Author

Topic: Is now a good time to invest in ICO? - page 106. (Read 11940 times)

Activity: 397
Merit: 250
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 19, 2018, 01:57:15 AM
I think now is the good time to invest in the coins and we cana make more money with them because they will be the good one in the future. The prices are low and id good to buy in more.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
February 19, 2018, 01:50:15 AM
Best time to invest was yesterday. The second best time is today. Do not delay Smiley
What about tomorrow?  Wink
Activity: 42
February 18, 2018, 01:54:28 PM
Definitly! Especially in icos like marinecoin (MTC)!
Great team and awesome generous community with cutting edge technology!
The best part is they're currently hosting their free ico at https://marineco.in/ico where
you can get 450.000 MTC!
Welcome to the community
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
February 18, 2018, 12:39:09 PM
If the ICO began before the big fall, and the price of tokens is fixed in the ETH, now it's very profitable to take part in such ICO. It turns out that you invest as if your ETH did not lose in price at all.
Right. Most of the ICOs that started when Ethereum was at the peak and I have listed down to be a part of, now is just like a sweet moment for me to buy them now, however, because of the volatility in Ethereum value and cryptocurrency in general, most of them are now learning to tag the ICO in USD rather than a fixed ETH value. So at the end, waiting for a lower value of Ethereum may not even work, unless you just buy now and hope Ethereum climbs a little bit up before the ICO ends.

The fundraisers are finally realizing that the volatility of cryptocurrencies is very extreme (signs of early adoption). They could lose $100,000s in a matter of hours if they don't practice risk management. That's why they are moving towards fiat value based pricing.
But don't you think that is very hypocritical from them, we are in crypto and the main unit of account is bitcoin followed by Ethereum and they do not want to price their tokens against those two crypto but against the dollar, then this show to us they only care about the money, if I see an ico doing that I will avoid investing in it and if asked I will recommend other people to do the same.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
February 18, 2018, 09:49:54 AM
Best time to invest was yesterday. The second best time is today. Do not delay Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
February 18, 2018, 09:49:07 AM
I've been searching for ICOs for a few days and there seems to be many cases of scams and hacks which kinda scares me. Obviously, there is no 100% certainty which is going to be a successful one but is there any way to identify which ones are at least going in the right direction? The first one I looked at was Mossland's Whitepaper and they seemed good with solid community. Or should I just buy BTC or ETH? Any suggestions and ideas would be very helpful!
Investing in ICOs could be profitable but the risk is too high. You should not invest in a certain ICOs without your proper research about their projects, who the devs are and their advisers. It's up to you if you want to gamble your funds into ICOs as what you had said there is no assurance to be successful.
You should focus your investments in BTC and ETH for these you are sure for your profits. Although, the profits is not that exponential as in ICO.
Good Luck
Activity: 209
Merit: 10
February 17, 2018, 01:00:36 PM
i think you to scared. there is some new ICO so promising and not scam even they success right now. maybe many scam show up with new ICO. but you just need to see what project is that. even you need to ask some body with they experience.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
February 17, 2018, 12:46:22 PM
As many people say, I think that time is always right for investment, while in general the ICO process works, because soon states can ban such processes or tax them. Here in this case it will be no longer profitable
Activity: 434
February 17, 2018, 12:40:55 PM
The best time was in December last year, with a very high success rate of ICOs. You could basically go into most ICOs and come out on top. Nowadays its certainly a lot of more risky, not to mention very difficult to buy in at all, even if you're whitelisted.
But with the market recovering slowly now, things are starting to pick up again already. just make sure to do your research Smiley
its TIME to BUY,
maybe this is the right time to become an ICO participant,
because the price is now fairly cheap for ethereum, so you can get profit many times
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
February 17, 2018, 12:37:54 PM
I've been searching for ICOs for a few days and there seems to be many cases of scams and hacks which kinda scares me. Obviously, there is no 100% certainty which is going to be a successful one but is there any way to identify which ones are at least going in the right direction? I looked at Mossland's Whitepaper and they seem ok. Or should I just buy BTC or ETH? Suggestions and ideas would be very helpful!

Investing in ICO is a good idea. This is one way to make a profit. Choosing a good project is not easy, but daily trading is just as difficult. The simplest option is to invest in coins that have already shown themselves well and have ambitious plans. There are a lot of such projects.
There are a lot of coins out there, but good projects are few, most of the altcoins are just a way to speculate and nothing more, the good projects give you profits not only in the short term but in the long term as well but in order to find them you will need to go through many icos and read many websites and whitepapers and this can get exhausting after a while.
Activity: 68
February 16, 2018, 10:03:17 AM
I've been searching for ICOs for a few days and there seems to be many cases of scams and hacks which kinda scares me. Obviously, there is no 100% certainty which is going to be a successful one but is there any way to identify which ones are at least going in the right direction? The first one I looked at was Mossland's Whitepaper and they seemed good with solid community. Or should I just buy BTC or ETH? Any suggestions and ideas would be very helpful!

It is the right time to invest & hold

just for your info... Litecoin Cash Forecast: 7 Facts to Know Before the Split   

you can read here... https://www.profitconfidential.com/cryptocurrency/litecoin-cash/ltc-cash-forecast-7-facts-know-split/?utm_source=rp.bitcointalk
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
February 16, 2018, 10:01:06 AM
The ICOs market experienced a massive boom in 2017. Prices have recently been in decline but today they are starting to grow, so now is a good time to invest but the main thing is to find a good project.
Activity: 364
February 16, 2018, 09:49:15 AM
Now there is a peak of popularity of investing in projects, ICO. Now everyone has a good chance of making a profit
Activity: 700
Merit: 56
February 16, 2018, 09:13:22 AM
ICO always earns money. But your choice is very important. You should investigate the project well. You have to trust. Investing in a bad project is to throw away the money.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
February 16, 2018, 09:10:19 AM
As for the ICO, household logic suggests that in a wild market where there are no rules and protection of investors' rights, an unqualified party is much easier to lose money than to make money. So, before investing in another brilliant project, you need to think carefully: is the risk premium worth?  Huh
Activity: 350
Merit: 36
February 16, 2018, 08:50:58 AM
oh forgot to mention, u shd likely also attempt to read thru the token sale paper + the whitepaper. Dun need to labour over it line by line, if u're not into that kind of stuff, and if u're not investing large sums. But be sure to check whether the jurisdiction u're in is allowed to participate, how much money they're colllecting in all (i.e., max mktcap, and whether the project is really worth that much), and what's their roadmap or fund usage avenues.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
February 16, 2018, 08:48:39 AM
Since ICOs are the origin of cryptocurrencies/tokens, I personally consider them to be a potential good investment since prices at at their best if the ICO becomes successful. Nevertheless, since there are so many ICOs, it is best to invest time into studying those that have most potential and cross-referencing reviews on them.

In addition, you need to consider that it is not a short-term investment unless you plan on dumping your stakes as soon as they hit an exchange (but if you do you'll miss out the best if ICO becomes successful).
Activity: 350
Merit: 36
February 16, 2018, 08:48:28 AM
as good a time as any i think, low-cap icos with solid fundamentals will likely do quite well in 2018, but be careful if u're just there for the flip. Also be sure to do your own due diligence, including checking the teams' linked profiles (or even msging them), joining the telegram and reddit to gauge investor sentiments and check for any bs replies by the team, checking on partnerships listed, making sure u always contribute according to the stated guidelines (and not on fake website, not giving money to random 'admins' who pm u anywhere) etc. etc.

Then u shd be fine:)
Activity: 143
Merit: 1
February 16, 2018, 08:48:00 AM
The best time was in December last year, with a very high success rate of ICOs. You could basically go into most ICOs and come out on top. Nowadays its certainly a lot of more risky, not to mention very difficult to buy in at all, even if you're whitelisted.
But with the market recovering slowly now, things are starting to pick up again already. just make sure to do your research Smiley
Activity: 336
February 16, 2018, 08:45:42 AM
Hello!
I believe that now is a very good time for investments, as at the end of 2017 a large number of promising projects appeared. And to date, even more very large companies want to enter the ICO, so maybe the year 2018 will be filled with very promising ICO!
Good luck to all!
Jump to: