Pages:
Author

Topic: Just got off the phone with Bitmain re next batch of S9 - page 4. (Read 4902 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Whoever has a good escrow solution to offer me. Please call ASAP 4153475970

In case it wasn't clear from my previous messages. My factory is in Shenzhen (China). The units will not be sent to China. The units are sent to a wearhouse operated by the shipping company in HK, however my team and/or I will be there to split the batch and send to everyone directly. If you're in HK, you can come pick up your order directly from there (I provided the address of the wearhouse before).
From HK splitting the batch should take 1 day and shipping time is 4~6 days depending on your location.

We don't have enough units for everyone even if 50% of the people who signed up end up not ordering.
We will supply larger orders first and work our way down according to order size.

Escrow or no escrow, the units will have to be shipped to the wearhouse via my company, and you'll have to trust that I won't destroy my reputation, my business and risk law suits and physical harm to me and my family for a few computers.

Activity: 10
Maybe I missed it, but is there a cutoff date for to sign up for this? I already signed up. Im just curious because Bitmain is only going to be able to handle so many units for this order plus units they normally sell to other customers. Should this be capped? If were already over 1000 units and Bitmain is still trying to approve 700 units. Is it first come first serve for filling the orders?

List currently is at 1062 and we're still waiting for the approval of 500 or 700 units.
But yeah, a lot of people will probably drop when we get the final confirmation (hopefully next week) send the contract and ask to make the payments within a short period of time.

So list is still open but that doesn't guarantee that we'll have enough miners to cover everyone.

In case we need more miners than Bitmain has available it's "first come first serve"?
Activity: 4
An escrow takes payment and pays bitmain.
The goods are delivered to a courrier warehouse.
The courrier is paid by us directly or the escrow.

Plain and simple.

Exactly so what part does Nimo play in this arrangement? None so then you are back to square one you may as well start a group buy thread yourself?

Then using an escrow company is futile also. You get the payment done and the goods (which honestly after shipping are higher in value than original price) are delivered to an unknown place. The risk is simply too high. Nimo can arrange escrow AND shipping so we are all covered. We pay 50usd per unit x 500 units=25k USD for Nimo to implement the deal this way. If it is not enough (I think it is), we can decide to pay more.
Activity: 697
Merit: 503

Plain and simple.

Exactly so what part does Nimo play in this arrangement? None so then you are back to square one you may as well start a group buy thread yourself?
Activity: 182

Plain and simple.
EDIT: Why shipping costs would be not protected? Nemo's shipping costs would be released from escrow once machines are ordered directly from Bitmain. So everyone would send Bitmain+shipping to HK payment and another one - shipping from HK to your place, all in one payment to escrow agent address.
I'm not talking about the shipping cost but the actual shipping.

Since everyone think it's smart to have 700 miners sent to an unknown location in HK with Nimo arranging the shipping to us.
You are never going to find an escrow company that will handle everyone's bitcoins transaction, payment to Bitmain and then take delivery of the S9's and ship each one out to the group buy members? That defeats the purpose of Nimo even being involved in it.
I proposed to have all units delivered to either DHL or a chinese parcel forwarding company. They make a living out of sending parcels, the escrow wouldn't be involved in the reshipping.

So under your proposal who will be taking payment from group buy members and then paying Bitmain?
EDIT: Why shipping costs would be not protected? Nemo's shipping costs would be released from escrow once machines are ordered directly from Bitmain. So everyone would send Bitmain+shipping to HK payment and another one - shipping from HK to your place, all in one payment to escrow agent address.

Since everyone think it's smart to have 700 miners sent to an unknown location in HK with Nimo arranging the shipping to us.
You are never going to find an escrow company that will handle everyone's bitcoins transaction, payment to Bitmain and then take delivery of the S9's and ship each one out to the group buy members? That defeats the purpose of Nimo even being involved in it.
I proposed to have all units delivered to either DHL or a chinese parcel forwarding company. They make a living out of sending parcels, the escrow wouldn't be involved in the reshipping.

I think as long as the money is escrowed once the actual units are delivered to his factory there is less risk of him stealing the hardware particularly if he is running a legitimate business from there - I'm pretty sure he has already disclosed this location earlier so surely there is someone in China who is buying a couple of units that could go check it out. Besides whoever would escrow it would verify the delivery address directly with Bitmain before sending the funds.

Also there is no chance this group buy has 700 miners that will be paid for I would be surprised if this even goes ahead to be honest.

Activity: 924
Merit: 175
Nemo you said you tried escrow companies and they wouldn't accept the proposition why can't you use a Bitcointalk respected escrow provider and just pay the 1% fee (charge the group members) on top of your $50 handling charge? They would be able to use the funds to pay Bitmain directly and you as well and everybody is happy.

Also it wouldnt hurt it you make a video in your factory or your office talking about this group buy so people can confirm you are the business owner as seen in your other video's?

Absolutely. We can collect all the money to escrow agent address, give timeout maybe a day or two. Once all payments are there (I presume not all of them will be sent), we sum up what's there and escrow agent send ONE payment to Bitmain as required. That way, Nemo have no contact with money directly, and we are protected. It's doable I am sure.
Activity: 924
Merit: 175
As for who am I? Search for my username and you will find it at:
Anadtech = https://www.reddit.com/user/runes911
Reddit = https://www.reddit.com/u/runes911
Heatware = http://www.heatware.com/u/2554
Which is linked to my ebay: https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=runes911
Webhostingtalk = http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=86269

Again, as I said before, I am only new to this forum.

Can you fix Anandtech link?
I had to reduce the amount that I can commit to since the Escrow details have not been settled yet.  Once Escrow details have been settled, then I may be able to bump my # back up.  I suspect you will have many buyers fall off if the Escrow details are not complete.

The questions regarding Nemo's legitimacy wont be important if such as escrow was in place.

Nemo you said you tried escrow companies and they wouldn't accept the proposition why can't you use a Bitcointalk respected escrow provider and just pay the 1% fee (charge the group members) on top of your $50 handling charge? They would be able to use the funds to pay Bitmain directly and you as well and everybody is happy.

Also it wouldnt hurt it you make a video in your factory or your office talking about this group buy so people can confirm you are the business owner as seen in your other video's?
Escrow company will secure payment, not the shipping.
Activity: 266
Merit: 13
Maybe I missed it, but is there a cutoff date for to sign up for this? I already signed up. Im just curious because Bitmain is only going to be able to handle so many units for this order plus units they normally sell to other customers. Should this be capped? If were already over 1000 units and Bitmain is still trying to approve 700 units. Is it first come first serve for filling the orders?

List currently is at 1062 and we're still waiting for the approval of 500 or 700 units.
But yeah, a lot of people will probably drop when we get the final confirmation (hopefully next week) send the contract and ask to make the payments within a short period of time.

So list is still open but that doesn't guarantee that we'll have enough miners to cover everyone.

Ok this is a big undertaking. I hope it goes smoothly for all involved.
Yes, especially since I'm not on the list and I signed up for 5!

I see you on the list for 4.
I had to reduce the amount that I can commit to since the Escrow details have not been settled yet.  Once Escrow details have been settled, then I may be able to bump my # back up.  I suspect you will have many buyers fall off if the Escrow details are not complete.

The questions regarding Nemo's legitimacy wont be important if such as escrow was in place.

Activity: 39

Activity: 262
Merit: 11
<<<-----( )----->>>
I had to reduce the amount that I can commit to since the Escrow details have not been settled yet.  Once Escrow details have been settled, then I may be able to bump my # back up.  I suspect you will have many buyers fall off if the Escrow details are not complete.
Activity: 8
Yes, especially since I'm not on the list and I signed up for 5!
Activity: 24
Its very hard to find trust in Crypto. I for one was caught out with Asiacoin and MintPal back in 2014 and it dissuaded me from trusting the scene completely. Bitcointalk was a very valuable source of help back then and happily this hasn't changed in 3 years. I value the skeptics and the naysayers as their position comes from good and bad experience.

One thing I can say for sure, is that to make profit, you will have take some risk. Mitigating that risk as much is possible is all that can be done. And all I see in this thread is people trying to placate their conscious.

I value the risk that Nemo is taking to bring this mining team together to maximise their investment. Some of us really do deserve a chance.
Pages:
Jump to: