Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon releases A9 Zmaster 50ksol/s Equihash miner at 620W - page 53. (Read 45436 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Monster hash rate hitting this algo is going to push the devs to fork.  This is really bad news and looks like it could very well be a repeat of the X11 fiasco which I am still feeling the sting from.

It looks like Inno is going to deliver the more efficient rig here, but Bitmain will just slam the price through the floor and that will be the end of the story. 

Was thinking the same thing, some if not most devs will fork, and the remaining will be asic'ed to death.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
Monster hash rate hitting this algo is going to push the devs to fork.  This is really bad news and looks like it could very well be a repeat of the X11 fiasco which I am still feeling the sting from.

It looks like Inno is going to deliver the more efficient rig here, but Bitmain will just slam the price through the floor and that will be the end of the story. 
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
As someone who bought 10 first batch z9 mini's Sad

hoping I can atleast ROI on all of them before the equihash networks get REKT... but still not marked as shipped

I would not hold my breath hoping for it to happen. Never buy Asic's, they are a curse.

Totally agreed. Risked it myself few times and paid off. A3 @$400 a day for 10 days and still sold the machine for more than I purchased it for.
Hopefully, A9 Zmaster does the same. Always the first batch, the rest is a joke.
Still loving my GPU farm after so many years.
Activity: 14
There is no MOQ now...

Yes. Just ordered one. And hope I can make some money b4 the fork. Sure it will become an heater soon after Z9 becomes one. Grin
Activity: 3
There is no MOQ now...

hoping I can atleast ROI on all of them before the equihash networks get REKT... but still not marked as shipped

I would not hold my breath hoping for it to happen. Never buy Asic's, they are a curse.
Activity: 145
Merit: 11

At that price you will be hard set to make any profits, you may end up with a loss.
Activity: 1
Where does it say 100 order minimum?
Now i know why Bitmain reduced price Z3mini to $850 + drop coupons. This is the reason behind the price drop.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
We didn't see a 100 MOQ either on their announcement. Regardless we have this listed for single unit and 100 unit group buys. We'll know more once they list for sales on their own actual website. But knowing how they gouge on shipping and poor pricing structure to market they'll probably just mine on these themselves for awhile.
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
Where did you read info about MOQ 100 units? I did not find this information on Innosilicon web. There is only info about MOQ for much cheaper T2 miners.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
The funniest part of the description:

"Innosilicon A9 ZMaster offers fantastic mining experience for all to protect the network against the potential 51% attack from the elusive GPUs and hash monopoly"
Activity: 236
Oh wow. Thats great performance. To bad about that 100pcs minimum order

So I have to buy the Bitmain z9.
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
Its funny how all of a sudden these ASICs come out right before some hard-forks are mentioned.

Wonder how long these ASICs would of been mining if it wasn't for the hard-fork algo change risks and the 51% attacks that were happening.

No idea why these people performed those 51% attacks, basically it makes an algo change a given considering the huge GPU to ASIC hashrate difference ratio.
Probably from January because at that time difficulty started going up only even though price/earnings from mining zec started going down and always low(except last month pump for few days)
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Its funny how all of a sudden these ASICs come out right before some hard-forks are mentioned.

Wonder how long these ASICs would of been mining if it wasn't for the hard-fork algo change risks and the 51% attacks that were happening.

No idea why these people performed those 51% attacks, basically it makes an algo change a given considering the huge GPU to ASIC hashrate difference ratio.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
be careful if you want buy this because asicminer make same asic and 2 company delivered in july so you can make 40 dollars per day when receveid asic . make your money in bitcoin are better to buy this
https://asicminer.co/shop/asicminer-equihash

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! That thing is a SCAM!! Unicorn! Go ahead. Send them your money. I'd prefer you send it to me. I won't send you anything in return. So the outcome will be the same. ( I suspect this guy is one of the scammers from that fictitious company )

you drank ? because I explain that precisely it is a bad investment
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
http://www.innosilicon.com/html/news/26.html

$10k price with a MOQ of 100 units:\

People complain about bitmain controlling the markets, but its because other companies make their asics for big companies and don't offer to the everyday miner that the situation is what it is.

After the way Inno handled the D9 and seeing how they destroyed that network - there's absolutely NO way i'd be throwing 10k at this miner.

Within 90 days it'll make $20-30 per day, the Z9 mini will make $4-5. The cost of the A9 will go from $10,000 to $6500 to $3000 within a matter of 4-6 months. Equihash is being mined behind the scenes with these ASIC's just like Decred and Sia - the only difference is that Decred was openly ASIC friendly.

Let's take it a step further and be super optimistic about the state of the market.

Day 1-45 - Let's say by the time you receive your A9 it's making $100 per day for the first 45 days (which it wont.) You've now made back $4,500 not including your cost of operations. So, realistically - you've made about 4k.
Day 45-60 - Your A9 is running, but Inno and Bitmain are steadily pumping out other batches of your ASIC so your at $60 per day now. Not a bad profit - but you're now making $900 over this time frame and your cost of ownership really makes that about $750. At this point you're at a 52% ROI.
Day 60-90 - Your A9 is now one of 3 batches, across 3 companies (Inno, Bitmain, ASICminer) + GPU. It's had some ups and downs, but if you average it out you'll be around $20-30 per day. You've made another $750, but it's really $500 after cost of ownership.

Within 90 days you're at about 5.4k or 54% of your initial investment and it's only going down lower and lower.

Your cost of ownership remains a fixed cost. You don't know how long this thing will last before it dies. At this rate you'll be mining for at least 1.5 years to break even. If you ever break even.

This is the "real" experience of mining.
Excellent breakdown. I personally feel you were too kind in your profit estimates. I suspect they will be much lower. Mining is now like every other business. If you're not on the inside loop, you're just fodder for the big money bastards. I wouldn't buy anything from Inno. Total scumbags.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
be careful if you want buy this because asicminer make same asic and 2 company delivered in july so you can make 40 dollars per day when receveid asic . make your money in bitcoin are better to buy this
https://asicminer.co/shop/asicminer-equihash

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! That thing is a SCAM!! Unicorn! Go ahead. Send them your money. I'd prefer you send it to me. I won't send you anything in return. So the outcome will be the same. ( I suspect this guy is one of the scammers from that fictitious company )
Activity: 40
Merit: 5
http://www.innosilicon.com/html/news/26.html

$10k price with a MOQ of 100 units:\

People complain about bitmain controlling the markets, but its because other companies make their asics for big companies and don't offer to the everyday miner that the situation is what it is.

After the way Inno handled the D9 and seeing how they destroyed that network - there's absolutely NO way i'd be throwing 10k at this miner.

Within 90 days it'll make $20-30 per day, the Z9 mini will make $4-5. The cost of the A9 will go from $10,000 to $6500 to $3000 within a matter of 4-6 months. Equihash is being mined behind the scenes with these ASIC's just like Decred and Sia - the only difference is that Decred was openly ASIC friendly.

Let's take it a step further and be super optimistic about the state of the market.

Day 1-45 - Let's say by the time you receive your A9 it's making $100 per day for the first 45 days (which it wont.) You've now made back $4,500 not including your cost of operations. So, realistically - you've made about 4k.
Day 45-60 - Your A9 is running, but Inno and Bitmain are steadily pumping out other batches of your ASIC so your at $60 per day now. Not a bad profit - but you're now making $900 over this time frame and your cost of ownership really makes that about $750. At this point you're at a 52% ROI.
Day 60-90 - Your A9 is now one of 3 batches, across 3 companies (Inno, Bitmain, ASICminer) + GPU. It's had some ups and downs, but if you average it out you'll be around $20-30 per day. You've made another $750, but it's really $500 after cost of ownership.

Within 90 days you're at about 5.4k or 54% of your initial investment and it's only going down lower and lower.

Your cost of ownership remains a fixed cost. You don't know how long this thing will last before it dies. At this rate you'll be mining for at least 1.5 years to break even. If you ever break even.

This is the "real" experience of mining.
Pages:
Jump to: