Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 112. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 108
January 24, 2018, 02:21:07 AM
According to me, long term thinking in crypto currency always lead to huge profit, i am not against short term, because everyone has different thinking , maybe someone think long term and someone short term,
Lets suppose if someone bought bitcoin in 2012 and sell it now, he/she could be richest, this is long term thinking,
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
January 24, 2018, 02:17:11 AM
I prefer long term much more. If you don't have much time to spend on crypto this is the best choice. But it works only for perspective and serious projects.
January 24, 2018, 02:11:23 AM
I prefer short-term investments for alt-coin but if for bitcoin maybe long-term investment is more profitable but the risk is also big
Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69
January 23, 2018, 11:20:45 PM
It is almost certain that you can make more profit if you hold all coins long term.
It is not easy to do day trade and earn more profit than just holding it.
as of now what may be the best thing to do is just holding yes this is right that holding are one of the best thing to do for if only the coin that you are holding are the best coin and thought that this can give you some profit of and not by some that you are not sure for.
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
January 23, 2018, 11:16:51 PM
It is almost certain that you can make more profit if you hold all coins long term.
It is not easy to do day trade and earn more profit than just holding it.
Activity: 182
January 23, 2018, 07:10:12 PM
For me it's a case to case basis,the purpose of investment is to gain profit not to lose so why do a long term investment when the market shows you have gain a profit already so sell it then rebuy again.If you are constantly monitoring the market then no need to do a long term investment, because in my opinion long term investment are for people who for some reason are quite busy and don't have the time to monitor his investment,my point is market is so volatile if you gain already take it coz you don't know when is the next one coming.
Activity: 826
Merit: 111
January 23, 2018, 07:07:17 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
80% of coins are in long-term hold, 20 for short positions, but I think I will soon increase the share for trades

Yes. A big risk remains in long-term investment as the values are unpredictable and need to wait for a long term to get minimum turn over. There is a less chance for loosing the money in short term investments. But can gain more profit in short term investments. Coins which are much cheaper are best for long term investments. Capital investment is less for long term investment as compared to what capital is required for a long term investments.
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
January 23, 2018, 06:06:36 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
80% of coins are in long-term hold, 20 for short positions, but I think I will soon increase the share for trades
Activity: 454
Merit: 252
January 23, 2018, 06:02:31 PM
long term looks good, as you dont have to worry on daily basis.

Long term is always going to be the most perfect thing that you can do. Short term is just for all those people who want to make as much profit as possible in the less amount of time possible.

I still prefer long term ,seriously.. It is much more profitable, and safe.

At present all markets are in a downward trend. Will you be able to say the same when you lose 50 percent of what they have?
Those who do so harm are necessarily long-term investors.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
January 23, 2018, 05:59:09 PM
I think u need to do combiantion with this two, if u do good combination u ll have awesome profit. I am practing long term for 30% porftofolio and 70% daily trading & short term.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 23, 2018, 05:52:11 PM
Long-term trade do not guarantee profit to you. However, you can make long-term trades on BTC or ETH, or currencies from TOP10... Many altcoin are better to take in short-term. There is a high chance of risk and profit too.
Activity: 126
January 23, 2018, 05:44:47 PM
long term looks good, as you dont have to worry on daily basis.

Long term is always going to be the most perfect thing that you can do. Short term is just for all those people who want to make as much profit as possible in the less amount of time possible.

I still prefer long term ,seriously.. It is much more profitable, and safe.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
January 23, 2018, 05:40:52 PM
Most of my coin is for longterm I hold this coin for few years like bitcoin,  ethereum,  ripple,  waves, itecoin,  dash,  monero, for surr after a years the price will increase more and many people can see the price become thousands dollars.  While my shorterm is qtum,  taas,  and komodo I believe after few months it will become hundreds dollars.  I have a lot of shorterm.  I earned a lot of profit in longterm brcause I can wait the price to increase more before I sell it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
January 23, 2018, 05:34:58 PM
I prefer long-term investments. They give a much larger profit. This approach also reduces speculation on the market. Speculations in the market are scared off by a part of potential investors and this harms the entire market with crypto currency.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
January 19, 2018, 07:01:50 PM
For me the risk is always the same. But if I could chose which one is better... I would definitely go with long terms. So far it has been proven as best choice, and i would stick with what is proven to be best. But that is mostly never possible for me, because every amount of crypto that i earn I need for somethings. Which mean I most hold my crypto for short terms. And as far as the risk goes and why its same to me, well all amounts of crypto that I earned was from jobs or campaigns. For that i have never had invested money, only my free time. Because of that, even if i lost part of my savings in crypto it would not be hard on me... because i do not have large amount  Grin
Activity: 260
Merit: 103
January 19, 2018, 06:47:47 PM
Short term is good for now, because who know what BTC want to do... Sooner or later we should hit 2-4k$ levels, so longterm invest can be good only if we thinking about +5years...
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
January 19, 2018, 06:24:00 PM

I guess the Short term I've been doing it now was Rdd, Xmy, Dent, Xaurum, and Icob while in the long term was Xem, Waves, Ethereum, Neo, The Key, Utk, ang Dtc.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
January 19, 2018, 09:27:11 AM

Me i hold for long term bitcoin and ethereum there are good coin.
Short term investments like trading is very risky on me.Because i dont really good in predicting market graph if i rate may prediction from 1 to 10 i will give 4...pretty bad in trading... i hope i will learn someday.
Activity: 136
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 09:11:56 AM
in this case I choose short term, because for the short run quickly get a profit, but also seen the percentage in sales. for the long term itself can be called investment, in the long run can also get high profits, but it takes patience and continue to see the level of sales. this all depends on the wishes of each.
Activity: 117
January 19, 2018, 09:04:42 AM
I prefer long term if you are very busy working on your full time real job. But if you are a full time investor or a trader then you can go short term; since being full-time in crypto world was the best in monitoring all your investments to make good profit.
Jump to: