Pages:
Author

Topic: Just got off the phone with Bitmain re next batch of S9 - page 3. (Read 4902 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
To answer the latest comments.
1- I originally asked for 500 and than tried to bump it up to 700. Few days ago the contact in Bitmain said they'll let me know exactly how many units they can let me buy "next week" so I'm hoping for some good news in the next couple of days. Will call them again tomorrow.

2- They say the minimum order for dealers is 200. However, a few forum members contacted me and asked for an intro directly in order to buy 200. I forwarded their email and was told they don't need me to send them any more dealers since the march batch is oversubscribed.

3- The reason for going with large orders first is both logistics and trying to assure this buy actually goes through smoothly. My main objective here is not to make a buck. My highest priority is to make this happen in order to develop long term distribution relationship with bitmain and also be able to buy my own 100 units. We're developing under water data centers in NemoPowerTools and we want to be able to buy large quantities of miners in the future.
I don't want to wait around and jeopardize the entire order because a long list of people who ordered 1 or 2 miners don't pay on time and make us wait until all the funds are collected. I'm assuming that working with a smaller number of parties will make reduce this risk.
However, we still don't know how many miners we'll be able to order, how many people who signed up are actually serious and can act quickly once the purchase contract and payment option is sent to them and so on. So just because you signed up for 1, doesn't necessarily mean we won't be able to accommodate you.

4- We spent countless hours this week talking to and meeting with escrow companies and lawyer offices. We still don't have a good solution for that. Again, if anybody knows an escrow company that is willing to collect the payments and send it to bitmain, please introduce me to them. Otherwise the entity that will collect the payments will be Nemo Power Tools Limited (www.NemoPowerTools.com).

Activity: 1
Nemo,

Count me in as interested.
Activity: 16
bulk starts at 200 units, said the OP.

Thanks - missed that.

As for the hurricane water, do you prefer some water for $10 or no water but priced 10 times cheaper?

You'd fit right in  Grin
Activity: 266
Merit: 13
Well I want them for mining. I only just started out with this and have to take money out of my savings to buy them since I don’t have enough BTC to buy even 1 S9. I have no interest in selling them unless BTC fails and I don’t see that happening anytime soon. I’m not paying these inflated prices on eBay. I need to mine ,return the money to my savings and then work only with my earnings from there.
Activity: 182
For Bitmain, a bulk starts at 200 units, said the OP.

As for the hurricane water, do you prefer some water for $10 or no water but priced 10 times cheaper?
Activity: 16

What is the minimum Bitmain considers a bulk buy? 500 units? 100? Just wondering if it can be done on a smaller scale so not so overwhelming for the buyer/shipper. Over-demand could be handled by a lottery type draw so as not to give favorable treatment to small or large buyers.

Truth be told, many of these will end up on eBay which is fine - profit is profit. But it would be great if those of us who actually want to put these to work at Dustin's or any other host, could get together. I won't lie - I've been tempted to flip some, but I feel (personally) that the prices are just flat out painful on eBay. Reminds me of when we get a hurricane here and people price gouge on generators, fuel, water, etc.... fine if you're selling, but sucks when you're buying!

Nemo, why would you not make it first come, first served?

Because it doesn't make sense for logistics  reasons. Handling big orders means less payments, less shippings and less headaches overall. Not fair to early birds but fair to Nimo. I understand that.

The best solution would be that all the small guys get together and pay an escrow as a man-in-the-middle for this group-buy so Nimo will treat it like one big order and then the escrow will handle the shipping to buyers.

I'm trying to remember the last (no profit to the OP) actual escrow group buy that worked....I think it was 1 year ago (longsnowsm?)

the others either fell thru, or the OP got a windfall in a free unit or two....

afraid, them days are gone

I've asked a few folk making various flavors of Asics....and got no place...such group buys may have gone the way of the dodo Sad

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

Because it doesn't make sense for logistics  reasons. Handling big orders means less payments, less shippings and less headaches overall. Not fair to early birds but fair to Nimo. I understand that.

The best solution would be that all the small guys get together and pay an escrow as a man-in-the-middle for this group-buy so Nimo will treat it like one big order and then the escrow will handle the shipping to buyers.

I'm trying to remember the last (no profit to the OP) actual escrow group buy that worked....I think it was 1 year ago (longsnowsm?)

the others either fell thru, or the OP got a windfall in a free unit or two....

afraid, them days are gone

I've asked a few folk making various flavors of Asics....and got no place...such group buys may have gone the way of the dodo Sad

Activity: 10

Activity: 697
Merit: 503
Nemo what's your timeline for this whole process? It's over a month since your OP and other than collecting the who is interested list it hasnt seem to progressed anywhere?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Nemo, why would you not make it first come, first served? If you're over subscribed then I don't see the need to service the 'big' buys first.

I held off on ordering through other mechanisms as a result of this group buy knowing that my order was on the list before reaching the original cutoff. It's disturbing to hear that the priority is shifting based on order size now.

Along with that...did the OP on this thread ever go with escrow...or is it a direct pay to bitmain based on your group size order......

anyway, thanks...don't remember a clarification for this

Activity: 8
Nemo, why would you not make it first come, first served? If you're over subscribed then I don't see the need to service the 'big' buys first.

I held off on ordering through other mechanisms as a result of this group buy knowing that my order was on the list before reaching the original cutoff. It's disturbing to hear that the priority is shifting based on order size now.

Unless you asked for 50, then you can go home.

Not necessarily. We still don't know how many will drop from the list and how many Bitmain will actually give us. I assume that some of the larger orders will not go through since when we get the details and send all the information and payment details, they may not be able to or not want to act fast enough, and we won't wait too long since i don't want to lose the entire deal.

Maybe it’s a bad idea, but I’ll just throw this out there. You could always limit the quantity per person so everyone gets at least gets something. Limit 20 per person or something like that.  This is the cheapest anyone is going to get an S9 without ordering it directly from Bitmain themselves. I’d rather take a reduced quantity than no quantity.
Activity: 14

Not necessarily. We still don't know how many will drop from the list and how many Bitmain will actually give us. I assume that some of the larger orders will not go through since when we get the details and send all the information and payment details, they may not be able to or not want to act fast enough, and we won't wait too long since i don't want to lose the entire deal.

Just emailed and tried to call.

Activity: 378
Merit: 197
Activity: 19
Wow.
What about the first few people that signed up? The ones that will actually USE the miner and not try to rip people off on eBay?
Yes... I signed up for 1 miner and was in the top 20 that first signed up. Please don't forget about the little guys that helped boost the sign up.
Thank you.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Nimo, I was wondering if you can use well-known forwarding or drop ship services such as https://www.cnstorm.com/ or https://ex.superbuy.com/? I think some of them have warehouses in HK.

Is there a handy URL for the list available?  I signed up using Google forms, but I'm not sure how to check the full list.  A.Delaney PM'ed me, but I'm over my "Newbie" (no pay) limit for the day.
The list is not public since it includes personal email / phone / addresses.

Here is a version with these columns removed:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U1Oo7w4bAYq6ns5Opxjz2NvKMAZVlVGkvA3nJ3YhHHU/edit?usp=sharing

Updated at Jan 12 17:30 PST
People signed up for 1169 miners so far and we're still waiting for a confirmation on whether we can get 500 or 700.

We will start from the larger orders and work our way down the list, so it's likely that if you ordered 1, we won't be able to supply it.
Hoping to hear some good news from bitmain next week.
Activity: 8
Is there a handy URL for the list available?  I signed up using Google forms, but I'm not sure how to check the full list.  A.Delaney PM'ed me, but I'm over my "Newbie" (no pay) limit for the day.
I take it they wouldn’t commit to more than 500 units.
Pages:
Jump to: