Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit "trading" - buying and selling Bitcointalk merit - page 23. (Read 36191 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 142
I have made some good and quality post but sill not receive any merit. Please keep distributing to help people like me can increase my rank.
If you are consistent in your posts and you bring quality to the forum you will eventually receive merits is not going to be easy but that was the whole point of introducing the system, it was too easy to rank up by just posting, now users need to prove their worth by creating quality posts, this means that ranking up will take longer than it did in the past but now those which rank up will truly deserve it.

Some times things go unnoticed because people are in a hurry or for their own reasons. But consistency and keep improving should be constant which will act as a zeal or will boost your post history and this will get the merit may be late be will be rewarded for sure. Also with the ranking now depending upon the merit + activity things will change for better and improve the forum a lot as well.
Activity: 133
Merit: 0
I have made some good and quality post but sill not receive any merit. Please keep distributing to help people like me can increase my rank.
If you are consistent in your posts and you bring quality to the forum you will eventually receive merits is not going to be easy but that was the whole point of introducing the system, it was too easy to rank up by just posting, now users need to prove their worth by creating quality posts, this means that ranking up will take longer than it did in the past but now those which rank up will truly deserve it.
i think my post is better, but still, no merit. in my experience through my view, in reality, no one will give merit to someone they don't know, like, you know it's useless, and no merit for you. i think merit system is good, but it really unfavorable to some people who don't have community or a lot of friends to give them merit. and soooooo,,, good post don't mean you can get merit, it's all about your relations and luck.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
Activity: 1596
Merit: 299
Buying and selling bitcoin merit is not a good idea the purpose of merit is to make quality and good constructive comments because some  of users are only posting because of the target post to be able to rankup and to receive payment from campaign.The merit shall be given to those who posted quality comments and topics.
Never a good idea and whoever ends up doing that or participating in such things should be banned straight up. Shit posting was becoming unbearable and appalling, knowing that we will always have investors looking for information, but instead it just seems like a joke forum at some point as you would not know whether to laugh at some posts or just puke on your PC. I really love the sanity it has brought and I hope it keeps on like this. Very brilliant of Theymos to come up with this idea.
Activity: 980
Merit: 523
I am of the believe that this Merit system shall in less than no time brings more and more sanity to the forum.[ The more, the meria ], and candidly, merit farmers, spam posters and even the so called "merit traders" shall continue and soon be fetched, bringing and resolving them into non existence at the long run or reduce them to bearest minimum. I can only suggest that every member just need to be free minded during their contribution in the forum, be cautious of abusive words, put up comprehended , compatible and constructive postings, naturally the merit shall come to their Account. The moderators at the same time should equally carry everybody along, not concentrating on our super heroes alone, though they merited it.
I completely agree with you.Nkw that the Bitcoin talk forum is.more popular and it seems many are doing "account farming" .The only way to stop this is by doing these kind of.innovative things . Although sadly I never seem to get any merit and I am not.sure why
Yeah! For instance, I bumped into this forum while searching on Google for some information and a very old post got my attention and the level of brilliance and intelligence I got from that thread alone made my day and I gained so much from it. That was exactly why this thread was created, but since the monetary aspect of it came, things changed and people started doing it just the wrong way. I wish the merit system was actually introduced a long time ago.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 318

Just did a flash reading on your post history but most of them are 1 liner. Which one(s) you think is the best posts you have ever made? Maybe you may ask some members that you know personally to make a review of your posts. If they think your posts deserves to get merit then they will give it to you. Keep on improving and dont give up.

Merit system didn't really caught up yet, for example over at Anorak forum I got tons of "hearts" for helping people with RX560 cards, but none here, for posts like:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rx-560-hashrates-2046072
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1310

Just did a flash reading on your post history but most of them are 1 liner. Which one(s) you think is the best posts you have ever made? Maybe you may ask some members that you know personally to make a review of your posts. If they think your posts deserves to get merit then they will give it to you. Keep on improving and dont give up.
Activity: 572
Merit: 250
We all hope that Theymos aim for creating the merit system; which is to bring sanity to the forum is achieved. Though alot of people dont like the system while some does. It will be impossible for anyone to sell a huge amount of merit without been noticed. Many peopIe here strive to get merits but I always tell people, do what you know how to do best; the merit will come on it own.
Contribution and learning was the main idea of the forum, and the monetary aspect just came in later on and got the attention of some people who would rather just drop any comment just for the sake of what they want to earn and I wonder how people live with that. The monetary aspect should just be more like a benefit for everyone, and the learning and contribution as the main thing. Anyone caught trading merit though, I am sure already know the outcome of that by now.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 102
Merit was made to determine one's post quality.
If someone buys and sells merit it means that he abuses the system.
I can guess that Merit trading is forbidden and those who try to trade Merit will probably get their thread to be deleted.

Merit also very helpful as it gives users the option to thank other users for their posts.
An ability that wasn't available before.

Yes, people are misleading the system and want to trade the merits to become higher level but they are not finding that they will be tagged with red trust. We have to be very careful with the merit system because we need to encourage a quality by supporting them with some merits.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 357
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
And it looks like a bunch of guys are abusing it as well. But just like most of the posters here says, sooner or later the full hands of the law will fall on you.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/more-mass-merit-farming-3024695

So let this be a lesson that trading/abusing merit will not work. In the end it will bite you in the ass and its gonna hurt as you will be negged for it and your account totally worthless.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
Merit buying and selling on bitcointalk I think is not feasible because it will happen negatively. Merit is born to avoid alt account. So if you are willing to trade Merit, then the alt account status will happen again. So, in my opinion, Merit trading should not be accepted in this forum. Everybody needs quality and useful content to be able to earn a Merit amount to upgrade their rank.
Activity: 882
Merit: 297
Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.

"Trading" merit will undermine this and render it eventually useless.

Keep contributing!

The concept is good introduced but as always their will be good and bad results because their will always be loop hole which bad users will always find to manipulate it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Merit is made to reduce low quality post, and it is good thing it will make the forum more interesting.
Earning merit is very hard earn, you have to put more effort in all of your post, thays why some people here are doing different things just to ean merit, like buying of it. I hope all post with sense should give merit because not all of us are good in constructing a sentence in english or diff. Language.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1870
many merit services are available today ,, but I think this is not effective ,, many of the posts are not qualified but they are given merit ,, I was hesitant with the services they make ,, whether it is true or only their alt accounts that in berit merit ,, it is interesting to see this merit system works
Which merit service ? If you see someone abusing merits you should report it to the Meta section. Also there are different merit services (for art,newbies etc) and they have different requirements in giving out merits. Don't be hesitant to submit posts because there's nothing to lose by sharing them plus you might learn something on how to improve it.

Do not play with the service because it can not be bought, now many people who trust to share services with friends, merit will only be given when our submissions are useful for others
Not only for others it could also be for everyone.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
many merit services are available today ,, but I think this is not effective ,, many of the posts are not qualified but they are given merit ,, I was hesitant with the services they make ,, whether it is true or only their alt accounts that in berit merit ,, it is interesting to see this merit system works
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
People who like new system the most are those that ranked up a day before new system was introduced

People who dislike it the most are those that were 1 day away from ranking up before it was introduced

Lucky those who are here for years now but it’s still a good opportunity for a newbie to prove themselves that they also deserved to ranked up. Trading merits are prohibited but if you think he also deserve some merit then there’s no problem on that as long as its reasonable. Let’s just adopt the new system and start working with a good one.
Activity: 167
Merit: 0
Do not play with the service because it can not be bought, now many people who trust to share services with friends, merit will only be given when our submissions are useful for others
Activity: 70
Merit: 12
We all hope that Theymos aim for creating the merit system; which is to bring sanity to the forum is achieved. Though alot of people dont like the system while some does. It will be impossible for anyone to sell a huge amount of merit without been noticed. Many peopIe here strive to get merits but I always tell people, do what you know how to do best; the merit will come on it own.
Normally, those who are here to learn and contribute absolutely prefers the merit system while those who their main aim is just to come make some quick bucks are the ones who will not prefer it as they will end up stuck in one position with their shit posting. However, some may feel it is not fair, since we still have some legendary shitposters anyway, but life generally is not fair, and looking at the good side of it all, at least, it has brought some sanity.

Yes it definitely brought back some sanity to the forum and this is a very good thing. It would have been a shame if it would have drowned in meaningless posts by people trying to grow accounts for commercial purposes.

And its also true that especially for lower ranks it has become more difficult to rank up and a few older members have started their own initiatives in offering to reward good posts accordingly.

It will probably all just take a few weeks of adjusting and re-adjusting until everything runs smoothly and *everyone* is happy! :-)
Activity: 2422
Merit: 318
People who like new system the most are those that ranked up a day before new system was introduced

People who dislike it the most are those that were 1 day away from ranking up before it was introduced
Pages:
Jump to: