Pages:
Author

Topic: Innosilicon releases A9 Zmaster 50ksol/s Equihash miner at 620W - page 54. (Read 45436 times)

Activity: 311
Merit: 69
PowerMining.pw
Second batch will probably allow smaller orders i guess.
Activity: 311
Merit: 69
PowerMining.pw
Oh wow. Thats great performance. To bad about that 100pcs minimum order
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
be careful if you want buy this because asicminer make same asic and 2 company delivered in july so you can make 40 dollars per day when receveid asic . make your money in bitcoin are better to buy this
https://asicminer.co/shop/asicminer-equihash
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
So 100 units MOQ
'the first 300 batch 1 customers receive free shipping and PSU'

So at least 30,000 A9 ZMaster shipped by June 25th?
Or do they mean 300? :/

because 30k of them is almost triple the entire nethash of all Equihash coins.
They said customers, so I assume they're talking about the first 30,000 units sold, and the fact that they supposedly have the means to ship at least some units by June 25th on the latest is indeed concerning. Could be a very big spike in Equihash difficulty coming up if these deliver as Innosilicon has promised in their announcement post, and they start shipping on the 10th which is just three days away!

Whether or not they're all going to ship by the 25th is something I also question. The wording is vague, but I assume what they mean is they might order miner purchases into either batch one or two based on when the purchase is made and how many miners are left in the first batch, but I somewhat question this because that would mean the price of $9999 would apply for both batches, and usually the second batch is cheaper than the first.
Activity: 157
Merit: 6
Just imagine for how long those companis were using asics like that and even scarier is to think what their current secret Asic can do while we try to make 1~2 $/Day per 1080Ti after electricity...
Activity: 529
Merit: 29

I suspect he contacted their order support and that was their reply.

The way the press release reads, they are targeting big mines first and "DIY Miners" in Batch 2

Do they mean batch 3?

"Innosilicon will also make its ASICs available for the mining community for miner DIY after batch two sales."

Activity: 325
Merit: 110
So 100 units MOQ
'the first 300 batch 1 customers receive free shipping and PSU'

So at least 30,000 A9 ZMaster shipped by June 25th?
Or do they mean 300? :/

because 30k of them is almost triple the entire nethash of all Equihash coins.
Activity: 952
Merit: 508
batch 1 to batch 1 they are identical price wise for hashrate. Batch 1 of z9 mini was $2k, so if you ordered 1 A9 you'd be paying the same $/sol rate but at a better power ratio and what sounds like an earlier shipping date. So people that manage to get A9's asap will have a nice leg up and the first batch of mini's could very well be shit now.

The 2.5x efficiency gain is very significant when equihash asic mining matures. It's like the Antminer S7 to S9 jump. A little sad as a Z9 buyer.

It will be interesting how inno prices their batch 2. You could get $400 coupons for $200, which makes Z9 batch 2 $650.

Btw where does it state an MOQ of 100?

I suspect he contacted their order support and that was their reply.

The way the press release reads, they are targeting big mines first and "DIY Miners" in Batch 2
Activity: 610
Merit: 265
batch 1 to batch 1 they are identical price wise for hashrate. Batch 1 of z9 mini was $2k, so if you ordered 1 A9 you'd be paying the same $/sol rate but at a better power ratio and what sounds like an earlier shipping date. So people that manage to get A9's asap will have a nice leg up and the first batch of mini's could very well be shit now.

The 2.5x efficiency gain is very significant when equihash asic mining matures. It's like the Antminer S7 to S9 jump. A little sad as a Z9 buyer.

It will be interesting how inno prices their batch 2. You could get $400 coupons for $200, which makes Z9 batch 2 $650.

Btw where does it state an MOQ of 100?
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
Any ideas how much units they can produce at first batch? If they get over 300 customers with 100 Units it must be over 30 K.
Activity: 557
Merit: 5
You are right, i was refering to the current Z9 price which is not accurate for this comparison
Activity: 289
Merit: 107
However in term of current revenue/investment  bitmain Z9 mini is far more profitable right now.
You can buy 12 Z9 for one A9 but at an horrible efficiency (620w vs 3192w) and get 12ksol vs 50ksol
How long will it take to overcome the increased difficulty is the main question for investors.
I doubt they beat them.  For sure Bitmain has these too and will release now in singles to the masses to crush Inno

I know they have them, I quoted Jihan Wu over on the Z9 Mini thread, he referenced the "Z9" (not mini) as being 3x-4x the hashrate of the Z9 Mini

Saw this a few days ago and well among the obvious (difficulty) I suspect this is also why the price drop.

While speaking in reference to the "Z9 Big/Full" hashrate as compared to the Z9 Mini -- the Full Size Z9 is estimated to 3x-4x the hashrate of the mini

Link to tweet https://twitter.com/JihanWu/status/1002814753469706245

Just like the L3 (mini) and the L3+ I suspect the big version is on the horizon soon and the mini's need to be sold first.

Bitmain however was trying to capitalize on the Mini train before releasing their full sized miner

So Inno is going to be first to market with full size it looks like, I expect this will fast track a response from Bitmain.
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
I doubt they beat them.  For sure Bitmain has these too and will release now in singles to the masses to crush Inno
Innosilicon A9 ZMaster offers fantastic mining experience for all to protect the network against the potential 51% attack from the elusive GPUs and hash monopoly. This dedicated hardware has significant lower operating cost, higher ROI and longevity. It has a small form factor, low noise, and extremely stable performance, designed to help network decentralization with renewed energy and interest. Innosilicon will also make its ASICs available for the mining community for miner DIY after batch two sales.

A9 ZMaster is in stock and available now with limited quantities. The sales price is $9999 shipping from Hong Kong starting June 10th based on payment sequence. The 1st 300 batch one customers will receive free shipping and free PSU. Hosting service is optional. Batch one shipment will end on June 25th as long as stock lasts. Batch two shipment starts on August 15th with ASICs offering.

Most people who have ordered their Z9 mini's won't even have them by the time Inno ships these units, should be interesting to see how that plays out now...

I knew something else was coming, surprised Inno beat Bitmain to the punch on this one.

Also the coupons Bitmain is giving to Batch 1 Z9 Mini buyers now are basically worthless.

Activity: 289
Merit: 107
they basically did the price based on bitmains batch 1 price, 5x performance for 5x the price, but they make it so only large companies can get them. I find companies like Inno to be worse than bitmain. Technically anyone can get a bitmain machine from day one, whether its cheap or expensive its open to all. Inno has always put there's behind a huge buy wall that pushes regular miners out which is far worse for mining as a whole than what bitmain does. Just my .02
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
hooray for ASICS...... NOT
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
So comparing this to the Z9 Mini, this does around 5x the hashrate (10k sols vs 50k), and only uses about 2.5x more power (620W vs 266W). That MOQ is definitely too high for regular miners like us on the forums, but perhaps a group buy could be organized for this miner. I just wonder what Bitmain's response to this miner will be- will they go ahead and release the full-size version of the Z9 to keep competitive with specs or will they keep prices the same on the Z9 mini or lower it a bit? I'm personally leaning towards the latter as the MOQ on this miner is just absolutely ridiculous.

On the other hand, does anyone have the sales page to the A9 yet? I looked in the Crypto Mining ASIC tab and only saw the D9 with the number '9', and there wasn't anything listed in the announcement article pertaining to a sales page.

Inno also makes a statement about 'Low Noise' in their announcement page- I wonder how true that is. They probably don't need incredibly high CFM fans like with their BTC miners, especially with a miner that uses just 620W.
http://www.innosilicon.com/html/news/26.html

$10k price with a MOQ of 100 units:\

People complain about bitmain controlling the markets, but its because other companies make their asics for big companies and don't offer to the everyday miner that the situation is what it is.
MOQ 100 units ?
What ?
So your minimum purchase would be $1 Million ?
Damn, they really want to get rid of their units fast before a major fork.
Pages:
Jump to: