Pages:
Author

Topic: How to be contented on what you have? - page 2. (Read 9331 times)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126
March 11, 2018, 01:59:46 PM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

Being simply contented for what we have is actually quite hard for humans like us because it is our nature to always aim for more. I think the better thing that we can do for us to be contented is just to appreciate and be thankful for what we have. Avoid being jealous or envy in the achievements of others.
Activity: 178
Merit: 0
March 11, 2018, 01:54:35 PM
I think we cannot be content with what we have but what we can do is not to be jealous of others for what they have because we dont have them. To do that, one has to train him or herself well and consientize the brain on what you want and not crave for what others have. It also entails working hard to get all that you want.
Activity: 34
March 11, 2018, 01:22:15 PM
just think about them who are craving to get what you have and that you are not caring that you have.
Activity: 63
March 10, 2018, 12:55:47 PM
Yea please suggest me...no no not for me, for my wife. she is never contended with shopping ever Sad
Activity: 106
March 10, 2018, 08:23:35 AM
man is never satisfied. man is created with lust, human desires want everything, satisfaction, wealth, treasure, throne and woman.
if we can control our lusts, we will not be greedy for all.

example

I do not have sandals and I work to get sandals, I see other people on motorcycles, so I work harder to get a motor, after I get the motor I want a car, and so on

in essence we will never be satisfied with the Throne and riches
Activity: 59
March 10, 2018, 04:36:00 AM
Imagine yourself in a harder situation: not being able to afford anything and barely eating three times a day. Try comparing your state with those poorer.
Imagining what could be is okay but get a hold, bro.
Activity: 43
March 09, 2018, 11:41:25 PM
Being contented can achieve and have only if you stop desiring more things you don't have.

Because contented means being happy enough for what you have right now.  So, in other words,  we just need to be happy and choose to be happy so we may find the contentment for what we have.  Wink
Activity: 35
March 09, 2018, 10:47:50 PM
Getting excess of anything can move you out of your goodwill track. Beware of it as it would increase the lust for more and more
Activity: 280
Merit: 152
March 08, 2018, 03:23:10 PM
it depends on the person/yourself.....sometimes some people got everything that they need but they aren't still contented .....because deep inside that are not happy because only true can make us contented, also try to  avoid comparing yourself with others
Activity: 104
March 08, 2018, 03:51:22 AM
Contentment is a mental or emotional state of satisfaction maybe drawn from being at ease in ones situation, body,mind.Tell yourself thank God i have this or that, with patience and perseverance pursue your nest goal remembering that God knows all your need and that he will bring them to pass if we put on patience and the attitude of thanksgiving.
Activity: 16
March 07, 2018, 09:59:11 PM
Kepuasan terletak pada hati kita sendiri....
Caranya dengan selalu mensyukuri dan menghargai apa yang kita punya..
Kuncinya agar kita bisa yaitu jangan selalu melihat orang orang yang ada di atas kita..... Tapi lihatlah orang orang YANG ada di bawah kita  dan hidupnya kurang beruntung dari pada kita...
Activity: 152
March 07, 2018, 07:36:21 PM
How to be contented on what you have. To me contentment is a state of consciousness/mind. This doesn’t mean you will never seek improvements within yourself or your quality of life. But you will learn to appreciate things on what you have. That satisfied smile will always be practice.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
March 07, 2018, 05:21:36 PM
Better being selfish in this case because you will stop improving and your wealth will start decreasing. But anyway you can be proud of yourself sometimes.
Activity: 34
March 07, 2018, 02:42:35 PM
It is necessary to live as a small child, they do not bother with what they have and are satisfied with any little things that parents can provide. Happiness is not in the purchases we make.
Activity: 353
Merit: 100
March 07, 2018, 12:03:10 PM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

It still depends on how you manage you time and budgeting. It also depebds on how you discipline yourself in controlling the things that is not necessary for your daily living. The better thing to do is to be satisfied for what you have and be contented in it. Appreciate every little things you have and focus on spending what you have on things that is more important for you.
Activity: 95
Merit: 11
March 07, 2018, 12:01:20 PM
simple. do not turn your head from those in need. take a good long look and you will suddenly remember how great food and warm water are.
Activity: 29
March 07, 2018, 11:56:12 AM
Being non-materialistic in life and being satisfied with everything you have.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
March 07, 2018, 11:47:12 AM
It's very simple really.
Just watch news from Africa or Asia and you will see how much many people still suffering there.
Many of them don't even have basic staff as electricity, Internet, clean water, enough food...
Just think about it.
Activity: 140
March 07, 2018, 11:30:08 AM
In our fast-paced, interconnected modern world, it’s hard not to constantly want something new, something better, something faster. Whether it’s your car, your house, or your family, we’re always looking for ways to trade up, always chasing the next best thing. But this cycle of pursuit and temporary satisfaction is never-ending. To free yourself from it, you must eventually become content with what you have. This doesn’t mean you never seek improvements within yourself or your quality of life, but it does mean to stay conscious of how lucky you really are, and finding simple joys in everyday moments.

Activity: 64
March 07, 2018, 10:35:47 AM

Find a way to make you contented and happy, Learn appreciate things on what you have, don't matter other things that you don't have. Nobody gets everything they want, Instead of striving perfections think other way to make you contented.
Pages:
Jump to: