Pages:
Author

Topic: How you deal with depression? - page 6. (Read 8204 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 28, 2018, 09:10:20 AM
Im just wait until it disappear. Sometimes it takes few days, or even weeks.
Activity: 35
July 20, 2018, 09:29:26 AM
Spend time with your family and loved ones and share things with them.
Activity: 336
Merit: 42
July 20, 2018, 05:14:26 AM
Also had depression and almost post-traumatic stress disorder.  I recalled that there was a season of my life that I always woke up every 4am having the same dream again and again.

Here are the things that really help me:

1. Ask for help!
Please do not be shy to admit that you need help.  By being vulnerable you are gaining freedom to express yourself.  During the peak of my depression, I am undergoing counseling with a trusted friend.  It really helps me gain new perspectives.

2. Hold on
I know that it is so hard to keep moving forward.  There are times that I always overthink things and have suicidal thoughts.  It helps me to list down at least 10 things that I praise God for (if you believe in God) or things that you consider praiseworthy or miracles.  This helps me focus to the blessings around me that the things that worry me.

3. What is your purpose of living?
I think the greatest motivation of all is to have a purpose of living.  I do believe in God (Jesus, the Christian God) because it is so weird and unfathomable for me that this Jesus loves you even though you are really tired of loving yourself anymore.

God bless you friend.  Struggle well.  You are not alone in this journey.
Activity: 30
July 20, 2018, 04:18:12 AM
try to have someobe you can talk to, openly, if you are not comfortable, try creating blogs where you can express your depressions, and try to give yourself importance, try to see life in a positive way
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
July 20, 2018, 03:33:41 AM
When in life everything goes downhill the main thing is to try to keep faith in the fact that it is not forever. Don't shut yourself up and choose NOT to suffer.
Activity: 55
July 19, 2018, 11:52:39 PM
Talking to someone you know would understand you is the best way for me. Letting all the burden be expressed will somehow ease the burden and will make you feel that there is someone that will listen and not bring you down. It is important that you communicate so they would understand you.
Activity: 16
July 19, 2018, 10:18:40 PM
If you think your depression is severe then please go to a psychologist and have a consultation.
Activity: 19
July 19, 2018, 01:46:22 AM
never be alone, if you have friends that you trust and never judges you or closest family member, then tell them your problems.
Activity: 74
July 18, 2018, 10:46:51 PM
Don’t overthink about your issues, instead, try to find a solution to get rid of it.
Activity: 10
July 02, 2018, 06:14:36 AM
just do meditation. It will help you a lot.
Activity: 19
July 02, 2018, 05:57:57 AM
When i get depressed, i try to make myself busy in different works. Also, i listen to music and sometimes i pass my time in my garden.
Activity: 12
July 02, 2018, 05:50:15 AM
Developing a routine can help you stay active and out of the mire of depression. This routine can involve scheduled activities or a daily repetition of mental health strategies. For example, you can start your day with a positive self-affirmation and end it by writing down something you are grateful for (more on that later).
Activity: 196
July 01, 2018, 10:32:47 AM
Just relax and don't think negative things that makes you stressed, listen in your favorite songs this give you good vibes.
brand new
Activity: 0
June 24, 2018, 08:53:34 AM
Behavioral activation is the practice of gradually increasing activity to experience more pleasure and mastery in life, according to Joel Minden, Ph.D., a clinical psychologist at the Chico Center for Cognitive Behavior Therapy. The therapeutic technique is relatively new, so it has a limited amount of research backing it. Nonetheless, it did spring from cognitive behavior therapy [CBT], which has mountains of research to support its efficacy.
Activity: 31
July 01, 2018, 09:43:09 AM
I had a major fallback in my life which I never talked with anyone. I was depressed for more than a year. I played a lot of computer games, learnt programming and built app, and most important thing is go out and eat. don't care about anything else, treat yourself. go to a restaurant alone and grab a bite, look at others, keep yourself busy, do volunteering. I overcame it, so can you.
Activity: 16
July 01, 2018, 09:39:06 AM
Depression is very different from just feeling unhappy. A depressed mind tends to worry unnecessary negative possibilities that may emerge in the future. This negative thought reinforces misery and is not helpful in managing to overcome depression. Practice mindfulness. Stop the negative self talk. Don't take your thoughts seriously when you are feeling low. Acknowledge the thoughts but this doesn't mean you have to believe them. Keep perspective.
Activity: 70
June 28, 2018, 03:18:52 PM
I spend my time with my pets and it helps me a lot.
Activity: 88
June 28, 2018, 01:29:20 PM
when i fell depress.  i go jogging, play basketball with friends, football most times and i wach a lot of comedy movies! because when i laugh i forget about every other thing around me .. and its helps a lot an  listen to a lot of relixing music.and positiv thinking also helps!
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
June 24, 2018, 09:11:15 AM
Find someone that will make you happy and very active everyday like a girlfriend or boyfriend. You can only overcone that if thiers someone that will motivate you to live more and be happy whatever the situation is my friend.

Lastly and most effective is learn how to pray and ask for Gods guidance. It sounds be unrealistic but it works most of the time. Hopefully I was able to help you with my simple message.  😇
Activity: 32
June 22, 2018, 10:57:56 PM
I advice you to seek advice from a psychiatrist or a person who has experienced.
Pages:
Jump to: