Pages:
Author

Topic: IN STOCK - OneStringMiner boards, up to 39GH/s last ITEMS: from US$15...FUN!!! - page 3. (Read 38740 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
Also Ben I have to disagree with you that BFGMiner has a small user base.  I have found it is nearly half.  Many of the new devices that come out are also using old forked versions of cgminer not the newest versions as well giving a misconception about usage.
I meant a small user base amongst the OneStringMiner users.
From the readme.asic file

In latest git

ONESTRINGMINER
--------------

OneStringMiner boards use the bifury driver. Miners using earlier boards may
need to workaround bugs in the firmware:
    bfgminer --set bifury:chips=15 --set bifury:free_after_job=no
If you have different devices using the bifury driver, see the section on
Hex*Fury for applying workarounds per-device.

I tried those --set options, no difference.
What was the command line you used Ben?
At first just two -o -u -p pairs, then I added the options you mention which didn't make much change.
It could be because I am using a newer (never released) version of the firmware.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
This is what I am using and not having problems with.  I actually did not do my serial connection testing because because BFG has been working great with the OneString using these arguments.

Also Ben I have to disagree with you that BFGMiner has a small user base.  I have found it is nearly half.  Many of the new devices that come out are also using old forked versions of cgminer not the newest versions as well giving a misconception about usage.

In latest git

ONESTRINGMINER
--------------

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

In latest git

ONESTRINGMINER
--------------

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
ok, i read the new commands builted in the new version of bfgminer, the board use the same driver of bifury, in theory it can works with that but i will wait the answer of the developer Wink BenTuras
Small correction, LukeJr is the developer of bfgminer, I am the seller of the OneStringMiner boards.

I tried version 4.0.0 from github, but get Unknown jobid errors and very low hashrate.
I can only advise to use cgminer.
(It is my fault that Luke can't fix this, I need to get in touch with him again).

What was the command line you used Ben?
ok, i read the new commands builted in the new version of bfgminer, the board use the same driver of bifury, in theory it can works with that but i will wait the answer of the developer Wink BenTuras
Small correction, LukeJr is the developer of bfgminer, I am the seller of the OneStringMiner boards.

I tried version 4.0.0 from github, but get Unknown jobid errors and very low hashrate.
I can only advise to use cgminer.
(It is my fault that Luke can't fix this, I need to get in touch with him again).
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
legendary
The newest version of BFGMiner works well with the OneString boards.
There are a couple of commands you can add as well that help out while waiting for the firmware to be developed.
The commands are on GitHub under the notes section.

Ok i understand, but is the DIY1 compatible with BFGminer? I use it because is more stable than cgminer....
The last test I did with Bfgminer is from over a month ago. At that time Bfgminer was not 100% compatible.

LukeJr, the developer of Bfgminer has make some effort to get Bfgminer working correctly with our boards, but it requires a firmware change on our side and I have been too busy to answer him. Also the demand for Bfgminer in combination with our boards is low, so it got on a low priority.
I will download the latest version of Bfgminer and check the current status today and inform you.

Cgminer works best with our board and you can run cgminer and Bfgminer next to each other.

Ok i understand, but is the DIY1 compatible with BFGminer? I use it because is more stable than cgminer....
The last test I did with Bfgminer is from over a month ago. At that time Bfgminer was not 100% compatible.

LukeJr, the developer of Bfgminer has make some effort to get Bfgminer working correctly with our boards, but it requires a firmware change on our side and I have been too busy to answer him. Also the demand for Bfgminer in combination with our boards is low, so it got on a low priority.
I will download the latest version of Bfgminer and check the current status today and inform you.

Cgminer works best with our board and you can run cgminer and Bfgminer next to each other.
I i want to buy one of this boards but i don't know what are real prices 97€?
Did you have some stock? Grin
I live in italy, if is it possible, can you expain prices with VAT of diy1 and 2?
Hi BFL87,
The price for a single board, without heat sink, usb cable and all other items is indeed €97, excluding shipment.
I have stock available of all items.
Have a look at the pictures in the first message in this thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5457850
Picture one shows a bare board, this is what you get for €97.
Picture two shows a DIY1 kit, this is what you get for €148.
DIY2 is twice the contents of DIY1, but not 2 small heatsinks, but one big heat sink.
If you want to order or know the shipment cost, send an email to [email protected] with your address and I will reply with shipment price.
I i want to buy one of this boards but i don't know what are real prices 97€?
Did you have some stock? Grin
I live in italy, if is it possible, can you expain prices with VAT of diy1 and 2?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Since it has been a while, I updated the prices:

The prices as of May 17th, excluding shipment:
Product   #boards   GH/s   outside EU price in $   price including VAT inside EU   price excluding VAT for business owners
DIY   1   25+   $109.95   €97.15   €80.29
DIY0   1   25+   $142.61   €134.48   €111.14
DIY1   1   30+   $152.19   €148.49   €122.72
DIY2   2   60+   $301.73   €283.55   €234.34

OP is also updated with these latest prices.
I just posted a new version of cgminer, 4.3.3, which has a fix for a huge memory leak which has always been there with the driver for this particular hardware, along with support for the experimental firmware which discretely recognises these devices as OSM. All users mining with this hardware on cgminer are urged to upgrade.
Thanks Con Smiley
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
I just posted a new version of cgminer, 4.3.3, which has a fix for a huge memory leak which has always been there with the driver for this particular hardware, along with support for the experimental firmware which discretely recognises these devices as OSM. All users mining with this hardware on cgminer are urged to upgrade.
Do you think I should try it out on my boards and give you the results?
Thanks for the offer. You'll need to get cgminer from the github and compile it. Then download the serial firmware, apply it to all boards, make a serial loop cable, get 5 jumpers to short the SERIAL pins on each board and start cgminer. Let me know which step needs additional info.
Hopefully you can figure out BFG support I will keep being patient.   Smiley
Thanks.
legendary
Thanks for the update.
That is a bummer on the serial connection for the boards.
Do you think I should try it out on my boards and give you the results?
I can do that if that would help?
I have 5 boards to string together.

Hopefully you can figure out BFG support I will keep being patient.   Smiley

Thanks again.

Has there been any progress on the new Firmware so they can work with BFGMiner?  
Luke has said that is all that is left to be done.
I know Ben you have been working hard on that and the serial interface tweaks so it will run well from a single USB cable.

After lengthy testing we now know that not all boards will run OK over the serial connection. There is a hardware issue that is causing communication errors on some boards when the serial connection is used. This is not an issue when the boards are used over USB.
And if a stack runs OK with the serial connection, the total hashrate will most likely not be higher than an USB connected stack.
I did manage to get up to 500GH/s for a 16 board tower, but only after replacing suboptimal boards.
That same stack went up to 507GH/s when connected over USB, but that might have been a matter of luck.

I am currently testing a stack that consists of boards that have been modified by hand.

Regarding Bfgminer, Luke is waiting on me for a version of the firmware that includes the number of chips in the answer that the board gives on the version question send by Bfgminer. I am not sure why, but it seems that the boards are not answering, or I am doing something wrong. I am still investigating.

Pages:
Jump to: