Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 409. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I have to say I REALLY like SMOS. Cannot wait for overclocking for NVIDIA, will migrate all my GTX 1070 Windows 10 rigs to this. Would also like to get the reboot, SRR controller. And that SMOS based on Ubuntu LTS is probably a good thing.

I have a mix of GTX 1070 (Windows 10, 4 rigs 8 cards each) and RX 570 (SMOS, 1 rig, 8 cards). For my RX 570 rig, I tried Windows 10, ethOS, PIMP, and after painful troubleshooting I couldn't get it working quite right. Either the cards were not all recognized, driver issues, I got the cards working but couldn't overclock. Last resort I tried SMOS - recognized all my RX 570 cards in one go and was hashing with ethermine pool in about 15 minutes. It took me another 1-2 hours to get the overclocking settings right, mainly because my cards were acting funny and I had to set them each individually. No idea why, they're all the same cards (Sapphire Nitro+). I'm using Claymore, ethereum only. I'm only getting ~196 mhs with the 8x Sapphire Nitro+ cards, same as I was getting in Windows 10 (no OC, and running @ 1700 watts!). I tried adjusting the bios timing straps, didn't work. Think there's something with these cards, not thrilled with them.

For my 4 Windows 10 GTX 1070 rigs, stability is OK on 3 of them, but not great, still needs occasional resetting/reboots. Tuned, I'm getting ~240 mhs @ 1200W on each. On one of them stability is terrible, 2-3 times a day I have to restart the miner or the rig. Curious how SMOS would work with GTX 1070, I switched my Windows 10 HD with one I prepped with SMOS for NVIDIA. Same as above, recognized all 8 cards, and was up and mining with ethermine pool in 10 minutes.

@ Power Limit 70 I'm ~209 mhs. This was the same without the Power Limit set, so not sure if it did anything (I didn't measure watts without it set). This is down from the ~240 mhs I was getting in Windows 10 (with overclock settings). With Power Limit 70 I'm @ ~1320 watts. About 120 watts higher than what I was running in Windows 10. I'll likely leave this rig as SMOS because of the instability on Windows 10 even though hash rate is lower and power consumption is higher. It's probably offset from the rig downtime.

Then we just need an Android/iOS app!
Activity: 269
Merit: 101
What is the ETA on nvidia overclocking abilities?

Thanks!
Activity: 72
Merit: 17
Hi Guys!
Can anyone tell me where the log files are in SimpleMining?
Thanks
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Hey, you need a setting that allows different rigs to mine different coins.
Make it so I can assign each rig it's own individual mining-program (claymore-eth-v9.5, claymore-zec-v12.5, ewbf-0.3.4b, etc.....).
Right now I need two accounts to mine Ethereum and Zcash at the same time.

Please help and hurry I don't like using two accounts as I keep having to login and sign out, not to mention managing the fees you recently added on both accounts.

Have to agree with this, even if I dislike the way it has been asked. (btw nice vids @AngryChicken)
Activity: 1
Hey, you need a setting that allows different rigs to mine different coins.
Make it so I can assign each rig it's own individual mining-program (claymore-eth-v9.5, claymore-zec-v12.5, ewbf-0.3.4b, etc.....).
Right now I need two accounts to mine Ethereum and Zcash at the same time.

Please help and hurry I don't like using two accounts as I keep having to login and sign out, not to mention managing the fees you recently added on both accounts.
Activity: 39
Hello guys

i would like set up my mining rig with dual mining Could anyone give me a config for mining eth+sia coin on dwarfpool??
Or explain to me how to do it? Thank you
Activity: 11
hi

how to change dwarfpool to ethpool in claymore 9.5? Huh
Activity: 49

Until there is a built in OC, is it possible to OC via Claymore for NV? -cclock/-mclock option?

OK how do I get to party with beta version?

Check DL links for NV Beta

Where abouts?  Dlow link points to alpha image on smos website
Activity: 15
Hey, this last update knocked my rigs out of commission.
I'm running xfx RX 580s. Would reflashing the drive possibly fix this?
I've removed any OC from the cards on the smOS side and changed miners, upped the power, but no luck.
The rigs just restart indefinitely

I'm not sure what to do and I'd hate to go back to ethOS (ugh).

Thanks in advance to any help
Merit: 10
I have an issue with low performance and big fluctuations on asus RX 470 Strix cards.

Hashes vary between 20 and 26. 1035/1900 with 1625 straps.

Anyone has a similar issue

Sapphire rx 470 cards, samsung work wonderfully

Stop abusing your poor GDDR5, and put 1750 back on them. You'll clock higher, MORE than making up for the slight (VERY slight) gain you get by fucking them so hard with 1625.

Thanks for the tip. I get I should try the same for my Sapphires too (I have them on 1625)... is it right?

Checking the bioses I saw that Asus has very low max tdp (95 watt) while sapphire have 130! Do you think there could be a throttling issue and I should increase tdp in bios?
Activity: 569
Merit: 507
is there a step by step guide somewhere? I didn't see it in the first couple of pages. saw there's a video, but was really looking forward to text step by step.
thanks in advance

Until there is a built in OC, is it possible to OC via Claymore for NV? -cclock/-mclock option?

Check DL links for NV Beta
Activity: 49
I run the Nvidia beta on a 8 1060 Rig.
Had many issues with other OS but it was almost flawless: Two bugs
1/ On a Asus z270 Prime-A I can only use the M2 connector from the top (crash with the lower one)
2/ I have no display with the 1st card, I have to plug to the on board HDMI to have display

Can't wait to get OC settings !!!

my two card rig is solid on beta

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
1/ On a Asus z270 Prime-A I can only use the M2 connector from the top (crash with the lower one)
2/ I have no display with the 1st card, I have to plug to the on board HDMI to have display

my two card rig is solid on beta
Activity: 218
https://deeponion.org
Hello guys i have problem. Today i start with simple mining but i have view problem .. Well my question is there is any chance at simplemining OS do some -voltage ?

At windows 146 mh/s + in msi afterburner i can make - 100 voltage then my card drop from 85 Vol to 73 Vol and work stable with this result 669 Wats at wall

When i go to simplemining i have litle low hasrate 144 mh/s but more power ussage 765 Wats at wall. Because i cant find option to do -voltage

Does anybody can help where i can reduce voltage at simplemining OS ?? to make similar like windows power ussage ?

Regards all miners !
Activity: 52
Having a weird problem trying to get started with smos. I've tried two different emails in the config file. One, the end gets cut off when smos loads, and then other just shows as "binary" on the startup screen.

Activity: 156
Hey there,

need some help:

"Unable to lock source device. Make sure you do not have open files on this device and try again."

Where is the problem with my usb stick?

cheers
Merit: 10
I have an issue with low performance and big fluctuations on asus RX 470 Strix cards.

Hashes vary between 20 and 26. 1035/1900 with 1625 straps.

Anyone has a similar issue

Sapphire rx 470 cards, samsung work wonderfully
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Can I run both AMD and Nvidia cards in the same rig with the new alpha nvidia SMOS? I have a rig that's only half full with 580s and would like to fill the rest with nvidia cards if possible

Technically the new alpha nvidia os will do both.
I ran a 1080ti and rx470 all night on eth and it did just fine.
But you can have stability issues since nvidia and amd drivers don't play well together
Jump to: