Pages:
Author

Topic: How you deal with depression? - page 7. (Read 8204 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 0
June 22, 2018, 10:41:38 AM
Go see a psychologist, if you can't afford one then your government might provide that kind of health care. I personally never find much relief from talking about my problems especially if I'm paying for it but I could valuable information and a diagnosis. I still have my condition but I stopped seeing one because of financial reasons and government is crap but I'm still coping much better than I was before I went. Also excercise and keeping healthy helps along with a hobby or interest which can be a good coping mechanism Smiley all the best
Activity: 88
June 22, 2018, 10:23:03 AM
When I am dealing with depression, I always kneel down and pray. Also listening to music is my stress and depression reliever
Activity: 60
June 22, 2018, 08:58:54 AM
When trapped in a depression trough, it feels the future is something very dark. Happiness is impossible. We are enveloped by fear, guilt, anger, hatred and sadness. The only strength we can rely on is hope. If we still believe that there is a good hope ahead, things will improve, then we will be strongly facing the current episode of depression. There are many people who can go through depression, you are no exception.
Activity: 8
June 22, 2018, 05:17:29 AM
For me to avoid depression I always make myself busy, I usually spend my time reading, listen to music, watching some movies, working and meditating.
Activity: 27
June 21, 2018, 12:52:44 PM
I make myself busy of doing worthful things,  and most importantly I pray.  Smiley
Activity: 103
Merit: 1
June 21, 2018, 11:53:32 AM
I focus on my hobbies, go to the gym, meditate. Stop beating myself up. Take a step back to figure out why I'm depressed. Surround myself with positive people. Maybe you need professional help? 27 years old - your story is not over - there is still hope.
yes just looking for entertainment and playing games
Activity: 29
June 21, 2018, 10:28:17 AM
Depression is a serious issue maybe it's more practical to consult with professional regarding the treatment and care you should consider, as for me, in order to cure depression, surround yourself with people and things you love,Do things that makes you happy and enjoy life at its finest without thinking of any limitations as if its your last because no matter What you do, It's still you- yourself that can truly cure the depression your undergoing.
Activity: 126
June 19, 2018, 09:33:44 AM
I think I should focus on relationships and communication.
June 19, 2018, 02:59:55 AM
Understand that life has changes, up and down moments and that the biggest flaw that society has given us is the need to fixate on these things, medicate them and try to suck the rest of the world down with those that cannot cope.
June 19, 2018, 12:04:12 AM
Depression is something that is hard to deal with from the very first place and of course it depends to the person who are experiencing it. We may have different  ways to deal with it because of our differences but one thing that we have to ponder is that everything happens with a reason.
Activity: 26
June 18, 2018, 11:17:33 PM
you need someone to talk to and always enjoy what you're doing.
Activity: 113
June 18, 2018, 11:11:29 PM
Depression this is the feelings that its hard to move on and to catch up ..maybe it likes you crazy and make our life being crazy because as what said it is very hard.  Wink
Activity: 40
June 18, 2018, 08:29:02 AM
Sleep or take a long break, it helps. I promise
Activity: 66
Merit: 3
If you smile things will work out ):
June 18, 2018, 06:57:22 AM
I have went through it as i experienced seasonal depression and at that time nothing seems to be helpful! Hesitated to go to the doctor, but now i think i took a good decision by not visiting  a doctor ,taking pills and following other methods to bypass depression!
It might sound a bit scary but to be honest you yourself have to pass the depression period on your own, peoples, helping hands will be there to support you but it seems absolutely useless at that particular moment! I almost loosed hope and could not find interest in the tasks that i used to enjoy doing. Every thoughts in my mind were negative , didn't matter how much optimistic i was once. But slowly slowly along with time everything recovers. You either deal with it or you come to live with it !
I usually used to spend long hours sitting beside the window watching the street , pass hours playing with my pets (really very helpful if you enjoy their companion), tried to spend as much time i could with my friends(which felt me like as if i was the only one left alone in the middle of crowd, still emptiness).

I did all these, so sharing with others if anyone finds it helpful:

a) Try breaking your daily routine. If you wake up too early in the morning.. Try sleeping for long hours even if you wake up multiple times feeling scared, heart beating fast as if something is missing from life!
b) Some exercise! I won't recommend anything else other than JUST JOGGING FOR 10 MINS will make you feel better and fresh! I personally used to do this 2-3 times a day.
c) Don't sleep afternoons lol! Mood swings too much and i always wake up with a pathetic mood being cranky.
d) Drink plenty of water and have Ice-Cream ^_^
e) I used to spend some extra time gardening. Used to water then some rose plants and other flowers.
f) Neglect peoples as much as possible who shares negative experience !!!!!
g) No matter how much sad you feel and just feel like sitting and spending time , rather do some activities! Don't waste time alone, different un-necessary negative thoughts will jump into mind , so rather be active.

Lastly TIME CHANGES ! EVERYONE OF US DO FACE DEPRESSION AT CERTAIN STAGE in LIFE! It's normal for us to act like this when we are either taking too much stress or can't achieve something in life which is very important for us...So keep patience and hope and pray to GOD(if you believe)

I'm sharing this from my personal experience! So all those steps i did and followed to come out of depression worked out for me.. Maybe or maybe not work for others.
Activity: 238
June 18, 2018, 06:40:46 AM
Try to show interest in gambling, I'm talking about poker in particular, you can show more interest, you can pay less attention to real problems, but what it will lead to ...
Activity: 9
June 18, 2018, 06:25:43 AM
keep your mind free. do the things that you really enjoy doing. spend time with your friends. listen to music and travel with your folks.
Activity: 12
June 18, 2018, 06:00:17 AM
A series of negative beliefs about oneself, the world, or other people can induce and maintain depression. These beliefs are usually irrational. By examining them on your own or working with a therapist, you can transform them into rational, positive beliefs that will ease your depression.
~
Activity: 50
Merit: 2
June 18, 2018, 05:10:32 AM
How to deal with depression? First, accepting the fact that being depressed is normal  Wink
Activity: 173
June 18, 2018, 04:59:14 AM
I make sure that pull my self together and be serious
Activity: 145
June 18, 2018, 04:46:37 AM
Je sympathise!
Il est important de se rappeler qu'il y a des gens qui sont pires. Il y a un an j'ai commencé à courir et la semaine dernière j'ai couru et j'ai pensé que c'était dur pour moi, ce qui était très mauvais pour moi, j'ai vu une fille avec une prothèse devant moi, elle a couru et ça a dû être beaucoup plus dur. (Et je me suis réprimandé de m'abandonner, quand c'est encore plus difficile pour les autres.) Ce n'est pas une raison de se réjouir, mais sachez que tout ira bien, j'y crois vraiment!
Pages:
Jump to: