Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit "trading" - buying and selling Bitcointalk merit - page 22. (Read 36191 times)

Activity: 2422
Merit: 318
My only problem with the system is that people who was 1 week away to next rank must gather months worth of Merit, couldn't be more unfair.

I don't see people giving each other merit.

I had proposal that they don't give flat default merit based on your current level but also how CLOSE you're
to next one, but of course, I got bashed hard by people that just leveled...someone with account
3 days older than mine is sr. member now with 250 merit, and I'm full member with 105 (default 100
at day of merit invention) and based on current rate, I need 3 years to get next rank
Activity: 322
Merit: 21
My only problem with the system is that people who was 1 week away to next rank must gather months worth of Merit, couldn't be more unfair.

The problem in this merit system is the merit count that you can send to others is very limited ( specially when you have a low rank account when the time merit system invented ). What if theymos update this kind of merit system, atleast adding 1 smerit everyday (sendable merit). Like my rank, I send my merit to someone worth it, that's why I don't have smerit even I see a quality post while browsing here in bitcointalk.org.

Hoping that this message can caught the attention of the Admin theymos.

What do you think?
Activity: 294
Merit: 17

Activity: 336
Merit: 13
★ Italian Translator ★
I think the introduction of this system was a good decision since many people are way too eager to rank up and sometimes they post just for the sake of posting without really feeling the need to add something to the discussion. At the same time though I think this system is not very fair to new members. Newbies and Jr. Members are often treated poorly and not taken seriously, not many people will ever consider giving merit to a Newbie for example. I recently discovered the crypto community and now I'm here to stay so this thing won't affect me too much but from what I've seen merits are not always given fairly
I have made some good and quality post but sill not receive any merit. Please keep distributing to help people like me can increase my rank.
If you are consistent in your posts and you bring quality to the forum you will eventually receive merits is not going to be easy but that was the whole point of introducing the system, it was too easy to rank up by just posting, now users need to prove their worth by creating quality posts, this means that ranking up will take longer than it did in the past but now those which rank up will truly deserve it.

Exactly, it is completely based on the quality of post we are making. Many people are in hurry to rank up with the previous system and now only people who have little patience will surely reach to higher rank but they need to remember one thing i.e Quality Posts.

nerdralph over at alt mining subforum has best posts about memory timings, and doctor83 made best editor
for AMD bios-es...both got virtually zero merit so far
notabatman made more than 100 bios-es for free, he got 1 merit so far
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
I have made some good and quality post but sill not receive any merit. Please keep distributing to help people like me can increase my rank.
If you are consistent in your posts and you bring quality to the forum you will eventually receive merits is not going to be easy but that was the whole point of introducing the system, it was too easy to rank up by just posting, now users need to prove their worth by creating quality posts, this means that ranking up will take longer than it did in the past but now those which rank up will truly deserve it.

Exactly, it is completely based on the quality of post we are making. Many people are in hurry to rank up with the previous system and now only people who have little patience will surely reach to higher rank but they need to remember one thing i.e Quality Posts.

advise you need to write to get the merits

You get merit from other people and it adds up and shows below your name in posts

But you also get (at least I got when they introduced it) 10 free merit that you give to other people
(and if I understood it right, it refills from time to time, or maybe based on merit you get, so more
you get, more you can give, or something like that)
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
how to get merins? you need to ask those who have ranks above Huh? give me please Merin???
Stop begging because you have to work for it. Make a constructive posts because if you are deserving, users who notice your post will definitely give you merit even you dont ask for it.

The problem is if you are a single poster on bitcointalk, you will rarely or even not get merits. Alt accounts will give merits to other main accounts. Or people will make deals to give merits to their group of participants. And of course will people start offering service or trading for giving merits.
This is really happening but should not be tolerated because its against for the main purpose why theymos implement this system.
who wants to part with the merins? everyone will keep them for themselves. If they hardly get, then they will not want to part with them

Its meriT, stop saying meriN Cheesy

You get some to give away, that does NOT affect your own merit

advise you need to write to get the merits
how to get merins? you need to ask those who have ranks above Huh? give me please Merin???
Stop begging because you have to work for it. Make a constructive posts because if you are deserving, users who notice your post will definitely give you merit even you dont ask for it.

The problem is if you are a single poster on bitcointalk, you will rarely or even not get merits. Alt accounts will give merits to other main accounts. Or people will make deals to give merits to their group of participants. And of course will people start offering service or trading for giving merits.
This is really happening but should not be tolerated because its against for the main purpose why theymos implement this system.
who wants to part with the merins? everyone will keep them for themselves. If they hardly get, then they will not want to part with them

Its meriT, stop saying meriN Cheesy

You get some to give away, that does NOT affect your own merit

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

I don't think complaining will get you any merit...

Start contributing and write constructive and informative posts and you will receive the recognition that's deserved. This is why the system was introduced in the first place.

I'm mostly in the altcoin mining subforum, and (not judging by MY merit, but by how much other people there got)
I can say that so far its not working
Activity: 70
Merit: 12

I don't think complaining will get you any merit...

Start contributing and write constructive and informative posts and you will receive the recognition that's deserved. This is why the system was introduced in the first place.
Activity: 336
Merit: 103
Activity: 742
Merit: 144

Oohh upon checking your history post I don’t see any quality post because thats all about bounty. Hey! If you really want to have merit work for it, don’t blame people if you receive nothing on what you think is quality post, as I can see its quiet different. Don’t trade merit because someone is working on that and if you caught on that action, you will face some punishment, he’s working on it. now let your merit comes from hard works.

I'm not implying anything but I do make some basis when it comes to post quality. No matter what would be the topic it depends on users discretion and it doesn't depend on my own view.We are on a forum and everyone can post regarding into their views shilling or not but even just into your observation a post wont really get any merit if its not really worth at all.This is the thing I would like to mean not on the content that have been created or implying.

OK, you can say this post

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--2599900

didn't get any merit, but do you think its constructive in any way, and promotes good spirit?
Activity: 2926
Merit: 722

Some times things go unnoticed because people are in a hurry or for their own reasons. But consistency and keep improving should be constant which will act as a zeal or will boost your post history and this will get the merit may be late be will be rewarded for sure. Also with the ranking now depending upon the merit + activity things will change for better and improve the forum a lot as well.

Just look at to this user https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/nullius-976210 . I'm totally impressed with this guy when it comes to post quality and merits he do earn do really deserves him.If we do try to look at each post.It do really have corresponding research and totally helpful and relevant to each thread that he quoted on which it do really deserve a merit.We should really not on a hurry or just focusing yourself on how to earn it but rather minding on posting with the best as you can. Might not caught attention directly but sooner or later it would be recognize if the community would see its worth it.

So you're implying that the best way to earn merit is to shill Bitcoin and downgrade everything else?
I'm not implying anything but I do make some basis when it comes to post quality. No matter what would be the topic it depends on users discretion and it doesn't depend on my own view.We are on a forum and everyone can post regarding into their views shilling or not but even just into your observation a post wont really get any merit if its not really worth at all.This is the thing I would like to mean not on the content that have been created or implying.

Some times things go unnoticed because people are in a hurry or for their own reasons. But consistency and keep improving should be constant which will act as a zeal or will boost your post history and this will get the merit may be late be will be rewarded for sure. Also with the ranking now depending upon the merit + activity things will change for better and improve the forum a lot as well.

Just look at to this user https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/nullius-976210 . I'm totally impressed with this guy when it comes to post quality and merits he do earn do really deserves him.If we do try to look at each post.It do really have corresponding research and totally helpful and relevant to each thread that he quoted on which it do really deserve a merit.We should really not on a hurry or just focusing yourself on how to earn it but rather minding on posting with the best as you can. Might not caught attention directly but sooner or later it would be recognize if the community would see its worth it.

So you're implying that the best way to earn merit is to shill Bitcoin and downgrade everything else?
Activity: 2926
Merit: 722

Pages:
Jump to: