Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 116. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 354
Merit: 2
January 10, 2018, 05:17:23 AM
i do both. i have long term coins and trading short term in daily basis.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
January 10, 2018, 05:15:39 AM
long term is what I look for, don´t have the time to stay online all the time for the short term
Yes, you are absolutely right, because long-term investments mean a holding of coins from several weeks to several years. So here you are completely right, because short-term investments should always be watched online
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
January 09, 2018, 03:13:15 PM
around 70% goes t long-term deposits and the rest to play short-term. we all try to minimize our risks. but anyway, it all depends on how lucky, risky or greedy Smiley) a person is:)
Activity: 364
Merit: 12
The Most Profitable Mining Pool
January 09, 2018, 03:10:02 PM
I play both long term and short term. Short term portfolio refers to me as monthly trade, I choose as coin of the month and close my trade at the end of the month and made and average of 150% ROI which I find sustainable enough. ANd for my long term trade, I join the Verge Train and made  25X return so far. still in holding tho.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
January 09, 2018, 02:53:20 PM
I prefer long term that's why im holding my bitcoin because I know someday its going to be worth it. Im also holding some coins temporarily for profits but most of the time these coins are only for short term. The best coins for long term hold are ethereum and Bitcoin.
for today it is difficult enough to be guided in Whom it is better to give preference, an etherium or Bitcoin. But definitely worth noting that it is better to wait with the sale of their coins, because Both will bring in their favor in the future.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
January 09, 2018, 02:38:52 PM
90% long term and 10% short, however I am considering upping the short term to 25%.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
January 09, 2018, 01:46:34 PM
long term is what I look for, don´t have the time to stay online all the time for the short term
Activity: 350
Merit: 16
~bitcoin enthusiast~
January 09, 2018, 01:09:12 PM
Nowadays many altcoins earned a good name and worth to hodl. But still, a majority of the portfolio should be in BTC imo. For a short-term XVG worked great for me. I sold it 3 times with 2x to 3x profit and bought when dump happened. Very risky, but I'm not a believer in this coin, the community is quite immature and all talks are about moon and lambo.
Activity: 363
January 09, 2018, 12:54:10 PM
I like longer term. Just buy it and wait to get the best profit. Look at XRP prices early in 2017 and the end of 2017 to see
Activity: 504
January 09, 2018, 12:17:57 PM
Yeah ...... I guess in the coming time the market  of eth and btc will make a good place and will give huge profits to people
He and now brings profit to people who invest in ICO or are engaged in trading on stock exchanges, therefore probably you should quickly master this business in order to have time to earn something.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
January 07, 2018, 02:52:32 PM
Long term in establish coins like BTC, Litecoin, Ethereum etc.
Short term different new coins and ICO.
70% investment in Long term and 30% in short term.
To trade in short you must have some skills, experience and steal eggs. And so everything is said right.
experience is the most important of trading or investment, the experience is shaping skill, an experience that makes the patience and emotional intelligence in long term and short term invest...
Activity: 49
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
January 07, 2018, 01:11:54 PM
I'm not an experienced trader and I can not analyze the market well. Therefore, my strategy is long-term investment. This brings me more profit than daily trading.
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
January 07, 2018, 11:34:33 AM
In addition, Investors usually fall into one of two categories; there are those who invest for short term gains and others who invest for the long term. Both strategies have benefits and drawbacks.
Short term investing generally refers to holding any particular investment for less than one year. While Long term investors on the other hand will often hold an investment for five, ten or even twenty to thirty years at a time. Now,The goal of any investor is to grow your invested capital: to make money. This is what investors do and it is accomplished simply by buying low and selling high. If it only it was that simple! Investors who trade on shorter time-lines aim to buy Bitcoin when the market is low or if  Bitcoin has been beat up and represents a good value. They then try to sell the investment in a few days, weeks or months when it has recovered and can show a profit.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 07, 2018, 11:29:18 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
I don't risk my amounts for short trades, I was doing that before and in the end I always end up shorter, and my profit melted so many times and in the end I lose more then I won. That is why I chose to do just longterm trades like I did with iota, ripple and I have some other coins in my portfolio that I wait for months to rise and some I wait even longer. I think each of us is different, for me long is better but I see people here that are good in short trades. Try both and you will see what is better for you.
Activity: 196
Merit: 50
OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS
January 07, 2018, 11:25:13 AM
To trade in short you must have some skills, experience and steal eggs. And so everything is said right.

Trading isn't investment but somehow it is.
Like, if you expect that coin will pump in a small period of time then hit that buy button otherwise you should be careful because there are a lot of coins today that are big losers. Know the coin, the team and their price history before engaging investment for short term or long term.
January 07, 2018, 11:21:16 AM
if you are a person who can read the movement of the market and graphics and volume, you can use short-term. but if you want to invest in the long term use long-term.

Indeed, a very well statement and in addition to that, if you can predict a coin although it is newer in the market and can be have the potential to be the next top Altcoin within half a year then you should invest for short term otherwise long term investments is a good idea of you don't really know the coin is all about.
January 07, 2018, 11:17:57 AM
For me, long term. Because the longer it happens, the better the income you'll get. Dont settle for less. If long term is possible then grab it. Always think positive and look forward for the best.

Short term or long term depends on the coins you have because when a coin price increases like skyrocket then after few months you can get more money otherwise you'll wait too long enough to get good profit.
Like My Oyster PRL token, it pumped within a couple of months, it's a short term but my Reddcoin is clearly for long term because the circulating supply is too much and the price increase is struggling.
Activity: 532
https://www.empirehotels.io/
January 07, 2018, 11:14:29 AM
if you are a person who can read the movement of the market and graphics and volume, you can use short-term. but if you want to invest in the long term use long-term.
January 07, 2018, 11:13:46 AM

Yes, Bitcoin, LiteCoin are for long term investments except if you are going to convert it into cash because you already had gained more than enough.
Ethereum can be short term or long term because for me Ethereum is just like a stash as I'm going to use it as conversion between Altcoins into Bitcoin for Cash out.
I couldn't say I can hold Ethereum like how I hold Bitcoin and my other Altcoins.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
January 07, 2018, 11:12:03 AM
For me, long term. Because the longer it happens, the better the income you'll get. Dont settle for less. If long term is possible then grab it. Always think positive and look forward for the best.
Jump to: