Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit "trading" - buying and selling Bitcointalk merit - page 21. (Read 36191 times)

Activity: 184
Merit: 0
You are right, merit is made to filter out all the people who really deserve promotion and ignore the rest, according to them the benefits of buying is the way out but no, buying a service is a difficult thing to do because of the risk of trust. from moderator
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.

"Trading" merit will undermine this and render it eventually useless.

Keep contributing!

Maybe you are right but what is the sense of all those quality posts when they are all used to answer that question many times in a thread?  I'm against to spammers but I don't really believe that this changes will make it even better.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 318
Introducing some feature like smerit for benefiting the community is helping some top ranks to cash the opportunity, i would like to suggest admin/moderators  to come up with new feature some thing like like/dislike/favorite some post similar to smerit but every one was given few of those at first based on the rank and have some conditions similar to count/timer of posts at entry level, in that case there wont be feeling like you are left out and if you had donated smerit you may be not sure that you will recieve more at the same time.
I like the conception of meriting but not with the way of providing smerits.

Anorak forum has pretty good statistic...for example, here I share mining bios and get nothing, but on his forum
it records that my bios is downloaded 800 times and (despite people donated nothing) I got some medals for it...
its only for fluff, but could be used as better stat than merit...also have much more stats, like how
many times your links got clicked, how many likes your posts got etc

https://anorak.tech/u/branko/badges
Activity: 92
Introducing some feature like smerit for benefiting the community is helping some top ranks to cash the opportunity, i would like to suggest admin/moderators  to come up with new feature some thing like like/dislike/favorite some post similar to smerit but every one was given few of those at first based on the rank and have some conditions similar to count/timer of posts at entry level, in that case there wont be feeling like you are left out and if you had donated smerit you may be not sure that you will recieve more at the same time.
I like the conception of meriting but not with the way of providing smerits.
Activity: 98
Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.

Keep contributing!

Honestly, I have no money to buy a merit in bitcointalk. If I have, I don't want to spend for it. Just let someone give me if he/she interest about my post or comments. I still can collect some coin by Reddit, social campaign, or write in my blog. Still many choices to get some coins. So, just write something good for anyone in bitcointalk?! Just forget a merit?!

That sounds like the best option, beside brownnosing admins
It was no option... It seem like a hopeless and need so much. It was between of them... Sad

Keep contributing!

Honestly, I have no money to buy a merit in bitcointalk. If I have, I don't want to spend for it. Just let someone give me if he/she interest about my post or comments. I still can collect some coin by Reddit, social campaign, or write in my blog. Still many choices to get some coins. So, just write something good for anyone in bitcointalk?! Just forget a merit?!

That sounds like the best option, beside brownnosing admins
Activity: 98

Keep contributing!

Activity: 406
Merit: 251
I think a lot of useful things from smerit, especially the most important is to maintain the quality of writing from each account here, they must have contributed in this forum and not only make posts but can provide helpful or useful answers to questions asked and someone who have found the answer to their question, they will reward the answer.
besides the terrific smerit to prevent accounts being made for sale, those who create accounts for sales purposes will be useless because there smerit and maybe some of them already surrender.
but maybe there are some who cunning by selling their smerit
The problem is if you are a single poster on bitcointalk, you will rarely or even not get merits. Alt accounts will give merits to other main accounts. Or people will make deals to give merits to their group of participants. And of course will people start offering service or trading for giving merits.
Those people will get eventually caught, yes there are cheaters trying to manipulate the system but they will either get caught or at least their merits will run out so while they may have an advantage over the normal user of this forum that advantage cannot last forever and they will have to eventually earn their merits like everyone else and when they get to that point they will not earn a single merit.

Do you have any recommendations how to get merit? I made mining BIOS and gave it free as test, 330 downloads so far, 0 merit.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
The problem is if you are a single poster on bitcointalk, you will rarely or even not get merits. Alt accounts will give merits to other main accounts. Or people will make deals to give merits to their group of participants. And of course will people start offering service or trading for giving merits.
Those people will get eventually caught, yes there are cheaters trying to manipulate the system but they will either get caught or at least their merits will run out so while they may have an advantage over the normal user of this forum that advantage cannot last forever and they will have to eventually earn their merits like everyone else and when they get to that point they will not earn a single merit.
Activity: 322
Merit: 12
If people sell merits that means new members will be oppressed in that they won't have a fair opportunity to rank up as many did years ago. That will defeat the purpose of the merit system. I don't support  buying and selling of merits.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
The idea to trade merits for money is not going to be welcomed by most users as it
Will enable scammers look like trustworthy users.

I really think of buying and selling of bitcoin merit to be an unethical things as merit cannot be bought by money. This is something which needs to be earned and the ones who have earned this thing have done it after putting in the best of the best of their efforts and that they have burnt their midnight oil. This will be an injustice with them and that we all need to go against such kind of action.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
Don't do that, you will be banned or with bad (red) trust. Only way to get merits - post something useful.

Keep contributing!

I like and support this Merit system. Many users who don't post a good quality post but before Merit system all post count to be Post and given activity and easily ranked up. But Merit system scamming post should not consider under better quality Post. Only better quality post can be paid into Merit.

Quite contrary, almost noone gives merit for quality posts, only people that abused system and have multiple accounts
get a lot of merit because they trade it between alt accounts

Just look at notabatman on alt coin mining forum, guy made 100+ free bios-es to people, and got 1 merit for all that

Or this guy

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/srbpolaris-v35-bios-editor-for-amd-rx4xx-and-rx5xx-cards-1882656

thousands of people use his tool, and only me gave him merit
Activity: 980
Merit: 1

Keep contributing!

I like and support this Merit system. Many users who don't post a good quality post but before Merit system all post count to be Post and given activity and easily ranked up. But Merit system scamming post should not consider under better quality Post. Only better quality post can be paid into Merit.
Activity: 420
Merit: 171
Well, it really helps a lot to the forum but not all of the member of this forum consider it as a good feature to be implemented and most of them are butt hurt they get busted with there countless alternate accounts who continue to abuse signature campaigns. that is why some of them are being tagged because of there illegal way to receive and send merits.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Embracing the merit system as challenge to post constructive and meaningful post is an honor rather than keep whining about it.
Selling merits make others become weak to accept the challenge since they will just buy it at ease.
Activity: 6
The idea to trade merits for money is not going to be welcomed by most users as it
Will enable scammers look like trustworthy users.
Activity: 94
Merit: 5

Keep contributing!

I am also very interested in this sMerit, because this serves to raise the rank of the members of the forum. but I am very opposed to the existence of buying and selling sMerit because of this I consider cheating and do not have much knowledge

Activity: 546
Merit: 17
yes, I agree with your statement
services are made for it to judge post quality.
It's also worth making in a race so we can make a dam post better for other people.
There we get three advantages, first our quality so good. Secondly, we can get praise / award in the form of achievement and third achievement, we can raise the rank slowly.
So the benefits are not for sale that is traded.
Pages:
Jump to: