Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 405. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 319
Merit: 100
Please add NVidia GTX 10...  Smiley Cool Cry
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
So i have read a majority of this thread and done some troubleshooting but i still cannot get my new rig working.  It will sometimes mine and i will start adjusting settings and then out of no where it will hang at starting miner when i reboot.  So i go back to standard settings try again and it still hangs.  I adjust some more sometimes it runs sometimes it just hangs.

Setup:
MSI Z270A-Pro (With recommened bios settings per tytanick and is the latest version)
8GB Ram
6x RX580 (with modded bios)
Powered Risers

Troubleshooting:
I have all the proper bios settings recommended by this thread.  I even tried changing settings around to un-recommended.  I tried writing a new flash drive with the OS.  I swapped out all risers twice, I moved around cards to different slots, checked power for everything.  Tried running just 5 cards tried running just 4 cards.  I was using a Portable wireless access point for wired connection so i moved the rig and hard wired it straight to the router. Have tried Different Claymore versions as well.

At a loss here any help would be greatly appreciated.

PSU?

enough juice for all 6 cards?

6 modded cards = around 900-1000watts (no dual mining)

you need at least good PSU of 1200w
Activity: 3
So i have read a majority of this thread and done some troubleshooting but i still cannot get my new rig working.  It will sometimes mine and i will start adjusting settings and then out of no where it will hang at starting miner when i reboot.  So i go back to standard settings try again and it still hangs.  I adjust some more sometimes it runs sometimes it just hangs.

Setup:
MSI Z270A-Pro (With recommened bios settings per tytanick and is the latest version)
8GB Ram
6x RX580 (with modded bios)
Powered Risers

Troubleshooting:
I have all the proper bios settings recommended by this thread.  I even tried changing settings around to un-recommended.  I tried writing a new flash drive with the OS.  I swapped out all risers twice, I moved around cards to different slots, checked power for everything.  Tried running just 5 cards tried running just 4 cards.  I was using a Portable wireless access point for wired connection so i moved the rig and hard wired it straight to the router. Have tried Different Claymore versions as well.

At a loss here any help would be greatly appreciated.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Tytanick --- I noticed that NVIDIA image is now 16gb image... looks like this will be single image for AMD and NVIDIA?

Hope you can retain the AMD only image because all my rigs at the farm are on 16gb sticks for the 7.xgb image.

I used 32gb stick to test the NVIDIA image because a standard 16gb cannot fit into the new AMD+NVIDIA image.

https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1096-kernel4.11.4-amd16.60-nvidia375.66-i915fw.imgc

is this the latest amd+nvidia image?

the hyperlink in simplemining.net for NVIDIA is the URL above
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Tytanick --- I noticed that NVIDIA image is now 16gb image... looks like this will be single image for AMD and NVIDIA?

Hope you can retain the AMD only image because all my rigs at the farm are on 16gb sticks for the 7.xgb image.

I used 32gb stick to test the NVIDIA image because a standard 16gb cannot fit into the new AMD+NVIDIA image.

https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1096-kernel4.11.4-amd16.60-nvidia375.66-i915fw.imgc

is this the latest amd+nvidia image?
Activity: 18
Hi,

I'm running 2x AMD RX580 and I'm getting 21.99 Hashrate. I tried overclocking and most of the time it reduces or stays around the same hashrate. Can please help? I've watched some videos on flashing the BIOS. However, I thought I can do the same via simeplemining.net. Please advise.

Google how to flash bios, you can copy the 1750 strap and OC via SMOS and you will get 27-29 depending on your card most likely.
Activity: 1
Hi,

I'm running 2x AMD RX580 and I'm getting 21.99 Hashrate. I tried overclocking and most of the time it reduces or stays around the same hashrate. Can please help? I've watched some videos on flashing the BIOS. However, I thought I can do the same via simeplemining.net. Please advise.

Hi, I have 3 rigs. The first rig gigabyte 970a ds3p motherboard is working smoothly with 5 gpu working.

I did 2 rig setup yesterday. But this time we used the ASUS z270P prime motherboard. This motherboard runs up to 8 cards on windows. it's none of my business. I just want to open 5 cards on simplemining. But this motherboard model does not see any simple 5 cards. If 5 cards are plugged in 4 looks 4 plugs sometimes plugs 4 sometimes 3.

I made the motherboard bios update. I made the decoding settings for gen1 and 4g but this time it does not open simplemining error. Please tell me how I can run 5 gpu with this motherboard

please help me. bad english speak so sorry.  Shocked

Have you tried the latest BIOS update for that motherboard? I know there is a crypto currency option in the bios on the newest version. Might help. Other wise I'd check your risers, maybe swap some out.
Activity: 1
Hi, I have 3 rigs. The first rig gigabyte 970a ds3p motherboard is working smoothly with 5 gpu working.

I did 2 rig setup yesterday. But this time we used the ASUS z270P prime motherboard. This motherboard runs up to 8 cards on windows. it's none of my business. I just want to open 5 cards on simplemining. But this motherboard model does not see any simple 5 cards. If 5 cards are plugged in 4 looks 4 plugs sometimes plugs 4 sometimes 3.

I made the motherboard bios update. I made the decoding settings for gen1 and 4g but this time it does not open simplemining error. Please tell me how I can run 5 gpu with this motherboard

please help me. bad english speak so sorry.  Shocked
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Anyone able to get 5+ GPU working with the NV version?

(i have tried every possible bios setting change for my Z170a G5 board)

I am able to get 7 working with no problems with amd version.

I have a 7 card nvidia rig running fine. MSI z170 board.
Had anyone been able to get smOS working with 7 GPUs on MSI Z170A PRO Carbon motherboard?

Yes I have 2 rigs with 7 on that board. Set pegs to gen1, 4g enabled. All other bios stock.

I had a corrupted USB and had to reflash it and now im stuck in this update loop. It appears the update file on the server is missing?

Quote from: SMOS Console

format error in certificate's notBefore field
To connect to simplemining.net insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
gzip: update.tar.gz: No such file or directory
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
New v1091 update found ! - starting update now
mkdir: cannot create directory /var/tmp/update: File exists
rm: cannot remove 'update*.tar.gz': No such file or directory
--2092-09-30 04:11:55-- https://simplemining.net/update/1091/update.tar.gz
Resolving simplemining.net (simplemining.net)... 104.20.84.32, 104.20.83.32, 2400:cb00:2048:1::6814:5320, ...
Connecting to simplemining.net (simplemining.net)|104.20.84.32|:443... connected.
ERROR: cannot verify simplemining.net's certificate, issued by CN=COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2,O=COMODO CA Limited,L=Salford,ST=Greater Manchester,C=GB:
mkdir: cannot create directory /var/tmp/update: File exists
rm: cannot remove 'update*.tar.gz': No such file or directory
--2092-09-30 04:11:58-- https://simplemining.net/update/1091/update.tar.gz
Resolving simplemining.net (simplemining.net)... 104.20.84.32, 104.20.83.32, 2400:cb00:2048:1::6814:5320, ...
Connecting to simplemining.net (simplemining.net)|104.20.84.32|:443... connected.
ERROR: cannot verify simplemining.net's certificate, issued by CN=COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2,O=COMODO CA Limited,L=Salford,ST=Greater Manchester,C=GB:

Ideas anyone? This loop is both on the monitor and on my simplemining rig list console for this miner.

UPDATE : I flashed the Z170 file just because I knew it was v1094 and its stuck in the same loop for some reason.

UPDATE 2 : I copied a working USB and it still won't boot past the OC section. The rig list is bugged out also, will not let me use any of the buttons to change any settings. I did get it to mine for a few minutes out of the last 8 hours but once I rebooted it would not mine again and I am unable to change any settings in the rig list. ><

UPDATE 3: Working USB boots the miner into the rig list but I cant change any settings or view console or change the miner name. Something is bugged on SMOS side and I can't fix it. Back to windows for now, maybe someone will figure it out.  I was enjoying linux. Sad
Activity: 40
Anyone able to get 5+ GPU working with the NV version?

(i have tried every possible bios setting change for my Z170a G5 board)

I am able to get 7 working with no problems with amd version.

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
Had anyone been able to get smOS working with 7 GPUs on MSI Z170A PRO Carbon motherboard?
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
@citronick

Already try it.The effect is the same.Just looping and the dashboard is empty.

Looks liek you have an empty character space after your email Your email : [email protected]

Double check your config file that there's not a space after your email address.

Or maybe try a gmail account
Activity: 269
Merit: 101
@citronick

Looks liek you have an empty character space after your email Your email : [email protected]

Double check your config file that there's not a space after your email address.
Activity: 12
Ok.I send mail again.And waiting.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
@citronick

I think you need Tytanick's help to troubleshoot the problem SO that he can see what's going on at server side.

Send him email (don't send PM)
Activity: 12
@citronick

Jump to: