Pages:
Author

Topic: I have learnt my lessons - page 18. (Read 23602 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250
June 06, 2018, 11:37:49 AM
learning from experience is indeed the best. so it will know when the time is right to sell and when to start buying a good time. of course, this is just a matter of actual patient only. as a result of which many fear sometimes bounty price fall so selling very low-far below the ICO. If patient a couple of months and finally the price could be higher than ICO so imagine what a disappointment that sells at a price that is too cheap.
Activity: 585
Merit: 100
June 06, 2018, 11:36:29 AM
I learned valuable lessons when investing in electronic money:
1. Make money is not difficult but not a simple thing.
2. In business must know the exact guessing time, not too hasty nor slow.
3. Must be brave, have a strategic vision of the currency they hold.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
June 06, 2018, 11:31:50 AM
Mistakes of most of the newbies and dumpers as well including myself but for my case is necessary because I badly needed the money so I need to cash out some of my tokens almost 50% of it, knowing that it will gain X3 in just 1 month after the 2nd exchange launch I shoulda waited for that moment, so don't sell immediately if you know that your ICO is legit most importantly if they are good in the long-term holding.
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
June 06, 2018, 11:30:11 AM
Sometimes it is a good to sell below the ICO price, particularly if the project is about to tank. Definitely don't use this rule for all projects, but it certainly does apply to high potential projects, as even if they dip below ICO price, it is usually only transient.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
June 06, 2018, 11:25:09 AM
I agree with you selling at ico price or below it is just for losers, as people mostly invest in lots of ICOs, not selling below ico price and waiting might be good strategy if the projects you invest in are not scam.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
June 06, 2018, 11:23:17 AM
It is never a good thing to sell hastily.
It is never a good thing to sell below ICO price.
It is not also good to sell at exactly the ICO price.
There were times sold when i was not supposed to sell. Just because of the excitement of receiving tokens through bounty participation and perhaps through airdrop, i was eager to cash out.
Most of the times i did this, i always found out that i later ran at loss, not considering my effort and the time spent in promoting such project.
I could have also had 2x and sometimes 10x the ICO price, but impatience made me to loose the opportunity.

My last experience was on a token i received. Mentioning the name will be of no use, but for crypto enthusiasts to also learn from my mistake. Ever since then, i have learnt to hold and this has been profitable to me.
No matter how you got your token or coin, always try and be patient enough to hold until you are in profit.

if you are doing bounty for a living then better sell before it drops heavily. but if you have earned and stable, then you are ready to hold a certain coin which you wish to pump. it is true that panic selling is not a good thing i have tried it too and regret my decision.
Activity: 120
Merit: 1
June 06, 2018, 11:21:18 AM
There were times sold when i was not supposed to sell. Just because of the excitement of receiving tokens through bounty participation and perhaps through airdrop, i was eager to cash out.
Most of the times i did this, i always found out that i later ran at loss, not considering my effort and the time spent in promoting such project.
I could have also had 2x and sometimes 10x the ICO price, but impatience made me to loose the opportunity.

My last experience was on a token i received. Mentioning the name will be of no use, but for crypto enthusiasts to also learn from my mistake. Ever since then, i have learnt to hold and this has been profitable to me.
No matter how you got your token or coin, always try and be patient enough to hold until you are in profit.

Yes I've done the same thing as you, but for now I try to be patient and try to use holding tactics. It is true that in a hurry is a very painful and unfortunate thing.
although I get a coin from bounty or free, the rush is a big mistake.
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
June 06, 2018, 11:19:33 AM
It is one thing to make mistake, it is another thing to realise and admit that you have made a mistake. If only we have come to admit this, then it will become a stepping stone to greater height. Virtually everyone has made one mistake or the other at some points in crypto. We all have made mistakes, but we learn everyday.
You have really drawn our attention to something very important.
Activity: 826
Merit: 11
June 06, 2018, 11:14:26 AM
I also learned my lesson from joining different bounty campaign projects but everything boils down into having self decipline and having enough patience with cryptocurrency.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
June 06, 2018, 11:11:02 AM
I have read a very interesting article about the average pricing of the ICO's that were realised until now, and the people who waited 6 months to sell their coins after the ICO has finished have got an average profit of 150% to 430%. You can read the whole research here: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3182169
Merit: 11
June 06, 2018, 11:08:43 AM
I learned my lessons after my wallet was hacked.im now more cautious and vigilant in clicking some suspicious sites.
Activity: 159
Merit: 10
June 06, 2018, 11:01:12 AM
In cryptocurrency world, there are many lessons; one of these is securing your wallets to prevent of being hacked; also, to follow the rules of Bitcoin forum in order to continue in joining campaign.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
June 06, 2018, 10:53:26 AM
It is good to learn from our past mistakes because human as we are,mistakes are inevitable. All we need to do is to learn as far as we can and that will make use better people. Learning is part of the journey and the actual failure is the one who has refused to learn lessons when they fall or make mistakes.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
June 06, 2018, 10:46:11 AM
That, actually is one of the saddest part of the story as a bounty hunter. If you don't know how to read technical charts or even not that active to check the platform's social media groups and website. You are doom and missing one of the greatest chance when to sell those altcoins. ICOs take time to develop so as the price to upward movement. Those mistakes will definitely make you a better trader, just learn from it and always keep those in mind.

In my experience there are coins or tokens which must be kept and there are those which better be sold immediately when the price is already gone or already profitable to do so. Holding everything we received is not also a good idea and selling everything is not a good thing to do. However, one thing is sure we all have different strategies and one's strategy may not actually be working for another person due to differences in mindset and circumstances.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
June 06, 2018, 10:40:58 AM

But atleast you have learnt this soon,you dont spend more time and bounties before realizing this,and i salute you for being truthful on your mistakes,this may serves as inspiration for other newbie in this business to have more awareness and will use your experience as basis for future preferences
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
June 06, 2018, 10:40:19 AM
As you lend your learning, you also give us a chance to get more ideas to aware those things you encountered. Every lesson has no limits, we maybe learn it again but we already know what to do.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
June 06, 2018, 10:33:43 AM

Well this same reason why most of newbie in crypto community fails,becaus of being impatient ive been like you once Mate and its really frustrating when you saw those coins you sold now having huge value.

I use to have almost 1k litecoins before but just like you i sold it when the price grows 15$ and now imagine how big money i am having if i have some patience
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy
June 06, 2018, 10:29:37 AM
yeah but these are all things that happen when you do not inform yourself for example  in the bitcointalk thread about the specfic coin or token which you are not sure whether to sell
Activity: 224
Merit: 6
June 06, 2018, 10:27:17 AM
totally agree with you mate. before selling your holdings try to hold it for a moment if that coin has a good potential to pump up or not. almost all ico price token will pump up that what we called it hype. but some token that is not promising token after it pump it will dump and if the developers will do nothing there coin will just be dead. it better to learn your holding before you hodl it or you sell it.
Merit: 1
June 06, 2018, 10:25:35 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience with us on this forum. At least, this will go a long way to help those of us that are coming from behind. Sometimes we learn from people's mistakes, we do not have to make those mistakes by ourselves. Also, as humans we are liable to make mistakes. Thanks for the wonderful tips.
Pages:
Jump to: