Pages:
Author

Topic: Master-P's scammed funds summary. Post your case here if you were scammed. - page 3. (Read 18998 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
What is the Canadian version of the IRS? Some one report him for tax evasion. I assure you they will not fail to put an endoscope so far up his ass they will be able to see how many fillings he has in his teeth.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

The sad part is collecting. If he has no income and no property it might be next to impossible to get anything even after winning the case
From the dox I have, it seems he is f*cking rich. Wonder why he needed to scam

A rich guy will bend over to pick up a $20 bill.

For people with a certain moral compass, scamming on this forum isn't much harder than just picking up money.

It's one thing to get the balls/equipment/knowledge to go rob a bank, around here you just say "give me money" and people give it to you.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1000
Fica Tranquilo
How about lawsuits from individuals? I mean this is enough money to sue someone.
I'm not a lawyer, but I'm guessing that if someone had the interest, time, and money to pursue him they could probably file a case against him. Depending on the amount that master-P stole from the user, they may be able to file a small claim court case, as long as the amount was under $25,000 CAD. I found a page about Ontario small claims court here, if anyone is interested in reading a little more about it. It seems like a claim against master-P might fall under the "breach of contract" type claim, if they were able to get an escrow contract from him. But like I said before, I'm not a lawyer so I don't know a whole lot about this kind of stuff.

Certainly worth a try especially if someone happens to reside in Ontario or otherwise in a position to do that.

Not sure about Canada but in the US small claims cases are relatively easy and inexpensive to file. Scares the shit out of young small-time crooks like our friend Eric here.

The sad part is collecting. If he has no income and no property it might be next to impossible to get anything even after winning the case

If he is not able to reimburse all scammed amounts, then at least you tried and maybe even more important, he will still be convicted.
Activity: 373
Merit: 252

From what I've seen in this thread, he's been scamming long before the stunt he pulled here on Bitcointalk. Probably made a decent portion of his "riches" from pulling similar scams.
Activity: 290
Merit: 250

He probably failed in life and couldnt get a job as an accountant after college so he lives with his parents lmao
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.

for kicks?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1003
4 Mana 7/7

legendary
First Exclusion Ever
How about lawsuits from individuals? I mean this is enough money to sue someone.
I'm not a lawyer, but I'm guessing that if someone had the interest, time, and money to pursue him they could probably file a case against him. Depending on the amount that master-P stole from the user, they may be able to file a small claim court case, as long as the amount was under $25,000 CAD. I found a page about Ontario small claims court here, if anyone is interested in reading a little more about it. It seems like a claim against master-P might fall under the "breach of contract" type claim, if they were able to get an escrow contract from him. But like I said before, I'm not a lawyer so I don't know a whole lot about this kind of stuff.

Any time you have an exchange of value  you enter into a contract. The terms of these agreements are documented within PMs and public posts.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Certainly worth a try especially if someone happens to reside in Ontario or otherwise in a position to do that.

Not sure about Canada but in the US small claims cases are relatively easy and inexpensive to file. Scares the shit out of young small-time crooks like our friend Eric here.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Do a little research, you will see he is involved in several other scams. The collective value of these crimes may be enough to illicit the help of domestic authorities. If not, there are always lawsuits as well as other forms of legal leverage over him. Use your brain a little bit. The idea about the billboards was a creative solution. Think about things in this type of direction.

Which is MOST likely why he started to pay back too. If the victims of the other scams brough be in and they unite in some form then they would be a real threat to him.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
In any case, even if the amount would be pushed down to a level that is not a crime anymore, with the repayments done, he still can be sued under civil law. At least he will have to pay back...  or else...

Even if it is no criminal offense for some reason, the civil right and law still gives enough power to deal with that.

These things are different.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Do a little research, you will see he is involved in several other scams. The collective value of these crimes may be enough to illicit the help of domestic authorities. If not, there are always lawsuits as well as other forms of legal leverage over him. Use your brain a little bit. The idea about the billboards was a creative solution. Think about things in this type of direction.
Not being familiar with Canada law--do local police handle internet scams?  Is what he scammed considered (legally) theft?  Do we have any members here who are lawyers?  I know when I frequented the JREF forum there were tons of them.
If my memory serves me right, quite a few of the larger cities in Canada do have online crime units. However, I suspect something like the master-P case would be extremely low priority to them. He stole what, about 24 BTC? The owner of PBMining ran off with a much larger amount and the police didn't do much of anything in trying to track him down and charge him.

These online crime units seem to focus on much larger issues... CP and that sort of stuff is much higher priority to them.
Not being familiar with Canada law--do local police handle internet scams?  Is what he scammed considered (legally) theft?  Do we have any members here who are lawyers?  I know when I frequented the JREF forum there were tons of them.
If my memory serves me right, quite a few of the larger cities in Canada do have online crime units. However, I suspect something like the master-P case would be extremely low priority to them. He stole what, about 24 BTC? The owner of PBMining ran off with a much larger amount and the police didn't do much of anything in trying to track him down and charge him.

These online crime units seem to focus on much larger issues... CP and that sort of stuff is much higher priority to them.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
report the frauds to RCMP (royal candian mounted police)
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
Pretty sure fraud is illegal in Canada...

I think fraud is illegal everywhere in the World, or am I wrong  Grin (just kidding) ?
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Pretty sure fraud is illegal in Canada...
Who wants to run ads about him and his family in his town? Ie newspapers, billboards, posters?

This should be the first step Smiley
Then report him to the police about this scam and his previous scam
I think it would probably be a better idea to do this in the reverse order. Reporting him to the police regarding his scams would result in him potentially getting arrested, and if his local police department were to ignore any reports about him, then pressure could be put on the local PD by taking out such advertisements, plus they would serve as a warning to others who are considering to do business with him locally.

I would just stress the importance of ensuring that any advertisement that is taken out regarding master-P is factually accurate
He ran a pyramid scam this summer and that's illegal under canadian law for sure. I think internet scams are illegal as well.... Hoping lol
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Who wants to run ads about him and his family in his town? Ie newspapers, billboards, posters?

This should be the first step Smiley
Then report him to the police about this scam and his previous scam
I think it would probably be a better idea to do this in the reverse order. Reporting him to the police regarding his scams would result in him potentially getting arrested, and if his local police department were to ignore any reports about him, then pressure could be put on the local PD by taking out such advertisements, plus they would serve as a warning to others who are considering to do business with him locally.

I would just stress the importance of ensuring that any advertisement that is taken out regarding master-P is factually accurate
Pages:
Jump to: