Pages:
Author

Topic: I know there is no such thing as 'free energy' but what if it was possible? - page 7. (Read 18340 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Man is King!

I watched this documentary about a European engineer (I think Romanian) who invented an electrical generator, that uses the Earth graviational field to produce 200W of electricity. All materials used were basic - rotors, weights, dynamos etc.

This is called a dam.  Tongue

No. A dam uses water, not gravity and costs billions. This thing you can make yourself and uses no external fuel or another costly force to run. But it's not surprising that there is lack of funding for this kind of inventions.

You can make a cheaper dam for 200W output, and if the dam's not using gravity then the water wouldn't be there right? I was thinking the dam uses earth .. now you got me confused.

Not me. There is this guy from romania. He was in the DW news in October. And he made sort of a dynamo ran engine, that used weights. Weights were welded onto metal bars and they were just "free" spinning, based on Earth's magnetic field, creating electrical energy using magnets. Nothing else. And it's an early stage of development.

Here is another invention, that might give you more perspective - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUOnYxRcDHU. A Bulgarian guy that lives in Utah.

There is such thing as free energy. It's what drives universe. And people have nothing to do with it. We just have to learn how to master it.

Activity: 572
Merit: 500

I watched this documentary about a European engineer (I think Romanian) who invented an electrical generator, that uses the Earth graviational field to produce 200W of electricity. All materials used were basic - rotors, weights, dynamos etc.

This is called a dam.  Tongue

No. A dam uses water, not gravity and costs billions. This thing you can make yourself and uses no external fuel or another costly force to run. But it's not surprising that there is lack of funding for this kind of inventions.

You can make a cheaper dam for 200W output, and if the dam's not using gravity then the water wouldn't be there right? I was thinking the dam uses earth .. now you got me confused.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
Rudolf Diesel's body was found floating in a river and his invention still required fuel.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

This is called a dam.  Tongue

So why don't you make it yourself?
Man is King!

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Man is King!
I know this is a science forum and not a forum for conspiracy theorists but I have always been intrigued by the idea of a world where everyone has access to 'free' energy. What impact would it have on the world? Would it solve 99 per cent of all problems?

Actually, you know shit. Energy in the Universe does not evaporate. It goes from one form to another. The fact that we (humans) don't know how to use the infinite energy of the Universe, doesn't mean that there won't be a way for us to USE (not manufacture) free energy.

What you also need to know is that Tesla invented back in the 1900s a method of wireless electricity transmission. His main financier, however was one of the biggest producers of copper wiring and he stopped his funding.

Of course when there is a matter over trillions of dollars rich people wouldn't just go with new methods of free energy. That would ruin everything for them. In 100 years they will probably "invent" (consider pull ot of a safe) a new way for free energy, but they will still sell it to people, just for 10 times lesser amounts of money than now.

If anyone could produce, sell and distribute their own energy, then the center of power would shift. And power is more addictive than any drug, or money.
legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
We have gobs of free energy, from the gravity containment hydrogen fusion reactor in the center of our solar system to the molten core of our planet.  Channeling and directing that energy into useful work is where you incur cost.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
In holiday we trust
Free energy will never exist just like the never ending light bulb because there's no money to be made that way.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Free Energy is possible, has been achieved before and will again. Look into how your meter on your house is constructed. Then go find out how much energy is created for your region. Then go find how much energy is consumed by your region.
You will find that 'free energy' is alive and well for the power companies.
We need to make it available to all

Tewari has a very interesting way of going about it by skipping Lenz Law(?)
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
They won't find the aether until they can start detecting at least the 6th dimension. To do this, they will have to pick up dimensional vibrations. The reason is that it is the aether that holds all the parallel universes in the exact same places that the others exist in. It is the dimensional vibrations that keep the universes separate except at the few crossover, vibrational ripple cross points, points that make the "materials" of other of the parallel universes.

Smiley
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
the universe will explode
Activity: 144
Michelson never said that the aether does not exist. He said that it is not static.
legendary
There was never a time everybody believed the Earth was flat, ever.

Perhaps you should tell Wikipedia that. And historians studying ancient Greece, India, and China. That whole "earth is a disk on the backs of three elephants, who are on the back of a turtle" wasn't just some recently made up joke made to poke fun of stupid people.

Finally, the M&M experiment (the erroneous attempt at detecting the æther) has been debunked.

Yep. They thought they proved existence of aether, but their method was flaws and not very precise. Luckily we had plenty of other experiments since then, using much more sensitive and more advanced tools http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelson%E2%80%93Morley_experiment#Subsequent_experiments

Still no aether.

Here, let me spoon feed you some logic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Tnq564LlU

Wow, this guy spends 95% of the time philosophizing, and 5% of the time explaining that the experiment was wrong, because the stone slab that the experiment was performed on is traveling through the aether, and thus would be affected by it. But then we have two outcomes:
  • The stone slab, along with lasers, was "squished" in the direction of travel, which we can test for by measuring the length of one of its edges turned into the direction of travel, and turned 90 degrees. Since light speed is a constant, we can use it to make a precise measuring tool of fixed length that doesn't change based on whether it's traveling into aether, or parallel to it, just by timing the photon as it exists a laser and returns back after hitting a mirror. Since there's no squish effects like that in the universe, there is no aether.
  • Since aether squishes everything equally in the direction things travel through, and it's impossible to detect it due to that, then aether has no measurable effect on our universe, at least not one we can detect with any of our tools, instruments, or experiments. If aether has no measurable effect, then it's a concept no more useful to physics than god.

The description of æther as "material" is misleading as matter emerges from the æther. Big E exploited this fact to proclaim there is no æther. And it's gone.... Then frame-dragging was proven (Gravity Probe B) and big E's ætherless relativity is proclaimed as fact. Confirmation of the æther is being twisted to make the statement that æther doesn't exist here. What better way to hide the 5th element from the slaves and peons who might use it to escape this fucking draconian system.
legendary
There was never a time everybody believed the Earth was flat, ever.

Perhaps you should tell Wikipedia that. And historians studying ancient Greece, India, and China. That whole "earth is a disk on the backs of three elephants, who are on the back of a turtle" wasn't just some recently made up joke made to poke fun of stupid people.

Finally, the M&M experiment (the erroneous attempt at detecting the æther) has been debunked.

Yep. They thought they proved existence of aether, but their method was flaws and not very precise. Luckily we had plenty of other experiments since then, using much more sensitive and more advanced tools http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelson%E2%80%93Morley_experiment#Subsequent_experiments

Still no aether.

Here, let me spoon feed you some logic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Tnq564LlU

Wow, this guy spends 95% of the time philosophizing, and 5% of the time explaining that the experiment was wrong, because the stone slab that the experiment was performed on is traveling through the aether, and thus would be affected by it. But then we have two outcomes:
  • The stone slab, along with lasers, was "squished" in the direction of travel, which we can test for by measuring the length of one of its edges turned into the direction of travel, and turned 90 degrees. Since light speed is a constant, we can use it to make a precise measuring tool of fixed length that doesn't change based on whether it's traveling into aether, or parallel to it, just by timing the photon as it exists a laser and returns back after hitting a mirror. Since there's no squish effects like that in the universe, there is no aether.
  • Since aether squishes everything equally in the direction things travel through, and it's impossible to detect it due to that, then aether has no measurable effect on our universe, at least not one we can detect with any of our tools, instruments, or experiments. If aether has no measurable effect, then it's a concept no more useful to physics than god.
legendary

Cite your source, a peer reviewed one, with a detailed methodology so I can replicate it.

The result of their experiment were predetermined to be negative and they build a logically flawed experiment to support it. I'm calling them out as establishment frauds!

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Cite your source, a peer reviewed one, with a detailed methodology so I can replicate it.
legendary
Belief is not faith. It's just something that someone believes is true based on what they know. So I wasn't implying religion.
Everybody believed the earth was flat at some point, because otherwise "things would fall off the bottom of it." I wasn't walking about recently.
"We" as in "the human race and all our combined knowledge." We can't figure out why light is both a wave and a particle, but that doesn't matter, because light being able to travel like a particle makes aether not real. Or at least not necessary to exist for the rest of physics to work. Energy can travel without a need for some medium, like aether, to travel through.
Example is Tesla's famous giant free energy tower. That never worked, and theoretically has no reason to.

Light particle is not aether. It's a particle in a point in space, while aether was thought to be something that exists everywhere. In your analogy, aether would be the water, while light would be a wave in that water, where the wave needs the water to travel, but turns out light is like a thrown rock. Sure, it can travel through water, but it doesn't need it to be able to travel.
Scientists performed many experiments to detect aether, including testing for effects of earth moving through it. Theoretically there would be resistance in the direction we are traveling, and extra speed in the opposite direction where we are leaving aether behind. Nothing like that was detecting, suggesting complete vacuum and lack of aether.

There was never a time everybody believed the Earth was flat, ever. People aren't stupid and they only reason somebody proclaimed the flat-earth establishment view back then was for fear of persecution.

I have no problem explaining how light appears to have both wave and particle-like properties as I'm not a card carrying member of "we".

Tesla's tower was a giant Tesla coil and I'm sure that works as advertised.

legendary
Belief is not faith. It's just something that someone believes is true based on what they know. So I wasn't implying religion.
Everybody believed the earth was flat at some point, because otherwise "things would fall off the bottom of it." I wasn't walking about recently.
"We" as in "the human race and all our combined knowledge."
We can't figure out why light is both a wave and a particle, but that doesn't matter, because light being able to travel like a particle makes aether not real. Or at least not necessary to exist for the rest of physics to work. Energy can travel without a need for some medium, like aether, to travel through.
Example is Tesla's famous giant free energy tower. That never worked, and theoretically has no reason to.

Light particle is not aether. It's a particle in a point in space, while aether was thought to be something that exists everywhere. In your analogy, aether would be the water, while light would be a wave in that water, where the wave needs the water to travel, but turns out light is like a thrown rock. Sure, it can travel through water, but it doesn't need it to be able to travel.
Scientists performed many experiments to detect aether, including testing for effects of earth moving through it. Theoretically there would be resistance in the direction we are traveling, and extra speed in the opposite direction where we are leaving aether behind. Nothing like that was detected, suggesting complete vacuum and lack of aether.
Activity: 144
Of course light is a particle and wave. The particle is the aether. It is a wave of the aether, like the wave of the sea.
Pages:
Jump to: