
December 20, 2017, 10:14:18 PM
Na, it is such a difficult thing to do especially now in the modern era, but I guess it is just a matter of self-discipline and control of your lifestyle. Do not waste on something not really important and just stick within your budget and spending capacity.
Activity: 456
Merit: 100
December 20, 2017, 08:59:53 PM
Just dont compare your self to other, enjoy little things that you have, stop criticizing your self and accept the fact that not everything in this world will be in your hands.
Activity: 126
December 20, 2017, 08:46:36 PM
I think you have to keep on reminding yourself of what you had and what you have. It is easy to always want more. We are humans and we are never satisfied. You have to just be humble and keep yourself grounded. If you start to have gained and then you go crazy with everything you'll forget what is going and lose yourself.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
December 20, 2017, 06:25:00 PM
It all boils down to how you see things and where you put value on. For example, you're not very keen with your stem ware because you're more of a beer drinker so drink from a cup. Then you will be content with a low end stem ware just so you have them when you do drink wine. But for a wine enthusiasts a high end stem ware is a must. That is how we should really think about our purchases, where do you put value on
Activity: 256
December 20, 2017, 06:11:48 PM
Think of all the people who don't have a roof on top of their heads, think of those who lost their eyesight, think of those who struggle to survive every day.
For most of us, it's not that difficult at all.
Activity: 185
December 20, 2017, 06:06:27 PM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

You need to control yourself and think of your future. Instead of loosing your money try to invest it.
Activity: 54
December 20, 2017, 11:28:25 AM
if you imagine that there is nothing around you? Your family disappeared. There is no smartphone. Everyone is talking in another language. Take care of what you have
Activity: 41
December 20, 2017, 09:58:14 AM
Appreciate little things that was given to you.
Appreciate people who admire and love you.
Just know how to appreciate simple things.😊
Activity: 112
December 20, 2017, 07:42:40 AM
I also always planing planing something to buy. And every day the price of things that I want to buy increasing.
Activity: 35
December 20, 2017, 07:37:28 AM
The best way to celebrate all your wins and count your blessings

I read the law of attraction and personally keep blessing journal. Its a journal of all the good things that has happened to me so everyday I record all my blessings.

I also avoid reading the news paper and watching tv because it's negative. Good luck!
Activity: 118
Presale Starting May 1st
December 20, 2017, 07:35:43 AM
First you need to accept God as your personal savior and all your life always be contented of what you have even a little things you feel so happy and contented...
Activity: 850
Merit: 504
December 19, 2017, 07:22:22 AM
First, you must accept what you have and what you dont have after that it pretty much goes smoothly. Think of the bad side of the things you want, that would help you convince yourself that it's not that worth it. but just accepting it and understanding is the most effective way tbh.
Activity: 112
December 19, 2017, 06:20:29 AM
For you to be contented on what you have, simply do not compare with others. Just think of those who are less fortunate who do not think of more than what they have.
Activity: 267
Merit: 100
December 19, 2017, 06:10:34 AM

When you care too much about social standing then you are not to be contented.
Being contented is a choice, it's not acquired or anything, you have to decide that you are contented, even so it is almost impossible because as a human being you are completely neglecting the essence of being human.
Humans seek knowledge, develop technologies, set out trends for everyone to follow, and a whole big sack of pleasurable activities like gambling, sex, or whatever, you name it.
These are all essential to our survival as a specie, hence we do all this because it is what living is.
If you are to be contented then you ought to be dead.
Activity: 176
December 19, 2017, 05:46:43 AM
Remember there are many people who have less than you but still can survive with their life. It is important to not compare your self to others. Priorities the things that money cant buy than material things. Appreciate what you have.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
December 18, 2017, 11:13:31 PM

Practice gratitude and appreciate what you have now,  and stop comparing your life to other people.  Somehow it will help you to be contented.  When you have all those things already you will realize that its not material things that will make you happy.
Activity: 140
December 18, 2017, 09:53:31 PM
[/Everyone wants to get anything they want they fell much joy happiness in their self but being contented of what you have is more lightly great and beautiful because you do not have to expect anything less worries
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content
December 18, 2017, 09:53:12 PM

I was once like this but sooner or later you will realize these new things don't give what you actual want. And once you realize that you will stop buying these things because you realize you don't need new things to feel okay. Feeling good comes from within and mainly from fostering good relationships in life.
Activity: 224
December 18, 2017, 09:31:37 PM
Maybe if you dont look at people what they have the things you dont have, and look at people what they dont have of what you have right now. Mybe that would help you to be contented.
Pages:
Jump to: