Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 284. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Hello,

Is it possible to mod my gpu bios under simpleminingOS?
I will Backup my Stock bios and edit it only with a strap copy to a higher one.

Or it is only possible under Windows?

Best Regards
Willi

Yes, it's very possible. Lots of posts about it in this exact thread, specifically around this post:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18083576
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Also has anyone found a solution to the H110 btc pro + crashing multiple times a day?

Never saw a solution or tytanick addressing it after posting here multiple times. Others had the same issue. Gave up checking the thread after a while.

I saw Voskcoin's video on mentioning the electrical tape around the pcie adapters which stops them from touching and shorting out. Thought that must've been it but tried it and the rig still crashes multiple times a day.
Not sure if this has anything to do with smOS but would love to hear if someone found a solution.

edit: This only happens once you run around 11+ GPUs. Doesn't crash with 6 on same mb.
Activity: 67
Setup: Asrock h110 pro + - 1070s

Question: Anyone else get their first 2 GPUs running low in mem & core? See pic:

https://imgur.com/a/afct1

I'm assuming that individually adjusting the OC setting and boosting the first 2 may resolve it. Will try tomorrow and update.
Anyone else have this or know what could cause it?

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
Hello,

Is it possible to mod my gpu bios under simpleminingOS?
I will Backup my Stock bios and edit it only with a strap copy to a higher one.

Or it is only possible under Windows?

Best Regards
Willi
Activity: 165
Request: Asus B250 Mining 19 GPU motherboard is a great one for mining.  The system reboot does not work though, it goes to 2 hash rate.  You have to manually shut down and turn on, and move to different usb slot.  Please try to fix.

i have the same problem, but i don't need to change the usb port.. just have to shutdown the rig completely and turn it on again..
i'm not sure that smos the main problem here, i'd try the hiveos.farm just to make sure its not the os problem.

Can you guys confirm that all 19 GPU's are working for you on SMOS? are all 19 nvidia or amd, or must be mixed?
What PC config we need for that amount of GPU's ?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Hey guys I put together a basic tutorial if anyone is more of a visual learner with this stuff like I am, hope it helps! Thanks for the sweet OS
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-how-to-setup-and-use-smos-simple-miner-easiest-mining-os-2505528 thread with some of it broken down and video below

https://youtu.be/A8EF8gjItp4
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
anyone is like me? More than 8 hours later my Dwarfpool profile is not updated

I was mining and I am mining and nathing...

See if you have eth addres WITHOUT 0x .
Dwarfpool need eth address without 0x at the beginning (it is the most common problem)
Activity: 7
anyone is like me? More than 8 hours later my Dwarfpool profile is not updated

I was mining and I am mining and nathing...

https://i.imgur.com/2cHv2Q1.png
https://i.imgur.com/S1j77cy.png
Activity: 36
Just returned my h110 pro btc, no display from internal or external graphics. Tried cmos clean and everything else but no result. Think it has faulty but others hade theres one working fine. Did yours start ok on the first try? Cheers

I have 3 miners running on H110 with a total of 39 GPU. no issues. runs great.

May I ask how much ram do you install in your 13-gpus rig ?
Could I use 4gb ram or should I use 8gb or 16gb ram ?

and any recommendation for cpu or they all do the same ?

Thank you.

I have 8GB in them, 4 might be ok, but I didn't want to chance it.

for CPU I put i3 into the first one, and then Pentium G4400 in the next two, same performance.

For GPU I had some Zotac 1070 for a while, but then the fans started failing on all of them, so I returned them to Amazon. I now have a mixture of rx580 cards, 4gb/8gb XFX, MSI, Powercolor, etc. etc. they all perform similarly depending on the RAM lottery (samsung and elpida perform about 1 Mh faster on eth than Hynix.

Thank you for your detail  Smiley
I have no idea how you guys did it. I have 2 other rigs with Asus MB but this h110 it s a pain.
Activity: 88
Just returned my h110 pro btc, no display from internal or external graphics. Tried cmos clean and everything else but no result. Think it has faulty but others hade theres one working fine. Did yours start ok on the first try? Cheers

Thank you.

for CPU I put i3 into the first one, and then Pentium G4400 in the next two, same performance.

For GPU I had some Zotac 1070 for a while, but then the fans started failing on all of them, so I returned them to Amazon. I now have a mixture of rx580 cards, 4gb/8gb XFX, MSI, Powercolor, etc. etc. they all perform similarly depending on the RAM lottery (samsung and elpida perform about 1 Mh faster on eth than Hynix.

Thank you for your detail  Smiley
Activity: 55

Thank you.

Activity: 49
Both G3900 and 4400 have integrated graphics, so make sure you can post without any GPU's installed first. Any PCIE slot will work for mining because it only requires a single lane, PCIEx1.

If it can't even get to post on internal or discrete GPU and on different MB, there is a problem with the build. What CPU did you install?

Thank you.
I tried with 4,8,16 gb Ram and everything else but don t get display from internal or external graphics. Got a replacement for it but still nothing. I m starting to think I m to blame:)
Hi. G3900 and 4400. In the manual:" use PCIE 2" . I ve read that others used a diferent PCIE slot and it worked. I'm going to give it one more try and if not, Asus Z270 A Smiley
Activity: 3
Hi!!! Is possible to include in the next update OptiminerEquihash https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/optiminerequihash-210-supporting-zcash-bitcoin-gold-minexcoin-zero-2390070 for use on Minexcoin?? I think this be a good update. Thanks in advance!!!
If it can't even get to post on internal or discrete GPU and on different MB, there is a problem with the build. What CPU did you install?

Thank you.
I tried with 4,8,16 gb Ram and everything else but don t get display from internal or external graphics. Got a replacement for it but still nothing. I m starting to think I m to blame:)
Hi. G3900 and 4400. In the manual:" use PCIE 2" . I ve read that others used a diferent PCIE slot and it worked. I'm going to give it one more try and if not, Asus Z270 A Smiley
Activity: 11
hi,
what do you think about dstm's ZCash Cuda miner ? https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-dstms-zcash-equihash-nvidia-miner-v062-linux-windows-2021765

would be possible to add it to simpleminig?

thank you
Activity: 88
I use 4gb, asrock 110 + 12 cards. And the cheapest celeron I found.

What graphic cards are you using ? (could you plz specify in detail of brand, type, memory ?)

I am going to build a rig running smOS with 12x or 13x of ASUS dual gtx 1060 3gb OC (o3g) gpus, should 4gb memory and pentium g4560 be enough ?

Thank you
Activity: 49

Thank you.
Activity: 1
Hello new to the forum, currently using h110 pro btc 13gpu board with 12 GTX 1060's. Been running great for the last 3 weeks, was wondering if anyone was having issues overclocking the memory? I can set fan levels, and power limit but I notice memory and core don't change. any help would be appreciated

Thank you.
Activity: 2
Hi guys,

Somebody know when will we can mine whit rxvega in SMOS? Some new about this?? Huh Cry

Thank you very much!

Jump to: