Pages:
Author

Topic: How to sign a message?! - page 39. (Read 141318 times)

legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003
June 22, 2015, 05:32:06 PM
Can someone be fooled into creating a signature for an address that releases funds from that address?
(Or do tx signatures and "ordinary" signatures follow different encoding?)
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
June 22, 2015, 01:35:06 PM
Just added multibit HD 0.1 as it was now officially replaced on their homepage[1]. Very nice wallet. It has no list of available addresses. Thus if you want to sign with a specific address just copy the address into the box.

link to pic: http://i.imgur.com/MtDpQjq.png

The signed message comes with a header, which you can remove.

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is shorena from bitcointalk.org and today is 2015.06.22
this is a test for my "how to sign a message?!" thread.
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----
Version: MultiBit HD (0.1)
Comment: https://multibit.org
Address: 12U1ooM24WDLLeZokKejQbaYQFmX1Afpwu

INxr6O8CAb9AAvIYBIBJwYixjXudfIgxByY+ol++4gv9F9uctT4M8jznwVvmA/mDp7boSBv7hmZJUruXgtfk0hU=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNATURE-----

[1] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/multibit-hd-01-released-1085503
Activity: 320
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice
June 19, 2015, 06:46:40 PM
Hello, thank you for your exaustive guide, very strong and helpfull.
I have some question, first how can I "claim" an address here on btc talk?
And if I have related to me an address that is full of btc, if I sign a message I will show the private keys and potential can I lost the coins?
If yes, how can avoid this issues?

sign messages proves that you own a specific address and you don't need to show the private keys because you're potentially showing people how to get into your wallet. Just do the steps and show it to the person who is requesting it and this will prove that you own the wallet with funds
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
June 19, 2015, 06:07:11 PM
And if I have related to me an address that is full of btc, if I sign a message I will show the private keys and potential can I lost the coins?

not sure if I understand your question there. you can't just "claim" any address. and you only need to use your private keys to generate the signed message, nobody will see it unless you included it on your message. so there's no risk of losing any coins.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 3440
Nec Recisa Recedit
June 19, 2015, 05:24:51 PM
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
June 19, 2015, 07:22:42 AM
thank you this tutorial help me to signing and verifying a message
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031
June 17, 2015, 08:11:52 AM
I finally learned what signing and verifying a message really means .
thank you so much shorena ,too  helpful
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
June 17, 2015, 06:00:25 AM
Wow, this is a great tutorial shorena! I think mods should sticky this, because every new user have to learn this basic thing before it's too late. I see a lot of users got hacked or lost password and they end up losing their account forever.
Activity: 378
be your self
June 14, 2015, 08:11:14 AM
Dude awesome tutorial.
Signing with bitcoin is a pretty secure system and it needs more adoption IMHO, this will hopefuly make it more commonplace.
I was thinking about writing a tutorial for this within the week but you already took my place so TY for saving me some work  Grin

I am a newbie and I am so happy you guys take out the time and write such detailed information. It helps us understand so much. Shout out to all people who take out the time to help others!
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
June 14, 2015, 05:38:55 AM
how to sign a message with earlier date?

I am not entirely sure I understand you, but the message you sign is up to you. The sig itself does not contain a date as a PGP sig would. If you want to sign "Im efesmalt and today is 1875 March 15th" you can. You can sign any message you want, the only question is what you want to accomplish with it.
i got it. then signed message doesnt have any timestamp. what we are write, message is it. i understood. thanks.
copper member
June 13, 2015, 04:48:46 AM

I am not entirely sure I understand you, but the message you sign is up to you. The sig itself does not contain a date as a PGP sig would. If you want to sign "Im efesmalt and today is 1875 March 15th" you can. You can sign any message you want, the only question is what you want to accomplish with it.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
June 13, 2015, 04:44:44 AM
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
June 13, 2015, 01:56:28 AM
And where you guys ussualy share your address?
Can i post it in here?

1MkUk2LCPMorrgqLBwAR17nbe78PNgbNSh
and my signiture: H3zak5BGaCQ9yo99KUjjNM+DWVTCEkipXlJXLlgCTDWPOBIIhvk7WZPtdsedsNQyH3g+iHF1jpLaxz+gD/hOUm4=

Cool stuff.  Smiley

Go to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/stake-your-bitcoin-address-here-996318.

How do you sign a message using bitcoin wallet in android app?

If you are talking about Andreas Shildbach's Bitcoin wallet, it doesn't allow you to sign message as of now.
Activity: 350
Bitcoin and co.
June 12, 2015, 10:46:03 PM
How do you sign a message using bitcoin wallet in android app?
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
June 12, 2015, 10:27:00 PM
And where you guys ussualy share your address?
Can i post it in here?

1MkUk2LCPMorrgqLBwAR17nbe78PNgbNSh
and my signiture: H3zak5BGaCQ9yo99KUjjNM+DWVTCEkipXlJXLlgCTDWPOBIIhvk7WZPtdsedsNQyH3g+iHF1jpLaxz+gD/hOUm4=

Cool stuff.  Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 505
June 11, 2015, 09:46:25 AM
You sir.. Are a pimp and a scholar for posting this.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
June 11, 2015, 07:40:56 AM
I used online wallet and that's not Blockchain. Is it possible to signed a message with my primary address? I used my primary address in every transaction (not trading) that's why I like it to be signed or posting it in the "Stake Your Bitcoin Address" thread is the only way to get it signed?

Sorry for quoting. Need help. If thats not possible then maybe I'll switch to blockchain online wallet.  Undecided

AFAIK the only online wallet that can sign messages are Blockchain.info. so you might want to switch to them or something better.

Thanks for the info mate. Well look like I'll siwtch to blockchain. I really like to signed a message that have code and not just by quoting. Thanks again  Cool

Which wallet/service are you using? If there is any wallet or online service I missed, I will ad it. I know Im currently not covering all wallets and services, but I am a bit swamped lately. Regardless of this if someone needs a guide for a certain wallet or service I will certainly take a few hours to make it.

I used online wallet Sir. My primary is coins.ph , the btc online wallet provider here in our country but it doesn't have a sign message feature . I make another online wallet and I choose XAPO. I used this two for receiving and paying funds.I dont have an idea about signing a message until I visit the "Stake your Bitcoin Address Here" thread. Never heard of blockchain.info the time Im new to BTC world.

Oh, I see. AFAIK neither XAPO (I checked that in the past) nor coins.ph (just did a quick check, did not download their app though) allow a signed message.

You dont have to switch wallets just to be able to sign a message though. If you are happy with your service you can stick with it for your coins and create an blockchain.info acount (or better install a local wallet software) just for signing. Sometimes its important to sign with an address that actually has spendable coins associated with it, but thats only if you need to proof funds. If you install a software make sure its not bitcoin core or armory as they will try to get a full copy of the blockchain. You dont need that to sign a message. Multibit or Electrum should work fine.

Yeah I really like to signed my address which I always used and Im happy with the services of my online wallet provider especially coins.ph because it has many features and we can pay bills directly using that provider. I'll try MultiBit and Electrum. Many thanks for answering my query.  Cool
copper member
June 11, 2015, 07:29:58 AM
I used online wallet and that's not Blockchain. Is it possible to signed a message with my primary address? I used my primary address in every transaction (not trading) that's why I like it to be signed or posting it in the "Stake Your Bitcoin Address" thread is the only way to get it signed?

Sorry for quoting. Need help. If thats not possible then maybe I'll switch to blockchain online wallet.  Undecided

AFAIK the only online wallet that can sign messages are Blockchain.info. so you might want to switch to them or something better.

Thanks for the info mate. Well look like I'll siwtch to blockchain. I really like to signed a message that have code and not just by quoting. Thanks again  Cool

Which wallet/service are you using? If there is any wallet or online service I missed, I will ad it. I know Im currently not covering all wallets and services, but I am a bit swamped lately. Regardless of this if someone needs a guide for a certain wallet or service I will certainly take a few hours to make it.

I used online wallet Sir. My primary is coins.ph , the btc online wallet provider here in our country but it doesn't have a sign message feature . I make another online wallet and I choose XAPO. I used this two for receiving and paying funds.I dont have an idea about signing a message until I visit the "Stake your Bitcoin Address Here" thread. Never heard of blockchain.info the time Im new to BTC world.

Oh, I see. AFAIK neither XAPO (I checked that in the past) nor coins.ph (just did a quick check, did not download their app though) allow a signed message.

You dont have to switch wallets just to be able to sign a message though. If you are happy with your service you can stick with it for your coins and create an blockchain.info acount (or better install a local wallet software) just for signing. Sometimes its important to sign with an address that actually has spendable coins associated with it, but thats only if you need to proof funds. If you install a software make sure its not bitcoin core or armory as they will try to get a full copy of the blockchain. You dont need that to sign a message. Multibit or Electrum should work fine.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
June 11, 2015, 07:18:45 AM

copper member
June 11, 2015, 07:02:26 AM

Pages:
Jump to: