Pages:
Author

Topic: How to be contented on what you have? - page 5. (Read 9331 times)

Activity: 165
Merit: 0
February 25, 2018, 06:44:03 AM
Focus only on the things that you have, do not look for the things that you don't have. Focus on saving money for your future. Avoid comparing yourself to others so to avoid the feeling of incompleteness and the feeling of being not contented in life. And make yourself busy to progress of what you have everyday.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
February 23, 2018, 01:19:24 PM
Better not to becuase you will stop growing and improving. At my opinion everyone should becoming better every day and i'm trying to do this.
Activity: 24
February 23, 2018, 10:09:06 AM
In order to be contented, you have to appreciate what you already have. Change your mindset. Before planning to buy something, you have to ask yourself first: Why am I buying this? What is the purpose of this? Yes you can afford. But it doesn't mean to have everything you don't have. Accept and contentment will follow.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
February 23, 2018, 09:38:53 AM
For me to be contented on what I have, is to be satisfied on what you have, if you are contented on all the things that you have in your life, it will help you to manage and buy a lot of things.
Activity: 29
February 23, 2018, 09:34:41 AM
To have a contentment in your life is very simple, just learn to appreciate or value on what you already have. If you know how to appreciate things and already happy with it, that means you are contented.
Activity: 35
February 23, 2018, 09:25:04 AM
Focus more on yourself than others(less comparisons). Accept that life is not a race Believe in what you do. set realistic goals.  Marry a God fearing lady
Activity: 122
February 23, 2018, 09:22:12 AM
Satisfaction is a challenging thing.it's almost like the opposite of ambition. Why would you be satisfied when you know you can do more and gain more. I'm not sure man can be satisfied. Our needs are insatiable. One moment you think you are okay and the next moment another thing pops up. To be content in a way means to kowtow to failure. As a religious person, I'm made to understand that there's nothing new under the sun and everything is vanity. You can never be satisfied with what the world has to offer. Chasing after the next big thing is greediness because there is always going to be a bigger thing to come. Simplicity is the key. All that matters is having the people you love around you. Covering yourself with material things never keep you contented
Activity: 136
February 23, 2018, 07:55:36 AM
How to be contented on what you have , be contented  of what you have don't be a insecure to other people may be God plan what is for you so be thankful of God because you have a happy life may be not perfect but be thankful
Activity: 280
February 20, 2018, 06:09:39 PM
It's individual perception if you want more you eager to get more things in life you are not content but if you are discipline individual and satisfied on what you have. Recognize in every little things in life learned to accept what you have need not to greed for more, the more you have it's became complicated.
Activity: 79
February 17, 2018, 11:11:08 AM
Feel satisfied to see from each other, if I am with income and what I have I feel very satisfied, it all makes me very happy means I am very grateful what I earn from my wages
Activity: 210
February 17, 2018, 07:52:10 AM
For me it is normal to be not contented on what you have , we all want all to be successful and more successful .Yes we should be contented on what we have now but the point do you have enough for your future ?if no it is not bad to aim high if it is just for you and your family as long as you don't do bad things for the others.
Activity: 101
February 17, 2018, 07:14:32 AM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

That is totally normal, the problem is that we tend to force things even though we don't really need it. Learn to appreciate things that are not seen by our naked eyes.
Activity: 30
February 17, 2018, 06:52:59 AM
I appreciate a kind of person I'm became the level of my contention with things I have really help me in life. some people find life super difficult when thing is not Rosy.we should know that life is not bes of rosy.sometimes it's exciting,meanwhile it can get tough and hard also.
Activity: 14
February 17, 2018, 06:42:16 AM
Well. My way to learn to appreciate things and people I have in life was harsh but simple. It was a period in my life when I could afford very little and I felt bad at first but then realised how little I need and that I actually have everything I need for life. I had my family and friends around me but then left to another country for 7 months. There I had more than enough money but no time to enjoy things I bought and no joy to share important moments with my beloved ones. So that was it. Material things lost their value and I learned to appreciate the current moment and opportunities.

I would say: go camping for 2-4 weeks where there are no showers, no internet and your phone wouldnt mean a thing and you will see the real value of things
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
February 17, 2018, 06:35:46 AM
As I observed myself it looks like I never stop on planning to buy new things that I dont have yet.

By accepting and appreciating the things that you have.
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
February 17, 2018, 06:30:46 AM
It's a nature to a person that once he can afford he will not be contented on what he wants as he wanted more.
It's up to you how you will be contented...as for me as long as my family are in good and happy I'm contented on that. Nothing is more important for me than my family.
Activity: 34
February 17, 2018, 04:24:11 AM
Dissatisfied attitude and then not grateful it is never separated from us. Somehow, we never feel enough with the pleasure we have. but I feel satisfied what I have today, although in terms of material is not enough but I remain grateful.
Activity: 76
February 12, 2018, 12:50:54 AM
To be contented you must learn to appreciate small or simple  things, . Be happy always on what you are doin and later on you feel the contentment . And you must have in yourself the positivity outlook so that you will not expect too much .
Activity: 252
February 10, 2018, 09:01:04 AM
I guess most probably you are not content with what you have is due to peer pressure or feeling inferior comparing to people around you.  If you think in another way that you are living in a circle where you are the one with the things you have now and people around you does not have the things you have,  you won't be having the same feeling
Activity: 51
February 10, 2018, 06:35:27 AM
I think there are unfair treatments on both sides legally and socially but in the end women have more rights and advantages than men and less obligations.
Pages:
Jump to: