Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 280. (Read 835509 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I'm using SMOS for quite a bit time, and pretty happy about it.

Last 5 months I have not touched anything and today I have checked status and I see that one GPU is not listed, I can't see for how long it is offline at the pool or at SMOS.

There is probably something dead or needs to be checked, but since rig is far away from me I will do it later.

My question is: Will there be an option to send report by mail about offline rigs or changes in configurations?

Thanks!

would be nice to have a monitor - it's why i haven't switched over from windows yet. no monitoring.

i do like that it was literally plug and play for the drivers, booted up and found all 6 GPU's right away.

With windows it does take more time for the initial, have to download nvidia driver updates, then 90% of the time I have to plug in 1 card at a time, reboot till it reads all 6. BUT once you do that, there's tons of miner monitors and haven't had 1 single issue with win10 in the past year, so still on the fence migrating farm to smos.

use SRR system with smOS for 24x7x365 mining
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
guys can you tell me how to fix this error:

"failed to set new fan speed check if miner has root access"

I have 3 x rx 580 8gb nitro plus
Activity: 4
would be nice to have a monitor - it's why i haven't switched over from windows yet. no monitoring.

To monitor something, as watching speed, status, temperature, there is an awesome interface in SMOS.
I think that you are talking about "reporting" and not "monitoring"?
Activity: 350
Merit: 100

Last 5 months I have not touched anything and today I have checked status and I see that one GPU is not listed, I can't see for how long it is offline at the pool or at SMOS.

There is probably something dead or needs to be checked, but since rig is far away from me I will do it later.

My question is: Will there be an option to send report by mail about offline rigs or changes in configurations?

Thanks!

i do like that it was literally plug and play for the drivers, booted up and found all 6 GPU's right away.

With windows it does take more time for the initial, have to download nvidia driver updates, then 90% of the time I have to plug in 1 card at a time, reboot till it reads all 6. BUT once you do that, there's tons of miner monitors and haven't had 1 single issue with win10 in the past year, so still on the fence migrating farm to smos.
Activity: 4

Thanks!
Activity: 6
excuse me.

I was previously an ethos user, and I just want to switch to smos.
I already paid deposit fee.
why the media that I give smos is always not readable in the bios? so i can not boot to smos.

I've tried to use flash, ssd & hdd the results are also the same, when I fill the smos is always not readable by bios.

I've tried using various software, such as: hddraw copy, etcher, rufus. but the result remains the same as above.

what's the solution?

hardware specifications:
motherboard asus b250 mining expert
vga 12pcs x rx 580
ram 8 giga.
psu 2 x corsair ax1200i
procie intel g4400

after and before thank you very much.

CSM has to be enabled, go to the advanced mode and enable it in the boot section.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Isn't it possible to create an option to allow us to add a specific miner if we want? I mean, the installed cc miner for instance is terrible for some algos...

you can do this. through SSH you can go in and install whatever custom miner you want. If it's that important to you then spend a couple hours, and it'll happen Smiley

I think you are missing point.  Going in through SSH and installing a new miner is not so simple, is it?  And there really isn't an excuse to still be running CCminer-tpruvot 2.1 when it is up to v2.2.3; at least update it to 2.2.2.

The ccminer with Skunk kernel is v2.2
i made a deposit yesterday, still my balance not being added yet..
i sent you email twice and still no answer..
always have a problem with deposit so far..  Sad
Activity: 55
Isn't it possible to create an option to allow us to add a specific miner if we want? I mean, the installed cc miner for instance is terrible for some algos...

you can do this. through SSH you can go in and install whatever custom miner you want. If it's that important to you then spend a couple hours, and it'll happen Smiley
Activity: 218
hello
i just test simplemining
i would like to make ethereum + pascal
i don't see example
i mine on nanopool
when i generate a data on windows it ok but when i boot on simplemining i don't now have you a sample usage
thanks in advance

-wd 1 -r 1 -epool eth-eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal $walletETH.$rigName -epsw x -allpools 1 -mode 0 -estale 0 -etha 0  -asm 1 -ethi 16  -dcoin pasc -dpool pasc-us-east1.nanopool.org:15555 -dwal 86646.af8a25f72970604.rig1/[email protected] -dpsw x 

This will work. Just change the email and address for Pascal to yours. Also I always use the -dcri to control the intensity and max eth hashrate.
Activity: 8
hey there tytanick, do you have an eta on the extension board ? i would really like to get one Smiley
let me know mate! cheers!
Activity: 3
hello
i just test simplemining
i would like to make ethereum + pascal
i don't see example
i mine on nanopool
when i generate a data on windows it ok but when i boot on simplemining i don't now have you a sample usage
thanks in advance
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
Temp readout is only displaying 1 GPU fan temp, on mouse hover over it does display them all. Did I do something wrong?

The dashboard was updated this is normal I think it's showing the highest temp of all cards

dashboard v3030
added messaging system with news
support ticket system integrated with [email protected]
compacted view in rig list core/mem/fan fields for better redability
focus into field after clicking on RENAME
added sorting into Assig Group alphabetically
added SELECT ALL RIGS on rig list
added temperature coloring to yellow if at least one GPU has 78+ C and red with 85+ C
Activity: 350
Temp readout is only displaying 1 GPU fan temp, on mouse hover over it does display them all. Did I do something wrong?
Activity: 49
Thank you for these consistent improvements, Tytanick! My SmOS rigs are running stable on 10.2, while my Windows rigs have been down for over 10 hours because Nicehash was perhaps hacked... internal wallet  (gulp).  Shocked

Awesome Tytanick! I have been using SMOS for several months now and just wanted to say thanks! It really has been flawless and works better than any of the other linux based mining OS's out there.
Great job and keep up the great work!
Yeah thx.
Still it is getting to be more and more complicated to mantain from my point of view Cheesy
Linux is better over winows in mater of server usage/mass mining usage.
Still linux rapped in simplemining box is more user friendly becasue i know how hard is for average user to start with linux Smiley
Also there is merging one more operating system which ended their ICO - its EasyMine and they are in closed beta stage.
Could be very similar project to mine. They are also from Poland but i never talked with them.

I am currently focusing from month on Extension Boards and SRR new firmware.
It will have a lot more features and some rare bugs fixed Smiley

About adding new miners, i really dont want to add every single miner out there.
It is already too much of them so i am adding slowly only those which are most wanted like DSTM or new claymore versions.
more miners = more mess = more complicated.
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
I've been using SMOS ever since you added NvOS and it's been great. I think Linux is a much better choice than Windows when it comes to mining. It is so much easier to overclock and test on linux.

About adding new miners, while I do agree with keeping the number of options small to keep it simple, I think it would be good to retire older versions of miners that people aren't using as well if you keep usage statistics. This should reduce a good amount of clutter.

Other than that good job and best of luck.

I vote for dropping legacy versions maybe keep the latest 2 versions at most or allow users to choose the version as a dropdown menu rather than just a large list of different miners and versions
Activity: 15
I've been using SMOS ever since you added NvOS and it's been great. I think Linux is a much better choice than Windows when it comes to mining. It is so much easier to overclock and test on linux.

About adding new miners, while I do agree with keeping the number of options small to keep it simple, I think it would be good to retire older versions of miners that people aren't using as well if you keep usage statistics. This should reduce a good amount of clutter.

Other than that good job and best of luck.
Activity: 12
sometimes I think it would be better if nothing was updated .. after updating my farms are rebooted every 10 seconds
Activity: 881
Merit: 502
Thank you, it was very good and needed updates. Now I run DSTM and have around %1.5 more hashrate.
Also some website control become easier (Fan speed, color etc) thanks again
Awesome Tytanick! I have been using SMOS for several months now and just wanted to say thanks! It really has been flawless and works better than any of the other linux based mining OS's out there.
Great job and keep up the great work!
Yeah thx.
Still it is getting to be more and more complicated to mantain from my point of view Cheesy
Linux is better over winows in mater of server usage/mass mining usage.
Still linux rapped in simplemining box is more user friendly becasue i know how hard is for average user to start with linux Smiley
Also there is merging one more operating system which ended their ICO - its EasyMine and they are in closed beta stage.
Could be very similar project to mine. They are also from Poland but i never talked with them.

I am currently focusing from month on Extension Boards and SRR new firmware.
It will have a lot more features and some rare bugs fixed Smiley

About adding new miners, i really dont want to add every single miner out there.
It is already too much of them so i am adding slowly only those which are most wanted like DSTM or new claymore versions.
more miners = more mess = more complicated.

All this is very good, except that some of the most basic algorithms, such as NeoScrypt, are not covered in the SMOS. Which adversely affects when there are profitable coins at the moment, and there is nothing to gain, while the transition to Windows takes a lot of time and effort to change and adjust the rig.
Jump to: