Pages:
Author

Topic: How to motivate a person to work? - page 8. (Read 6346 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
September 22, 2018, 02:34:15 AM
Motivation is something good for everyone especially when a task is needed to be done. It is a nice approach to praise the individual targeted to be motivated, for every forward step or progress he/she makes. Acknowledging every single effort by the individual can be a good approach to motivation.
Activity: 197
Merit: 3
September 22, 2018, 12:59:06 AM
Every single person will be motivated as long as they are doing whatever they are willing to do or love to do.
Activity: 31
September 22, 2018, 12:41:48 AM
Tell people exactly what you want them to do.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
September 21, 2018, 10:04:50 AM
The main thing is to define what motivates a person and use it. Some people are motivated in negative way, some need to be praised. Others admit only money.
Activity: 140
September 21, 2018, 08:49:06 AM
Motivation is needed by anyone as it helps them get going and growing.
What do you think?Motivate is really motives our mind.Another thing, when you’re inspiring people, you’re not telling them exactly what to do or giving them precise directions. You’re empowering them to be their best, trusting that they will then do the right thing. And the right thing they do may not be what you were expecting; it may be something beyond your wildest expectations.
I think you do not have to motivate a person from working , its their own choice to work or not and its their own lives to handle.

Of course.
The best motivation is the realization that if you're being lazy you will be fired. And be sure that there are 3-5-10 people who will happily replace you.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 14
September 21, 2018, 07:25:10 AM
Machines could take 50% of our jobs in the next 30 years, according to scientists. While we can’t predict the future, we can imagine a world without work – one where those who own the tech get rich from it and everyone else out a living, propped up by an increasingly fragile state. I think the threat of pension and job security in the future will make people more willing to be glad at least they have a job!
Activity: 26
September 21, 2018, 05:46:40 AM
In my opinion money will not necessarily motivate you more (although in most cases). I believe that a job where you feel identified can be more beneficial and can give better results. It's no use if you're a school teacher if you do not like children they could pay you all the money in the world but you are not fine.
Activity: 148
September 21, 2018, 05:38:05 AM
Before you think of motivating someone, just make sure you take proper care of your choice of words that comes out of your mouth. If you really want to motivate someone , make sure you come up with energy filled words like "hey your'e almost there", "You can do it" "Never look back" However if you want to motivate someone by attacking their faults thinking that would make them better then its a big century lie
Activity: 154
September 21, 2018, 04:10:15 AM
What do you think?Motivate is really motives our mind.Another thing, when you’re inspiring people, you’re not telling them exactly what to do or giving them precise directions. You’re empowering them to be their best, trusting that they will then do the right thing. And the right thing they do may not be what you were expecting; it may be something beyond your wildest expectations.

it depend who u working with, i don't think can inspiring if u work with rubbish  Lips sealed
dn3
Activity: 168
September 20, 2018, 05:11:07 PM

I think the best mode to motivate a person is regular rewards. Only by giving something, you will receive a great feedback
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
September 20, 2018, 03:38:34 PM
I'd say, as much cheesy as that might seem, good complement could really raise motivation of a worker. Especially, if they respect you as a boss (on a professional and personal side). This might make them strive to be like you. And of course, monetary rewarding help too  Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
September 20, 2018, 03:22:19 PM
As for me, to motivate person to work is been able to convenience the person the see the benefit behind the work.
Activity: 112
Merit: 6
September 20, 2018, 02:48:20 PM
Money is always a motivation for most
Activity: 51
September 20, 2018, 01:43:13 PM
In a work place incentives work best.

Sellers who are paid based upon commission might work harder than someone on salary since that person might feel that they're guaranteed the pay?

I agree, but if thay are pushed to sell more and more then thay can lose their zeal. But yes its better than people who get paid if they work or not.
Activity: 210
September 20, 2018, 12:25:37 PM
pay the wage in time and provide a comfortable place for work and cookies and coffee if needed  Smiley
Activity: 15
September 20, 2018, 09:49:56 AM
there is no general answer to this. you need to find out what motivates your employee. some are driven by money, some by other goals, more intrinsic motives. find out and then motivate them with that!
Activity: 28
September 20, 2018, 08:53:22 AM
make them do what they like but there is always some stuff which isnt fun
Activity: 241
September 20, 2018, 08:02:44 AM
You can't motivate a person to work in a long term if they are not interested in that work. Even money is not good enough.
A person should be passionate about their work
Activity: 70
September 20, 2018, 07:49:21 AM
Money is the best metter for work , nobody live without money its a fact , this is my motivate
Activity: 60
September 20, 2018, 05:25:41 AM
I think the first thing to do is to check whether that person still find the job fulfilling and still happy on what he/she is doing. Intrinsic motivation is the best way to always feel motivated.
For extrinsic motivations, I think the common thing is to be kind to the person. Recognizing efforts and giving value like rewards and incentives are also best way to make them special. Validation from the heads of the organization, too.
Pages:
Jump to: