Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 404. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 508
Merit: 250
Hey guys I finally got everything going on one rig but after I modify the text and change the pool from drwarf to ethermine.org as soon as the miner strarts I get the red right away saying that the share was rejected and that it will reconnect in 20 sec and if I keep the settings at default on the drwarf pool it all works and starts to mine just fine but when I try to check the status of the worker on the dwarf it tells me that the address is incorrect.  Please help and tell me what am I doing wrong?  Undecided.   I have 6x6 rx480 rigs that I really need to get hooked up with this OS!  Thank you!  Wink
Activity: 324
Hi mate, I finally paid for your services, thanks again!
How's progress on the grouping functionality? Would be nice if I didnt have to have multiple accounts to manage both R and RX series cards! Smiley
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
So I tried SMOS for my 8x1080ti rig (running with 2 psu), I understand that the OC function is not available for this alpha version, but for the Power consumption, the accepted value is only from 70-150, can you make it from 70 to 300 so I can manage it better? In addition, when I set the Power to 0, or to 250, which mean I want it to run at factory setting, the system just does not recognize my 3 GPU which run via a 2nd PSU, but if I set the power value to 150, the system will recognize all 8 cards.

So for easier to understand:

1- If I set power to 150w, everything is fine, although the hashrate is as now as 580 sols, but the 8 cards running fine.

2- If I do not set power or set to 0 or 250, the system initially recognize all 8 gpu, then it display the error code
"The pci:0:0:2 has fallen of the bus"
"The pci:0:0:3 has fallen of the bus"
"The pci:0:0:4 has fallen of the bus"

These 3 gpu is powered by the 2nd psu, the 5 remaining gpus which powered by my main PSU running well at 250w and 720sols.

Do you have any ideas how can I solve this issue?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
Does it depend on the bandwidth?
I have another question guys.  I haven't been able to get all 6 cards running on windows lately, it only allows me to connect 5.  Does this OS illuminate these kind of problems or will I still have to deal with the drivers issues of the cards?  Thanks! Smiley
Hey guys I'm trying to switch all of my rigs to this OS and just tried to download the image from the website but when I click the download image button all I get is a new page in the browser opens up with a bunch of gibberish stuff on it and then the whole browser just freezes!  What's up with that? Huh
It sounds like your browser is reading the file instead of downloading it. Try right clicking and saving the file.

Indeed it was just reading it in Explorer! I've opened it in Chrome and it started to download just fine!  Thanks for your tip! Smiley
Activity: 7
Hey guys I'm trying to switch all of my rigs to this OS and just tried to download the image from the website but when I click the download image button all I get is a new page in the browser opens up with a bunch of gibberish stuff on it and then the whole browser just freezes!  What's up with that? Huh
It sounds like your browser is reading the file instead of downloading it. Try right clicking and saving the file.
Activity: 805
How to run different rigs on different pools , do not want to use the global settings. ?

I have different emails for that purpose.

@ ty

here is 140 watt setting
If I do this on windows with clocking I get 1200 not 1012  we need clocking!!

Hi

How do you get the GPU power usage to show in the miner console as you have above?

My miner console looks as follows:

--pec
Activity: 274
Merit: 100
Would be great if they add support for the 1070/1080's though..
Activity: 1
hi we are still have strange problems. 2 month normal work, everything was fine. and now 2 weeks of that things.
OverClocking is fine and never changing
when i try to lower OC nothing happens
and reboot is not problem
problem is strange MH/s. one card can show 58 mh/s or 0...usualy 29 or 28 but now somw strange numbers and then rig go restart, or else one or 3 cards not seen.....
1-2 month was perfect
 and now all rigs having problems
maybe its because of last updates?
i can download old version of simpleminer maybe i can do something with auto updates?
to turn it off
i dont know am i first who write about this problem
but i know that im not the only one
can u help me please?
Activity: 1
How to run different rigs on different pools , do not want to use the global settings. ?

I have different emails for that purpose.

@ ty

here is 140 watt setting
If I do this on windows with clocking I get 1200 not 1012  we need clocking!!

https://i.imgur.com/EhDAUBj.png

https://i.imgur.com/91Ne2Qc.png

Hi

How do you get the GPU power usage to show in the miner console as you have above?

My miner console looks as follows:

https://i.imgur.com/z3xRzIT.png

Activity: 31
Is there a way to access the claymore log so I can see which card keeps causing the system to reboot while Im asleep?
Activity: 15
Hello

Any ETA for SimpleRigResseter?
Activity: 292
Someone tested gtx970,gtx980 or gtx980ti?
Activity: 3
So i have read a majority of this thread and done some troubleshooting but i still cannot get my new rig working.  It will sometimes mine and i will start adjusting settings and then out of no where it will hang at starting miner when i reboot.  So i go back to standard settings try again and it still hangs.  I adjust some more sometimes it runs sometimes it just hangs.

Setup:
MSI Z270A-Pro (With recommened bios settings per tytanick and is the latest version)
8GB Ram
6x RX580 (with modded bios)
Powered Risers

Troubleshooting:
I have all the proper bios settings recommended by this thread.  I even tried changing settings around to un-recommended.  I tried writing a new flash drive with the OS.  I swapped out all risers twice, I moved around cards to different slots, checked power for everything.  Tried running just 5 cards tried running just 4 cards.  I was using a Portable wireless access point for wired connection so i moved the rig and hard wired it straight to the router. Have tried Different Claymore versions as well.

At a loss here any help would be greatly appreciated.

PSU?

enough juice for all 6 cards?

6 modded cards = around 900-1000watts (no dual mining)

you need at least good PSU of 1200w

Im running a 1600w and a 900w power is good. 

So i have read a majority of this thread and done some troubleshooting but i still cannot get my new rig working.  It will sometimes mine and i will start adjusting settings and then out of no where it will hang at starting miner when i reboot.  So i go back to standard settings try again and it still hangs.  I adjust some more sometimes it runs sometimes it just hangs.

Setup:
MSI Z270A-Pro (With recommened bios settings per tytanick and is the latest version)
8GB Ram
Powered Risers

Troubleshooting:
I have all the proper bios settings recommended by this thread.  I even tried changing settings around to un-recommended.  I tried writing a new flash drive with the OS.  I swapped out all risers twice, I moved around cards to different slots, checked power for everything.  Tried running just 5 cards tried running just 4 cards.  I was using a Portable wireless access point for wired connection so i moved the rig and hard wired it straight to the router. Have tried Different Claymore versions as well.

i also a similar problem and it was a bad riser pcie connector from a usb riser , i would just look at it and it would stop mining, crash, not detect the card, etc..

try mining 1 card at a time, and slowly add a card one at a time. it will take a long time but if it's a riser you'll find witch one is causing you headaches..

So i may have found the issue i think it was one of my video cards.  I have 5 running perfectly now.  I don't think that single card could handle the undervolting all the others could.  I have a few more of the same card i will try a different one once i get them modded. Does anyone know if adjusting the config mvddc and cvddc actually effect the cards or does only the SMoS powerstage effect voltage?
Activity: 59
Tytanick --- I noticed that NVIDIA image is now 16gb image... looks like this will be single image for AMD and NVIDIA?

Hope you can retain the AMD only image because all my rigs at the farm are on 16gb sticks for the 7.xgb image.

I used 32gb stick to test the NVIDIA image because a standard 16gb cannot fit into the new AMD+NVIDIA image.

https://simplemining.net/download/simpleminer-RX-v1096-kernel4.11.4-amd16.60-nvidia375.66-i915fw.imgc

is this the latest amd+nvidia image?

the hyperlink in simplemining.net for NVIDIA is the URL above

pixelgeek 12:08 PM
@tytanick will 16GB stick work with new single OS (AMD/Nvid)?

tytanick Admin 12:08 PM
Has joined the channel.

tytanick Admin 12:08 PM
yes 8 GB will be ok

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Activity: 292
Hi, how to mix R and RX cards?
Thanks
Activity: 805

Setup:
8GB Ram
Powered Risers

Troubleshooting:

i also a similar problem and it was a bad riser pcie connector from a usb riser , i would just look at it and it would stop mining, crash, not detect the card, etc..

try mining 1 card at a time, and slowly add a card one at a time. it will take a long time but if it's a riser you'll find witch one is causing you headaches..
Jump to: