Pages:
Author

Topic: How you deal with depression? - page 2. (Read 8204 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 2
August 25, 2018, 02:31:24 AM
In dealing with my depression, I making myself busy doing things that will make me forget all the negativity that I am experiencing. I talk and express everything that makes me sad and feel alone. I am boosting my confidence by watching funny videos and vines. I am listening to happy music.Eating may also help.    
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
August 25, 2018, 02:15:20 AM
Experimental Treatments

Vagal Nerve Stimulation is a treatment that is used in cases of Epilepsy but has also been found to be effective in the treatment of severe depression. Although still classed as experimental, in 2005 it was approved by the FDA in the USA for severe treatment-resistant depression.
Activity: 2
August 25, 2018, 02:07:24 AM
Electro Convulsive Therapy

The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), recommend that ECT is only used "for the treatment of severe depressive illness, a prolonged or severe episode of mania, or catatonia" but certain conditions apply including one that other forms of treatment have proved ineffective.
August 24, 2018, 11:41:52 PM
The most commonly prescribed anti-depressant drugs today fall into the SSRI category as they appear to have fewer side effects and are considered less dangerous than the others.
Activity: 14
August 24, 2018, 04:02:33 PM
No matter how bad it is, try to accept your condition. not an easy matter indeed. I think self-acceptance is the most important thing so you will still be grateful because you are still given the opportunity to live longer. Just go ahead and accept your fate, a positive environment and relatives who always give moral support will make it easier for you to accept yourself and your condition.
Activity: 28
August 24, 2018, 03:10:38 PM
properly every time I got depress I commonly go to see my pals to hangout with them,
they maybe not the high-quality man or woman however they understand the way to make you snicker even when your down.
Activity: 28
August 24, 2018, 03:10:14 PM
quite a few work will help to overlook about depressionAlsoa lot of verbal exchange and distinctive activity
August 24, 2018, 03:03:02 PM
Medicines:
Serotonin and Noradrenaline Reuptake Inhibitors – SNRIs such as Endronax
Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors – for example, Manerix and Nardil
Activity: 3
August 24, 2018, 01:10:58 PM
Lithium Carbonate has a mood stabilising effect and is sometimes prescribed to people with severe depression; however, it is dangerous if the levels in the blood become too high so constant medical checks and blood tests are a necessity.
August 24, 2018, 01:07:43 PM
There are many kinds of anti-depressants available but the main types fall into the categories of:

• Tricyclics – including Anafranil
• Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors – SSRIs like Prozac
August 24, 2018, 08:26:47 AM
Persistent depression may require the use of anti-depressants for a period of time. Just like all treatments, they are not an overnight fix and can take anything up to several weeks for the effect of the medication to be felt, and just like all medications they can carry side effects.
Activity: 41
Merit: 2
August 24, 2018, 08:00:35 AM
I depression is a state of mind that will always want you to be alone, it will always tend to keep you away from other people, people who can help you fight it.

In my case whenever I find myself becoming depressed, I ensure that I go out,  I try as much as possible to meet up with friends, even if I don't get to share what I am going through with them, it helps me see life in new light and give me the strength to keep on fighting.

Problems will always suffice through out our journey in life,  overcoming these challenges will give us always sense of accomplishment.

T
August 24, 2018, 07:11:02 AM
By focussing on specific difficulties that are happening in your life now, new ways of coping and dealing with situations can be identified. It is particularly helpful for anxiety related and panic disorders and disorders affecting behaviour, for example, obsessive compulsive disorder and eating disorders, amongst others.
Activity: 11
August 24, 2018, 04:16:05 AM
By sharing your experiences either on a one to one basis or perhaps in a group therapy session with people in a similar situation or with similar feelings, can allow you the necessary emotional support you need to enable you to cope. This type of treatment lends itself well to mild and moderate types of depression sometimes alongside medication.
Activity: 12
August 24, 2018, 04:05:48 AM
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy

Sometimes negative thoughts and ideas or the way you think about things can contribute to feelings of depression. This type of therapy helps you to look at these in detail in order to change the way you think about them, so that you change your behaviour accordingly.
August 24, 2018, 12:37:14 AM
The most common include various types of psychotherapy and anti-depressant medications, or perhaps a combination of these two approaches. For very severe cases of depression, more drastic measures can be employed.
Activity: 12
August 24, 2018, 12:00:43 AM
If antidepressants are prescribed it is important that the doctor is aware of exactly what medications the individual is currently taking, both prescribed and over the counter preparations, to avoid any adverse interactions that might occur with antidepressants.
Activity: 10
August 23, 2018, 11:41:13 PM
The newer SSRIs (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors) have fewer side effects so may be a more favourable option for the elderly as older people tend to be more susceptible to the effects of any medication.
August 23, 2018, 11:17:27 PM
Treatment options include medication, some form of psychotherapy and counselling, and in more severe cases of depression or where other forms of treatment have proved ineffective, possibly ECT (Electro Convulsive Therapy).
Activity: 1
August 23, 2018, 11:03:26 PM
Psychotherapy

This approach is based on developing a trusting, safe and understanding environment for you to talk through your thoughts and feelings with the help of a trained counsellor.
Pages:
Jump to: