Pages:
Author

Topic: I know there is no such thing as 'free energy' but what if it was possible? - page 4. (Read 18340 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Voltage rises with each inch of coil surface. It is over unity.
Current drops in the same proportion. It is balanced.

Wrong. Tesla transformers are not electromagnetic devices. They use radiant shockwaves, and produce pure voltage without current.
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
Voltage rises with each inch of coil surface. It is over unity.
Current drops in the same proportion. It is balanced.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Extra volts means extra kilowatts.
No, extra volts at the same current means extra power. A Tesla coil (or, indeed, any transformer) reduces current in proportion to the voltage increase, so the output power is exactly equal to the input power minus power lost due to inefficiencies.

(voltage = aether).
No. No, it isn't.

No. Voltage rises with each inch of coil surface. It is over unity.

No.

Over-unity = Perpetual_motion
No, extra volts at the same current means extra power. A Tesla coil (or, indeed, any transformer) reduces current in proportion to the voltage increase, so the output power is exactly equal to the input power minus power lost due to inefficiencies.

(voltage = aether).
No. No, it isn't.

No. Voltage rises with each inch of coil surface. It is over unity.
legendary

(voltage = aether).
No. No, it isn't.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
This is going to sound really stupid, but our own bodies give us free energy every day we wake up feeling refreshed.

But you do need to eat and breathe, for your body to work and have energy available - so it really isn't free energy either.

besides throwing an extremely low current arc, what good is it?
[...] Why do people expect a breakthrough in physics to come from such a hopelessly outdated technology?

Seriously, have you guys never played Command and Conquer? Tesla Coils were the best thing in the game. Tongue
Yes it is. It produces extra volts. (voltage = aether). Extra volts means extra kilowatts.
Activity: 560
Merit: 502
This is going to sound really stupid, but our own bodies give us free energy every day we wake up feeling refreshed.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Tesla coil is an overunity device.

Please show on the circuit were over unity is achieved.

Here's what I think happened.

You didn't actually know what a Tesla coil was. Now you're going to commit a logical fallacy, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts , and tell me you meant something else, which doesn't exist, but you'll claim it does and it's just a secret.
Tesla coil is an overunity device.
legendary
besides throwing an extremely low current arc, what good is it?
It throws out a high frequency arc. Just modulate the power input and you've got yourself a primitive radio transmitter. Of course, it's totally obsoleted by modern tuned circuits, but back when it was invented it really did solve a lot of problems (in the field of radio transmission).

The Tesla coil is basically the horse-drawn carriage of wireless devices. It was useful a hundred years ago, but today its only place is entertainment and a few niche applications. Why do people expect a breakthrough in physics to come from such a hopelessly outdated technology?
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
if there was a free energy source mining would have been much more profitable/easier. Gulf and petrol producing countries would be in a big disadvantage though.
Maybe. Free energy... .... Is heat considered free energy? -Anyway, we'd be able to mine far, far, far deeper than we can now (probably split the Earth apart), and with unlimited fuel (and unlimited fuel means practically unlimited labor), we'd probably get off this rock and onto many others - or stay in space and have drones bring us whatever we'd like. Time on Earth with unlimited energy would be pretty quick, I'd guess. Either we all die are we rapidly advance to some type of super-race floating in space and having drones fly into the sun... would be interesting to see what happens with suicide rates when we practically have everything.

We'll never have everything. Maybe the material needs of everyone will be easily met at some point. But most people need more than that, so I don't think suicide rates would change much. I think our needs would just shift more to self-actualization, and a sense of belonging.
Activity: 635
Merit: 500
BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding
if it was possible bitcoin price was possible to be less then current price as it reduce the cost of bitcoin mining
also i was having extra bucks in my pocket because i don't need to pay for bills then
Activity: 406
AltoCenter.com
Tesla coils could solve 99% of the world's problems.

Only if the solution was electrocuting 99% of retarded people such as yourself.

How does this solve any problems

I built one when I was 12 out of an old TV transformer, besides throwing an extremely low current arc, what good is it?

That's quite an amazing creation.
Activity: 308

Only if the solution was electrocuting 99% of retarded people such as yourself.

How does this solve any problems

I built one when I was 12 out of an old TV transformer, besides throwing an extremely low current arc, what good is it?

Here, build one, solve the worlds problems.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
I don't see how free energy could solve 99% of the world's problems. Human nature is the root of all problems.
On a different note, there is a solar panel at my parents house that my dad installed more than 20 years ago. To this day, it still provides hot water without fail everyday (except when it's cold with no sun for extended periods of time).
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
if there was a free energy source mining would have been much more profitable/easier. Gulf and petrol producing countries would be in a big disadvantage though.
Maybe. Free energy... .... Is heat considered free energy? -Anyway, we'd be able to mine far, far, far deeper than we can now (probably split the Earth apart), and with unlimited fuel (and unlimited fuel means practically unlimited labor), we'd probably get off this rock and onto many others - or stay in space and have drones bring us whatever we'd like. Time on Earth with unlimited energy would be pretty quick, I'd guess. Either we all die are we rapidly advance to some type of super-race floating in space and having drones fly into the sun... would be interesting to see what happens with suicide rates when we practically have everything.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
For that matter, that superpower country was also not under control or threat of oil and energy companies, and had a huge incentive to invent a free energy or overunity device to bring down American oil empire. How come they failed despite decades of trying?

Maybe there are some who were able to replicate it, but those guys in the higher ups manage to suppress their inventions/innovations by financial threats, harm to their families or by any other means necessary. If J.P. Morgan was able to do it why is it not possible now since there are a lot of companies that will be gravely affected by it?

Why would Soviet Union leaders suppress it, for 70 straight years, when they can use it to brag about the superiority of their engineers, bring down US oil empire, and become the dominant energy producer in the world? They didn't care about financial stuff of capitalism.

Because in any country such as Russia, greed and corruption also exist.

Russia's corruption was communist corruption, not capitalist, based on national pride and bragging rights. Plus such an energy device would have made the Soviet army unstoppable. So that's not a good reason.

the only point im trying to make is that there is bunch of scientists proving time and time again that einstein theory dont work 100%.

Of course! New theories come in to fix or replace old ones. Newton's theories were shows to not be 100% accurate by Einstein's relativity theories, and later Einstein's theories were shown to not be 100% accurate by new quantum theories. Hawking is proving more and more older theories to be incorrect too. Science isn't a bunch of laws, its an evolving understanding.
Pages:
Jump to: