Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 120. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 03, 2018, 01:05:37 PM
   In my opinion short-term investments are good for people with deep pocket.
They can invest a lot from once and after short period of time profit can  be huge.
   Long-term investments are for people like I am, we do not have much, what we
have is the time and we know that if we are patient we can become rich people.
   I think that short-term investments are riskier, and I do not practice that kind
of trading. I am just buying solid alt-coins and I expect me of them to rise really
high, like some others already did.
Activity: 406
Merit: 132
January 03, 2018, 01:03:38 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
In my opinion, long term is less risky than short term. If you chose good coin u can get higher profit in loan term. it will gain more than the short term.
i can tell you some good coin. u can hold them 2 or 3 years or more.
BTC
XRP
ETN
STRAT
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
January 03, 2018, 12:49:42 PM
In my opinion, this depends directly on the situation on the market. Now, for example, a good time to make good money on short transactions, but when the market goes into hibernation, I prefer to invest in a long time.

Good perspective mate. It depends on a lot of things. Market's current situation, your character, how much risk you can take etc. I personally use %60 of my coins for long term investing and rest for short term trading. So you don't actually have to choose only one.
Activity: 364
Merit: 104
January 03, 2018, 12:02:12 PM
Long-term or short-term it back again to each person.
Because everyone has their own thoughts and speculations in mining in bitcoin.

That is true. It totally depends on the person who is investing. If you are the person who like taking risk then you will enjoy short term trading more, if not then the long term. But you don't have to choose just one of them. You can divide your portfolio and use some part of it for long term investment and another part for short term trading.
Activity: 462
Merit: 114
January 03, 2018, 11:38:24 AM
In my opinion, this depends directly on the situation on the market. Now, for example, a good time to make good money on short transactions, but when the market goes into hibernation, I prefer to invest in a long time.
Activity: 209
Merit: 60
January 03, 2018, 11:27:55 AM
Well I was always atract by the long term investments because you have bigger chances of succes rather than a short term when you don't know what will happend for sure , and you wait everyday to see if the coin will rise so I'm gonna choose the long term.
Activity: 275
Merit: 101
January 03, 2018, 11:22:28 AM
If you look at the percentage of my wallet and the amount on the balance of the stock exchanges, then approximately this will look like this.
short-term investments - 20%
Medium-term investments - 30%
Long-term projects -50%
Of course, if some kind of long-term project does x10, then it will probably become short-term at the same time and I will sell it. But it depends on the project itself.
Activity: 375
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
January 03, 2018, 05:42:45 AM
i prefer buying ethereum and bitcoin for long term investment because there are good ones when it come to it and the other altcoin is good for short term investment so i prefer but an altcoin but not buy randomly
Activity: 308
Merit: 18
January 03, 2018, 05:25:22 AM
Even it is a long term or short term investment, both of them has a advantages and disadvantages. If we are talking about coins in long term investment go to bitcoin. Bitcoin is more capable and more consistent than the other coins. Everyweek or month bitcoin has a great value into it. If you are finding a short term investment go to etheruem or ripple this coins are volatility so you should focus in this coins if you are into short term investment. All of them have a risk you should have a knowldge when it comes in trading or investment because you can lose money if you dont have.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
January 03, 2018, 05:18:35 AM
I am basically more on the long term investment rather than short term though there are coins that i am holding only for a short period of time. It depends though on the coin but most of them i hold for long term wspecially those that i got from icos since they have a huge possibility that it will pump soon.
Activity: 370
January 03, 2018, 05:15:25 AM
i prefer long term if you are not always keeping your eye on your portfolio but if you want faster profit go in the short term because in just a day you can get profits by 10-20% of you starting fund for that token
Activity: 504
January 03, 2018, 05:10:59 AM
I think long term is a set of short term but staying always in short is very expensive in terms of time
As far as I know, short-term ones are not respected by the bitcoin community, because they say that bitcoin can punish you for short-term. Therefore, for the most part in bitcoin long-term.
Activity: 377
Merit: 10
January 03, 2018, 04:54:01 AM
I prefer long-term investments because it very much gives the advantage of in the short term. so if the long-term certainly must have targets and not think of the price if the coin grades go down in value.
Activity: 275
Merit: 10
We offer our Service
January 03, 2018, 01:22:55 AM
I would go 70% for long term since it is nice to save it for the future until it reach my limit while 30% for short term which will I use if ever I needed the most and also I can use for daily trading.
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
January 03, 2018, 01:12:36 AM
For me, long term investments are better. It is predicted that 2018 will be the year of altcoins which is why I think focusing on altcoins is the best choice. You can invest in Ethereum and hold it. If you want short term investments, you can choose Ripple XRP, Litecoin etc.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
January 02, 2018, 10:52:13 PM
The main question is: what can be bought for this coin. If the answer is ALMOST NOTHING, then it is a short term investment.
If the answer looks like a list, it can be considered as a long-term investment.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
January 02, 2018, 10:50:37 PM
Actually I am risking my long term coins over my short term coins but I was thinking of making it all long term for now since I am busy with work and at home. Will probably go back to short term once I'm done with all the work because I can benefit more on short term rather than those for long term and I did miss a lot of opportunity too but its okay.
Activity: 241
January 02, 2018, 10:43:52 PM
Long-term or short-term it back again to each person.
Because everyone has their own thoughts and speculations in mining in bitcoin.
Activity: 182
January 02, 2018, 10:40:36 PM
Fully depend on whats short term for you. Most of my "short term" coins and tokens I HODL in cold wallets for months because it is so easy to miss their pumps and so meaningless to try sell and re-buy for 5-10 (even 20) %. I don't even try. Real short term trading is daytrading while it is pretty incompatible with normal life and not promises real good profits against clever reinvesting.
Activity: 616
https://exip.live/
January 02, 2018, 10:37:30 PM
For longterm investment i have this portfolio : BTC, ETH ,DASH, LTC, WAVES. And for short term investment this is will be my portfolio : WABI, WALTON, NAV, ARK, NEBLIO. I divide my money by each 70% for longterm and 30% for short term trading, because long term can be more profitable. And for short term the coin i will change it later if i find more potential one.
Jump to: