Pages:
Author

Topic: Just got off the phone with Bitmain re next batch of S9 - page 2. (Read 4898 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I do understand the rationale of prioritizing large orders to reduce the number of unique participants to fill the order...however, this should've been communicated up front. I've been holding off on ordering through other sources thinking I was good to go by getting in relatively early on in the group buy.

Really?  You ever try to herd cats?  

Would you rather work with / collect money from / get product to 20 people?  or 60 ?  

Which is easier ?

Hats off to Nimo for trying to make this work..

Activity: 8
I do understand the rationale of prioritizing large orders to reduce the number of unique participants to fill the order...however, this should've been communicated up front. I've been holding off on ordering through other sources thinking I was good to go by getting in relatively early on in the group buy.

Activity: 39
just received an email from 'Mitchel' requesting escrow payment referencing 'nemopowertools' S9 group buy.

S9 Unit price (inc. shipping and fees) = 0.1818BTC
Optional PSU per unit = 0.007BTC
I will cover the Escrow fees due.

later in the email it says:
Escrow fee = 0.5% (Payable by nemopowertools)
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A LIMITED QUANITY OF HARDWARE AVAILABLE SO ORDERS ARE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS

I'm trying to buy Qty 2 of the S9's.  I got the impression that us small quantity buyers were at the bottom of the list (least likely to get product).
I thought NemoPowerTools was going to fill largest orders first - not first come first served?

If NemoPowerTools wants us to deal through 'Mitchel' I presume he'd mention it here?

NO
Do not pay anything to anyone who contacts you through the forum saying he represents me.
This is a scam and it's the 2nd time someone is trying to do it.
We still don't have a final confirmation from bitmain. We're talking with them everyday and trying to get the written final confirmation.

I will communicate with the people signed up for the group buy via my email address ([email protected]) or a phone call or publicly in this thread. I will never use private messages on the board.
Activity: 182
Activity: 182
What was today's price?
Activity: 2
I didn't get that email and I added myself to the list about a week ago. 

Nemo, can you check to see if I'm on the list? 

The email I specified would be under my '@mywebgeeks.com' domain.  I'm in Florida.

Also, thanks for putting this together.  Very much appreciated.

John Garcia
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
just received an email from 'Mitchel' requesting escrow payment referencing 'nemopowertools' S9 group buy.

PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A LIMITED QUANITY OF HARDWARE AVAILABLE SO ORDERS ARE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS

I'm trying to buy Qty 2 of the S9's.  I got the impression that us small quantity buyers were at the bottom of the list (least likely to get product).
I thought NemoPowerTools was going to fill largest orders first - not first come first served?

If NemoPowerTools wants us to deal through 'Mitchel' I presume he'd mention it here?

Yes its a scam. The person is trying to imitate "Mitchell" a trusted escrow on this forum
Activity: 86

Activity: 2
Bitmain had a sale today in 2 rounds.  Morning and evening.  Did we get any of those units with this group buy?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
In for 50 if possible.

Is there any EAT by the way?

I have to respect your enthusiasm as a newbie...but has the OP set up escrow or at least like other group buys

direct payment to Bitmain on your share of the orders...

w/o that I'd not touch this..but have seen NO clarification of how this is gonna play out

also with BTC price pump I expect bitmain to sell stuff anyway..they just sold some stuff on 10 day ship notice

L3+'s sold out now ...told by a buddy

expect a fire sale

when crypto dumps bitmain also dumps

when crypto pumps bitmain holds (thus the supposed previous march for L3+'s as an example)

I'd wait, and see equip wise for the other shoe to drop

myself? I'm panic selling some LTC thru coinbase (assuming I can get in) to take care of last years Tax man $

likely selling at the low (it is a gift) and assuming I can get it thru coinbase (an if?)

so kinda not looking at equip of any flavor at this point Smiley

copper member
Activity: 228
Merit: 1
In for 50 if possible.

Is there any EAT by the way?
I'm in for 2.

Read the whole thread - your 2 is out.
Activity: 8
I'm in for 2.
Activity: 30
Activity: 266
Merit: 13
Right, I would need you to invoice my business also so I could write it off as an equipment purchase. Then I would just pay your business no different than I do any of my other suppliers.
To answer the latest comments.
1- I originally asked for 500 and than tried to bump it up to 700. Few days ago the contact in Bitmain said they'll let me know exactly how many units they can let me buy "next week" so I'm hoping for some good news in the next couple of days. Will call them again tomorrow.

2- They say the minimum order for dealers is 200. However, a few forum members contacted me and asked for an intro directly in order to buy 200. I forwarded their email and was told they don't need me to send them any more dealers since the march batch is oversubscribed.

3- The reason for going with large orders first is both logistics and trying to assure this buy actually goes through smoothly. My main objective here is not to make a buck. My highest priority is to make this happen in order to develop long term distribution relationship with bitmain and also be able to buy my own 100 units. We're developing under water data centers in NemoPowerTools and we want to be able to buy large quantities of miners in the future.
I don't want to wait around and jeopardize the entire order because a long list of people who ordered 1 or 2 miners don't pay on time and make us wait until all the funds are collected. I'm assuming that working with a smaller number of parties will make reduce this risk.
However, we still don't know how many miners we'll be able to order, how many people who signed up are actually serious and can act quickly once the purchase contract and payment option is sent to them and so on. So just because you signed up for 1, doesn't necessarily mean we won't be able to accommodate you.

4- We spent countless hours this week talking to and meeting with escrow companies and lawyer offices. We still don't have a good solution for that. Again, if anybody knows an escrow company that is willing to collect the payments and send it to bitmain, please introduce me to them. Otherwise the entity that will collect the payments will be Nemo Power Tools Limited (www.NemoPowerTools.com).

Hey how about your company invoices my machine shop for my 5 and I’ll just pay the invoice. That way I can write this off as a tool purchase. Lol

Of-course there will be an invoice (and a purchase contract). That's the plan even if we find an escrow.
The company is legally required to issue invoices.

So as you are invoicing the group buy members "aka customers" aren't you liable for tax on that?

Yes, but I'm getting an invoice from bitmain for pretty much the same amount, which offsets it. x dollars in, x dollars out profit is 0, hence no tax.
1- I originally asked for 500 and than tried to bump it up to 700. Few days ago the contact in Bitmain said they'll let me know exactly how many units they can let me buy "next week" so I'm hoping for some good news in the next couple of days. Will call them again tomorrow.

2- They say the minimum order for dealers is 200. However, a few forum members contacted me and asked for an intro directly in order to buy 200. I forwarded their email and was told they don't need me to send them any more dealers since the march batch is oversubscribed.

3- The reason for going with large orders first is both logistics and trying to assure this buy actually goes through smoothly. My main objective here is not to make a buck. My highest priority is to make this happen in order to develop long term distribution relationship with bitmain and also be able to buy my own 100 units. We're developing under water data centers in NemoPowerTools and we want to be able to buy large quantities of miners in the future.
I don't want to wait around and jeopardize the entire order because a long list of people who ordered 1 or 2 miners don't pay on time and make us wait until all the funds are collected. I'm assuming that working with a smaller number of parties will make reduce this risk.
However, we still don't know how many miners we'll be able to order, how many people who signed up are actually serious and can act quickly once the purchase contract and payment option is sent to them and so on. So just because you signed up for 1, doesn't necessarily mean we won't be able to accommodate you.

4- We spent countless hours this week talking to and meeting with escrow companies and lawyer offices. We still don't have a good solution for that. Again, if anybody knows an escrow company that is willing to collect the payments and send it to bitmain, please introduce me to them. Otherwise the entity that will collect the payments will be Nemo Power Tools Limited (www.NemoPowerTools.com).

Hey how about your company invoices my machine shop for my 5 and I’ll just pay the invoice. That way I can write this off as a tool purchase. Lol

Of-course there will be an invoice (and a purchase contract). That's the plan even if we find an escrow.

So as you are invoicing the group buy members "aka customers" aren't you liable for tax on that?
Activity: 85

I don't have any issues with this

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

Pages:
Jump to: