Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 407. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100
How many gpus does smOS support? Sorry if it has been posted earlier in this thread. Thanks
Activity: 160
Nvidia cuda update. Up to 15% increase hashrate on 1060s

Ethereum code optimized for some nvidian cards davilizhdavilizh Posts: 1Member ✭
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6jjhob/ethereum_code_optimized_for_some_nvidian_cards/
WTF !!! Some guys are getting 31MH/S with 1060 !!! This would give an amazing boost to my rigs !!!

PLEASE add this to SMOS ! https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/pull/228#issuecomment-310918630

Are you sure? There's someone getting 30.9 on a 1070. Couldn't see a mention of 31 with 1060...?
Look: https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6jjhob/ethereum_code_optimized_for_some_nvidian_cards/djewsk3/
There is a screenshot
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi T .... regarding this issue with Claymore miner's ASM implementation affecting AMD cards - this could be a big problem in the next coming difficulty level... this is what I read.

While he is talking to AMD on resolving this.... can we get some housecleaning on sgminer (updated with ethash-new.cl) since its not affected.

Since almost 99% of smOS users mines ETH with Claymore.... I think we better have Plan B just in case.

Thanks
Activity: 349
Merit: 102

Ethereum code optimized for some nvidian cards davilizhdavilizh Posts: 1Member ✭
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6jjhob/ethereum_code_optimized_for_some_nvidian_cards/
WTF !!! Some guys are getting 31MH/S with 1060 !!! This would give an amazing boost to my rigs !!!

PLEASE add this to SMOS ! https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/pull/228#issuecomment-310918630

Are you sure? There's someone getting 30.9 on a 1070. Couldn't see a mention of 31 with 1060...?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Haven't heard any news from Tytanick for a while. 

Is the nVidia OC stuff still a priority, or is it on the backburner for now?
Activity: 160

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
Am I correct in seeing that I cannot choose different pools for different rigs with one login?  looks like they all have to be mining ETH or ZEC but multiple rigs cannot mine on their own pools?

even if I have say 1 amd rig and 1 NVidia rig.. the pool settings are global for all rigs?

Activity: 10

what cards do you have.  

I am using  2  1080ti cards

reference style.

mind you  if I do windows   I can get  1220  vs 1012 here so  he needs to improve this.

@ ty  nvidia is poised to take over from  amd as the premier cards to mine with.. please give us clocks.

@tomfullery

I have that asus turbo on the way. right now i have 3 evga SC and 1 FE.

I realized that you have to input values from 70 to 150 which equates to max watt per card. 70 wont change anything for the TI. 140 and 150 work. Hopefully Ty can open up that range.

Not happy with this setup on SMOS at the moment. zcash difficulty just increased and each TI is making less than $6/day on flypool.

At this point ill just run windows.

Activity: 304
I think the Nvidia version of your OS is corrupted. I downloaded the image multiple times, and tried multiple USB flash drive. It could never write past 53% oh HDDRawCopy. Can you look into it?
Come on people, read a bit

this is quoted from the installation paragraph

All those things do in Windows 7/8/10
Download R or RX image from download section
Install:  HDDRawCopy - flashing tool
Flash image to any drive: see Youtube HowTo
If you will see error after 14'000'000 sector then its ok !

LOL actually you are the one that should "read a bit."

The R and RX image works fine. I'm talking about the Nvidia image. And it hangs at around 53%. Not like you can ignore something if it won't let you proceed

The process terminates and you'll see the start button as clickable again. Has it occurred to you to actually access the 8 MB partition and check? It's there. You can change the email in the config.txt. Yes, just "read a bit".
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
Is it possible to create a custom entry in the miner config file for pool switching and not have to re-enter the line over and i want to switch pools within the same algo. ?
Activity: 37
for some reason I couldn't get it to work with an amd AM3 system and my RX480, but it worked at the first try with my 1050 TI...now that was smooth
for the Rx480 I got them working fine on a ubuntu server 16.x installation, it was without hiccups on both a an intel 1150 and an intel 1151 board.

I'm running some RX570s on an AM3 system without any issues.  So I can vouch for SMos working with AM3 chipset.
Activity: 569
Merit: 507
for some reason I couldn't get it to work with an amd AM3 system and my RX480, but it worked at the first try with my 1050 TI...now that was smooth
for the Rx480 I got them working fine on a ubuntu server 16.x installation, it was without hiccups on both a an intel 1150 and an intel 1151 board.
Activity: 350
Hello everyone,

I have a question about dual mining.  I've been dual mining ETH and Siacoin for about 36 hours now with Claymore 8.5.  Everything seems to be going well with 3 of my 4 rigs but one rig won't OC correctly when dual mining.  The rig having the issue is running 4 x MSI Armor rx570s.  When it single mines ETH I can overclock the core to 1150 and the mem to 2020 and get 27-28 MHash per card.  When dual mining the memory overclocks normally but the core is stuck around 950 and the hashing power drops to about 17 per card.  I ended up linking that rig to another email and setting it up with it's own SM account.  Has anyone else seen this issue?

yes with shitty cards it can happen  and those cards are one of the worst made

Yeah those cards are shitty
I run my msi armour 4gb at 1130/1800
Im getting 25mhs eth and 500mhs sia 160ish watt

Gotcha, thanks for the info guys.  My buddy who convinced me to start mining told me the MSI Armors were one of the better miners, and when I was only mining ETH they were solid.  They ran cooler and on less power than my XFX 570s.  But when I started dual mining, the XFX cards are definitely outperforming the MSI.

That's hilarious the AMD version of MSI armour blows balls! I have the 1080 MSI Armours and they they are THEE WORST cards out of any of the 10 versions/brands/styles I have - THEE ABSOLUTE WORST.
Hello everyone,

I have a question about dual mining.  I've been dual mining ETH and Siacoin for about 36 hours now with Claymore 8.5.  Everything seems to be going well with 3 of my 4 rigs but one rig won't OC correctly when dual mining.  The rig having the issue is running 4 x MSI Armor rx570s.  When it single mines ETH I can overclock the core to 1150 and the mem to 2020 and get 27-28 MHash per card.  When dual mining the memory overclocks normally but the core is stuck around 950 and the hashing power drops to about 17 per card.  I ended up linking that rig to another email and setting it up with it's own SM account.  Has anyone else seen this issue?

Gotcha, thanks for the info guys.  My buddy who convinced me to start mining told me the MSI Armors were one of the better miners, and when I was only mining ETH they were solid.  They ran cooler and on less power than my XFX 570s.  But when I started dual mining, the XFX cards are definitely outperforming the MSI.
Activity: 18
I think the Nvidia version of your OS is corrupted. I downloaded the image multiple times, and tried multiple USB flash drive. It could never write past 53% oh HDDRawCopy. Can you look into it?
Come on people, read a bit

this is quoted from the installation paragraph

All those things do in Windows 7/8/10
Download R or RX image from download section
Install:  HDDRawCopy - flashing tool
Flash image to any drive: see Youtube HowTo
If you will see error after 14'000'000 sector then its ok !

LOL actually you are the one that should "read a bit."

The R and RX image works fine. I'm talking about the Nvidia image. And it hangs at around 53%. Not like you can ignore something if it won't let you proceed

This is why I quit helping people, even when you tell them what the problem is they know more than you but they keep asking for help for some reason.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Hello everyone,

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Hello everyone,

Hello everyone,

Activity: 7
Hello guys!

Is it possible to mine in dual on simple os with nvidia cards? I didn't find any settings for that.

Thank you! Smiley
Jump to: