Pages:
Author

Topic: I have learnt my lessons - page 17. (Read 23602 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
June 08, 2018, 04:21:16 AM
I also used to sell bounty tokens early. I have since learned that generally it is much better to hold longer-term - and this is certainly true if you only participate in bounties for coins that you believe in, as these are likely to be good long-term bets rather than pump and dump stuff.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
June 08, 2018, 04:18:55 AM
I can not wait. The coin falls, falls every day. I'm selling it. I did not have the experience of growing coins 2 or more times ...
Activity: 382
Merit: 100
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy
June 08, 2018, 02:56:35 AM
Thanks for the tips, this will be very helpful to newbies like me Cheesy I think these same tips apply to most investments in general as well.
It is really helpful and one of the things not just newbies but most bounty hunters should be taking note of. I do not know how a lot of people think, but as a bounty hunter even if you do not see yourself as an investor, you are robbing yourself if you are selling at lower than ICO price, and you are also robbing yourself of the future if you are selling at ICO price once it hits the market. Always give the project time to do great as that is the time any investor will always look forward to.
Activity: 120
Merit: 1
June 07, 2018, 10:07:27 AM
It is great story for people who have zero patience and sell immediately when they just got their tokens or 15% profit for example.
But I had such situation when patience played the role against me. I had one coin that was $0.1 on ICO. Some coins I had from airdrop but the most I bought. And this coin went to $1. I got x10 and it was a lot of money because I bought for almost all that I had that time!
And I decided not to cash out but hold. It began to dip. I hold. It continue dipping. I hold. Now this coin is $0.03. Make your conclusion

I think you need to have lost and profit management. patience is necessary, but if we already get a profit, why not we money some of our initial investment or 70 percent of the total funds in the coin. For easy, make a target when we will attract or withdraw the money. I just realized this when I also experienced similar things and things where I rush to sell coins. I will cut the profit when my token ICO was touch 2x-3x.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
June 07, 2018, 05:59:45 AM
These are some of the best traders' experiences, and most new investors pay fees in the face of a brutal market.
So when they read this post, they may pay less tuition.
Activity: 532
Merit: 114
June 07, 2018, 05:52:55 AM
So true! What you state is experience, and it teaches us the most. Sharing like this also helps create awareness, caution and guide people who are still new to crypto. Thank you!
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
June 07, 2018, 05:43:29 AM
It is never a good thing to sell hastily.
It is never a good thing to sell below ICO price.
It is not also good to sell at exactly the ICO price.
There were times sold when i was not supposed to sell. Just because of the excitement of receiving tokens through bounty participation and perhaps through airdrop, i was eager to cash out.
Most of the times i did this, i always found out that i later ran at loss, not considering my effort and the time spent in promoting such project.
I could have also had 2x and sometimes 10x the ICO price, but impatience made me to loose the opportunity.

My last experience was on a token i received. Mentioning the name will be of no use, but for crypto enthusiasts to also learn from my mistake. Ever since then, i have learnt to hold and this has been profitable to me.
No matter how you got your token or coin, always try and be patient enough to hold until you are in profit.

This is not always the case, ok some coins raise their value weeks or months after the ICO but there are some coins who pumped when it hit the market but after a month they stuck to a price on the price that was lower in their ICO there are a lot of coins like that, there is no one rule in selling and holding.
Activity: 742
Merit: 121
June 07, 2018, 05:40:40 AM
All right. There is no need to pursue superprofits and at the same time one should not rush to sell ahead of time. Or keep coins long term if you believe in this project.
Activity: 150
Merit: 29
Happy mother of 5 children
June 07, 2018, 05:22:23 AM
Many tokens that are listed on the exchange are traded well below the ICO price. And this is a stable market trend. Unfortunately, only a few of all ICOs give a serious profit.
Activity: 122
Merit: 0
June 07, 2018, 05:13:02 AM
I have learnt my experience in near future. Because of my impatience I lost a great opportunity. One of my sold coin price increased x3 after I sold it. I learn my lessons. Crypto market needs more patience.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Glad to see you
June 07, 2018, 05:04:52 AM
There were times sold when i was not supposed to sell. Just because of the excitement of receiving tokens through bounty participation and perhaps through airdrop, i was eager to cash out.
Most of the times i did this, i always found out that i later ran at loss, not considering my effort and the time spent in promoting such project.
I could have also had 2x and sometimes 10x the ICO price, but impatience made me to loose the opportunity.

My last experience was on a token i received. Mentioning the name will be of no use, but for crypto enthusiasts to also learn from my mistake. Ever since then, i have learnt to hold and this has been profitable to me.
No matter how you got your token or coin, always try and be patient enough to hold until you are in profit.

totally agree with you. On this market, care and patience are very important. But do not forget about greed. Sometimes we wait for the price to go higher but price dump and we miss the opportunity. It is very important make some  deadlines or %profits for closing trades.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
June 07, 2018, 04:51:30 AM
Crypto market is a market of patience but if you see the opportunity to sell, do it.

But if you are in the wrong timing and you know better on what you are doing, trust your belief and don't sell as long as you are in loss. Some will tell you to cut losses but everyone who are doing it without any remedy of investing to another coin is you'll get stuck with loss.
Truly correction suggestions from you mate need to learn and focus  monitor the altcoins they uave becayse the opportunity are in the gand of holder's when is the right time to sell their holding coin came from the bounty rewards or when the coins came from icos has put in n to he exchange.
Everything is in the hands of the holder/traders but if you know better what you do is something of a strategy and not just goes with luck.

It doesn't matter if it came from bounty rewards or it came from your investment in ICOs but the thing is that you should know what's happening with the coin that you invested.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
June 07, 2018, 04:40:19 AM
Crypto market is a market of patience but if you see the opportunity to sell, do it.

But if you are in the wrong timing and you know better on what you are doing, trust your belief and don't sell as long as you are in loss. Some will tell you to cut losses but everyone who are doing it without any remedy of investing to another coin is you'll get stuck with loss.

Truly correction suggestions from you mate need to learn and focus  monitor the altcoins they uave becayse the opportunity are in the gand of holder's when is the right time to sell their holding coin came from the bounty rewards or when the coins came from icos has put in n to he exchange.
Activity: 140
June 07, 2018, 04:25:26 AM
the key to success in crypto is patient and patient, not careless and unafraid when the market is down, not easily affected by bad news, restraint and self-control is a successful person's attitude.
Activity: 159
June 07, 2018, 04:19:36 AM

A very interesting piece which is worth reading. You deserve some credits for sharing.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
June 07, 2018, 04:02:53 AM

It was a very valuable experience and should be used as a lesson for the future can be better. Crypto is basically better off trying it first in order to be able to figure out what to do. with a try straight then it will know the steps to take each experience constraints.
Activity: 462
June 07, 2018, 03:54:06 AM
Your analysis is very reasonable. Thank you for sharing. I think these practices are experienced by every investor who has just entered the cryptocurrency market. Because everyone fears the risks in the investment market, they are willing to choose short-term trading as the main transaction. Means, the result missed a lot of money-making opportunities!
Activity: 26
June 06, 2018, 02:28:55 PM

Yes I've done the same thing as you, but for now I try to be patient and try to use holding tactics. It is true that in a hurry is a very painful and unfortunate thing.
although I get a coin from bounty or free, the rush is a big mistake.

It is great story for people who have zero patience and sell immediately when they just got their tokens or 15% profit for example.
But I had such situation when patience played the role against me. I had one coin that was $0.1 on ICO. Some coins I had from airdrop but the most I bought. And this coin went to $1. I got x10 and it was a lot of money because I bought for almost all that I had that time!
And I decided not to cash out but hold. It began to dip. I hold. It continue dipping. I hold. Now this coin is $0.03. Make your conclusion
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
June 06, 2018, 02:19:02 PM
I also strongly agree with your statement.
it would be better if you hold the tokens you have do not sell in a cheap price state
I hate to say this but good for him, atleast he did know what happens when he panicked and sell easily. We learned from our mistakes, not only him but personally i share the same experience just like him, and we don't want to happen that again.
I really do not hate to say it, which is good for him and any other person in his position. At the same time, I still thank them so much, because they are the reason I actually get a lot of gains after buying tokens that investors bought at a higher price during ICO at a lesser price.

It is good he is learning from or has learned from his mistakes, but I am sure a lot of people still would not most of the time, and they are the set of people that always cry wolf when they see what they have held in the past doing huge in percentage in the long run. 'I used to hold that coin or token' is not an excuse.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
June 06, 2018, 01:52:35 PM

Those are some basic things that you should have known before investing/selling off your coins. If you went through the forums regularly, you will often see threads popping up were people states the exact mistakes that you have done. Sadly most of the people just ignores it unless they suffered. Now think of this suffering/loss as a form of spending money to learn something (in a hard way).
Pages:
Jump to: