Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 121. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
January 02, 2018, 10:36:24 PM
I think long term coin are BTC, BCC, ETH, ZCash, Monero, DASH. For short term there are always opportunities. By low and sell high every time, have the stomach to withstand crashes and the guts to sell at the right time.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 103
January 02, 2018, 10:34:08 PM
If you do not have experience in trading, then you need to keep coins for several months. Only this will bring you profit. Learn to be patient

You are right, trading always need experience but at the same time holding there is no need experience but while finding a good coin they need to research which one will give profit on their investment.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
January 02, 2018, 10:25:59 PM
Long term - Bitcoin and Ethereum. Both are perfect assets.
Middle term - altcoins like Ripple, Cardano and IOTA that are good for trading and buying something.
Short term - icos
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
January 02, 2018, 10:23:57 PM
Short term - altcoins like Ripple, Cardano and IOTA that are good for trading and buying something.

Yes thats the best combination of short and long term investment, but theres other people that they have their own idea about long and short term, but me thats the best way of investing or hold.

I also agree with you  Btc and etherium really considered as a long term because they already proven something that deffinitely has a good feedback to someone who already tried it for a long period of time.

Totally agreed. Top coins are considered good for long term and surprise alt coins are considered good for trading. you can check coin market cap gainers and losers part and you will see that there are coins that increase %300 in a day which is impossible for those top coins.

exactly people that are able to take what are the good choice for in along term holding coin are this is most of the coin that are in a top coins for example you are choosing only with top 10 coins then when you have choose where you are able to take for this is a serious thing for that you can take for is deciding for where would you choose for.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
January 02, 2018, 09:42:47 PM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

What i usually do with my alts, i buy them low and wait for 20% increase then i sell a portion of it, say 1/3 of what i own. If it increases to 50% i sell the second portion of it.  Sometimes or most of the time it dips after that so i hold the last portion of it. There are some coins worth for long term hold. Some i just sell immediately after getting just 20% gains. My hold coins are btc and eth, i also have nxt recently. So about 20% of my overall portfolio are for long term gains and the rest for short term.
Activity: 252
Merit: 107
January 02, 2018, 06:44:04 PM
i risk around 20% of my portfolio displaced between around 10 coin which i think could give me huge gain in short therms, so the risk is balanced with the possible income Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
January 02, 2018, 06:32:39 PM
Choose your strategy. An example one of them are:
  • Split your money to 3 parts.
  • 1st part is for long term, buy big market cap coins for these. - for at least 10 months holding
  • 2nd part - mid-term (yeah) - for 5-6 month holding
  • 3rd part - short term - small market cap coins - only 1-2 month holding
Activity: 547
Merit: 500
January 02, 2018, 06:19:29 PM
I think this two both are more profitable: Long term & Short term. If u do one good combination with this two method it ll give u very big profit monthly and also for long term. I do this both 30% short 70% long term.
Activity: 210
January 02, 2018, 06:09:09 PM
Short term - altcoins like Ripple, Cardano and IOTA that are good for trading and buying something.

Yes thats the best combination of short and long term investment, but theres other people that they have their own idea about long and short term, but me thats the best way of investing or hold.

I also agree with you  Btc and etherium really considered as a long term because they already proven something that deffinitely has a good feedback to someone who already tried it for a long period of time.

Totally agreed. Top coins are considered good for long term and surprise alt coins are considered good for trading. you can check coin market cap gainers and losers part and you will see that there are coins that increase %300 in a day which is impossible for those top coins.
Activity: 266
Merit: 41
January 02, 2018, 05:56:06 PM
I'm going long on a couple of cheap token with what I consider to be strong platforms with lots of upside.  For short, I try to piggyback onto pumps and make a nice margin - nothing excessive.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
January 02, 2018, 05:50:32 PM
I'm holding everything long-term.  I've locked in small profits in the past and grown to regret it - Verge is a great example.  I left a lot of money on the table there by selling way too early...
Activity: 89
Merit: 11
January 02, 2018, 05:38:48 PM
If you have time you can make good profit from short term. However, long term does not require much time and it is almost certain that you will make good amount of profit.
Activity: 287
Merit: 10
January 02, 2018, 05:31:28 PM
My long term is from 6 months to 1 year and short term is within one week to 3 months. I hold bitcoin and Ethereum for long term and  buy into ICO for short term period and resell for profit when it goes on exchange.
Activity: 154
January 02, 2018, 05:14:00 PM
I would invest 50% in large coins (for example Ethereum) for long holding. And the rest of the money was invested in little-known coins of any ICO projects. There is one condition, the analysis of projects should be thorough to reduce the risk of losing your funds
Activity: 56
January 02, 2018, 04:57:00 PM
If you do not have experience in trading, then you need to keep coins for several months. Only this will bring you profit. Learn to be patient

thanks
Activity: 294
Merit: 36
January 02, 2018, 11:00:12 AM

Good and simple point. I think the lists are good to follow. Those are really some of the best coins around to invest in both long term and short term respectively. However, I would also like to add LTC, sumokoin and Dash on the short term and Waves in the long term. Just to give some more options you can choose to invest in. I think those coins to name a few are the most reliable and the surest you can get good profit from. However, like any venture in the cryptocurrency market, there is no 100% sure way to gain profit because there are so many trends and movements that can affect the market.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
January 02, 2018, 09:15:25 AM
Activity: 208
January 02, 2018, 09:03:02 AM

Activity: 56
January 02, 2018, 09:02:42 AM
very difficult question to answer.its depends on the project and your money urgency.but overall genaral answer is long time holding is the best.specially for solid currencies like bitcoin,etherium , ripple,sia,monero, lite coin and etc you better hold them for long time untill u want some money.if you have some airdroped projects or coins without much reputation or much detais you better sell them once you got enough profit(airdrops are always profit .i mean once you noticed a significant bull run..sell it as soon as possible).because majority of airdrops coins are not well established solid projects.so you can sell them and invest money you got for another good project.this is just a idea.any body cant force you to sell or hold your coins.because you are the owner of your your coins and you can do anything to your coins at any time.mainly its depend on your money urgency.i  shared just my experiance.(keep in mind im a newbie to field and heard about cryptocurrency just 4 months ago )

thank you !
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
January 02, 2018, 05:33:06 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

It varies for me, but at the moment I have about 75% in long term holds, and 25% that I move about for trading. It is all personal preference really, there is no right answer. It depends how much risk you want to take, and how good you are at trading. But even if I am trading, I wouldn't put the full 25% on a low-cap long-shot coin.
Jump to: