Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit "trading" - buying and selling Bitcointalk merit - page 19. (Read 36191 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
Merit was made to determine one's post quality.
If someone buys and sells merit it means that he abuses the system.
I can guess that Merit trading is forbidden and those who try to trade Merit will probably get their thread to be deleted.

Merit also very helpful as it gives users the option to thank other users for their posts.
An ability that wasn't available before.

I have a limited number of merits so I keep them for really useful posts. I may like different posts but still I will not waste my merits for them because I may need them in the future. So this system doesn't work for me and I see no sense in it. Well, except for the fact it's harder now to move to the next rank, so the competition in signature campaigns is lower - but again that is not significant for me.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 324
I have read most these posts. first of all I aggree with there shouldn't be any trade on merit . friends are right merit measures quality of posts but there is a missing point I think. when you right something rigth or fully informed post you can't take any merit from someone. or getting very few. merits getting valuable as bitcoin. when the merit system has come I had a 58 posts. because of 2 posts I couldn't get "member" it doesn't sound very fair sometimes to me.

I think merit system will be very hard thing for many good users they don’t have any support from their friends and they still in their same rank with many quality posts I think it should be changed by the forum soon.
You do have a point but don't expect that there would be a change.It would still remain as it is yet this new system do really prohibits account farming but somehow there are really instances which good posters cant be easily considered and not being merited which would definitely result on not ranking up.I can say it cant really be avoided considering on how many members out of this forum but if your post is great sooner or later it would really be recognized.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
I have read most these posts. first of all I aggree with there shouldn't be any trade on merit . friends are right merit measures quality of posts but there is a missing point I think. when you right something rigth or fully informed post you can't take any merit from someone. or getting very few. merits getting valuable as bitcoin. when the merit system has come I had a 58 posts. because of 2 posts I couldn't get "member" it doesn't sound very fair sometimes to me.

I think merit system will be very hard thing for many good users they don’t have any support from their friends and they still in their same rank with many quality posts I think it should be changed by the forum soon.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
Though i am relatively new on bitcointalk, before joining, I have a friend who complained about how he no longer reckons much with information he gets on bitcointalk as the quality of contents have drastically reduced. Fact is that. the merit system would help to improve the quality of topics and posts, however, if the merit system is not well administered, it may just become a way to enrich the generators or oppress those who fall out of favor, striking a balance is the key here...
Activity: 89
Merit: 0
Activity: 276
Merit: 12
Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!
here is my problem with the merit system...it has created a centralized authority...made up of people...people who like to have their asses kissed....people who do not like it when you disagree...people who will tell you that you have a "bad attitude"....regardless of the quality of your posts...I have been posting for the last few days in the theymos merit thread about these very issues...im not the nicest guy in the world but I think I make good points...for example, one user who posted just after my first post has an account that is less than 100 days old....they have merit of 104 (acquired in only 60 days)...the vast majority of that 104 was given for making posts about the merit system....it just seems that it has created a system where not much merit is being awarded outside of the merit-related threads...and even then, only if you agree with the powers-that-be....not one person in that thread made an effort to refute my points...I was just called a shitposter and told over and over to change my attitude or I would never receive merit...like I give a shit...as far as the selling or trading of merit goes, WHY??...all you have to do is go to the merit threads and kiss the bosses' asses
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.

"Trading" merit will undermine this and render it eventually useless.

Keep contributing!

On the first look, you would consider merit system as a hinder to further rank up one's account. But if we are looking on the long term goal this would give a huge impact on the forums because those who sells account can be stop and it will not be easy to create a new account and to ranked it up and it is also to produce quality post especially to the newer users on the site. The difficult part is on how to obtain this merits though you are constantly posting quality post. Even if there were people who offer Smerits in the exchange of a certain task, the competition on those events is quite high.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
I think in this merit metters we have to show the quality in every post that we do, ranging from posts that educate and build. I strongly disagree with any merit merit seller in bitcointalk because that way everyone can get her even though she is not qualified.
Activity: 224
Merit: 18
People who like new system the most are those that ranked up a day before new system was introduced

People who dislike it the most are those that were 1 day away from ranking up before it was introduced

YES,IT is very hard to to earn 1 merit.No one is giving their merit.the user do not aware the merit system.How to give and user think,if he give the merit ,it will deduct from his merit.But it is not happpen.I dont know how much time user will take to give the merit for good post.
Activity: 280
Merit: 111
Indeed true that after the merit system quite a positive change in the quality of posts have been seen. But at the beginning this question was brought up a lot about buying and selling of merits, merit farming and many had been convicted for merit farming and were also banned due to merit farming. But I haven't seen any cases of buying and selling of merits personally, maybe someone is buying and selling merits and hasn't been caught yet but there are many members in this forum who are hunting for such accounts who are violating the rules and I believe these accounts will be caught and banned for their wrongs.
Activity: 143
Merit: 31
Cryptomaa.com Helps in finding Real project
Is that legal I don't think so even if it's legal then user who will give merit need to give that on quality post otherwise bct will find that user who is giving merit to spam post.
Activity: 165
Merit trading is a forum violation activity.
How a theymos give them a number of sMerit for free to be distributed to quality members, even some of the members make use of it for personal gain. Obviously this is what sought by those who have considered merit unjust. This is the injustice.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 318
Introducing some feature like smerit for benefiting the community is helping some top ranks to cash the opportunity, i would like to suggest admin/moderators  to come up with new feature some thing like like/dislike/favorite some post similar to smerit but every one was given few of those at first based on the rank and have some conditions similar to count/timer of posts at entry level, in that case there wont be feeling like you are left out and if you had donated smerit you may be not sure that you will recieve more at the same time.
I like the conception of meriting but not with the way of providing smerits.
I really do not know why you guys keep complaining about smerits, if your post is good enough to get a merit, you will get. Those who are freely giving out merit to those who deserve it are available on this forum and if you have an impact to create in the community without spamming, plagiarizing or going against the forum rule, you should be fine. However, this whole thing shows that most people here are more interested in the pay than contributing effectively or learning on the forum.

Look and you got only 3 merits until today. Do you think this is enough for your work?

I got 7 merits only and I think this is nothing for the work I do here on the forum when posting. People are quoting my posts very often and engaging in discussion with me but nobody gives merits. Of course, I don't ask for merits but sometimes I think I should remind to some users that if they found my content valuable they should merit me. I try to help people and answer their questions, writing only quality posts, etc. I do all I can and still, there are no merits for me. I don't think that merit system work as it should but maybe I am wrong. I will be glad if somebody proves me that I am wrong.

Or look at this post, for example:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/radeon-rx-560-gaming-oc-4g-rev-10-163mhs-bios-3052745

282 people downloaded my BIOS; 0 merit

Easiest way is to make "hidden" merit trading post like this:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28866078
Activity: 252
Merit was made to determine one's post quality.
If someone buys and sells merit it means that he abuses the system.
I can guess that Merit trading is forbidden and those who try to trade Merit will probably get their thread to be deleted.

Merit also very helpful as it gives users the option to thank other users for their posts.
An ability that wasn't available before.

I'm agree in you. Some post gives us more idea about the topic and what really happening in the bitcoin or altcoin. Because of the Good quality post, we understand deeply what really he/she wants to say to us.
Activity: 854
Merit: 10
You are right, merit is made to filter out all the people who really deserve promotion and ignore the rest, according to them the benefits of buying is the way out but no, buying a service is a difficult thing to do because of the risk of trust. from moderator
Honestly, I wonder why the merit system has not been in place for a long time now. If you look at most threads now, you will know straight on as to how sanity has actually come to reign, and it is improving even the more over time as we keep seeing shit accounts with shit posts and lower alts getting bounced since they know the possibility of ranking up anyway is going to be hard. Anyone who ends up buying will be caught and that would be the end to their account.

I agree with you, but what do you think, how long it will take for you to become Sr. member?

With the present merit system, it is very difficult to reach Sr.member but it is completely based on your quality of the posts. Even though sometimes you are posting quality content you cannot earn merits, let us wait and see whether we have any other option to make merits.
Activity: 192
Merit: 3
actually merit not only on trading but exchanging merit between friends, sometimes there is a simple post but given merit and there is also a shit post given merit.isn't not fair ?. this thing I often see in some thread, which should be quality, so just like threads in newbie  is not quality or not weighted. I think this should be more watched by moderators. because it's like playing the game in a way to raise the level faster by playing cheats. isn't this unfair to people who are tired of making a post useful but not geting merit, maybe even no one notice it.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
Introducing some feature like smerit for benefiting the community is helping some top ranks to cash the opportunity, i would like to suggest admin/moderators  to come up with new feature some thing like like/dislike/favorite some post similar to smerit but every one was given few of those at first based on the rank and have some conditions similar to count/timer of posts at entry level, in that case there wont be feeling like you are left out and if you had donated smerit you may be not sure that you will recieve more at the same time.
I like the conception of meriting but not with the way of providing smerits.
I really do not know why you guys keep complaining about smerits, if your post is good enough to get a merit, you will get. Those who are freely giving out merit to those who deserve it are available on this forum and if you have an impact to create in the community without spamming, plagiarizing or going against the forum rule, you should be fine. However, this whole thing shows that most people here are more interested in the pay than contributing effectively or learning on the forum.

Look and you got only 3 merits until today. Do you think this is enough for your work?

I got 7 merits only and I think this is nothing for the work I do here on the forum when posting. People are quoting my posts very often and engaging in discussion with me but nobody gives merits. Of course, I don't ask for merits but sometimes I think I should remind to some users that if they found my content valuable they should merit me. I try to help people and answer their questions, writing only quality posts, etc. I do all I can and still, there are no merits for me. I don't think that merit system work as it should but maybe I am wrong. I will be glad if somebody proves me that I am wrong.
Activity: 455
Merit: 102
As much as I see merit system is not much useful for now yet.Mostly people which know each one giving merit to each other and its very very hard to get +merit
Do not worry; you cannot expect a new system to just get in line all of a sudden and everyone embracing it. Over time, it would change and you will see a lot of constructive posters getting merit as long as they deserve. You just being constructive and you will end up being fine in the long run. The thing is that we lay so much emphasis on the whole merit idea and forget what it has helped to solve and most people who complain a lot about this merit system are even shit posters, so why on earth are they complaining?
Activity: 2422
Merit: 318
You are right, merit is made to filter out all the people who really deserve promotion and ignore the rest, according to them the benefits of buying is the way out but no, buying a service is a difficult thing to do because of the risk of trust. from moderator
Honestly, I wonder why the merit system has not been in place for a long time now. If you look at most threads now, you will know straight on as to how sanity has actually come to reign, and it is improving even the more over time as we keep seeing shit accounts with shit posts and lower alts getting bounced since they know the possibility of ranking up anyway is going to be hard. Anyone who ends up buying will be caught and that would be the end to their account.

I agree with you, but what do you think, how long it will take for you to become Sr. member?
Activity: 382
Merit: 100
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy
Pages:
Jump to: