Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 186. (Read 908613 times)

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
February 03, 2014, 08:16:32 PM
may be you are lucky ...but am willing to bet 1 BTC that at the latest 15. th of march GOX doesn´t exist anymore as an entity which pays back more than 50 cents of money owed
I'm in!  I won a similar bet on betsofbitco.in that MtGox would be sold or closed by the end of 2013, but this didn't happen either.
You want to bet whether Mt. Gox sends me the wire that they've been putting off sending for 1/2 of a year now before I take legal action?
If so, you better hurry.  I've got an appointment with my attorney later today.
Let me repeat my favourite quote:
Quote from: MagicalTux in #mtgox
03:03 <@MagicalTux>  a class action in the US to force us to do something the US govt prevents us from doing might not lead you very far
But, hey!  You are free to waste your own money.

I'm not targeting Mt. Gox.  They're already toast.  I've got my eye on the $5M that the U.S. government already has.

Investing a token amount of money now probably won't pay off, but if it does eventually it will be several orders of magnitude more than it'll cost me to stick my foot in the door.  This is pretty similar to the calculus I employed when I was buying BTC years ago.

Anyway, it would be worth a few hundred buck to me just to fuck with these assholes.  (Just kidding.  I have 'absent malice' of course.  Just though it was amusing and want to make people who get it chuckle.  That is the way it is with a lot of stuff I write on this forum Wink

legendary
February 03, 2014, 08:01:57 PM

I get that you're pissed off with sturle in the long term, but should point out that this bet was specifically over zyk's unrealistic prediction that gox will collapse by march, with no other judgement about their health implied.

I'm not pissed at Strudle.  I like the guy.

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
February 03, 2014, 04:02:53 PM
But sometimes you had some kind of info, where the processing is currently at. I was curious about this.
Read two pages back.  This is the latest information I have.

Be careful with time calculation , at gox planet they still in "New Year holiday"  Shocked oh my gox !

legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
February 03, 2014, 03:48:27 PM
But sometimes you had some kind of info, where the processing is currently at. I was curious about this.
Read two pages back.  This is the latest information I have.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 03, 2014, 03:43:41 PM
So what do you say, where are we with the SEPA backlog, as it seems you usually have more info compared to us, the plebs? Smiley I see someone complaining from the 1st week of January, his 1000EUR is still not processed yet...
Please read the thread you are posting in before replying, and you would know the answer already.  I have lost count of how many times I this question has been answered.  Short story: Daily bank transfer limits.

I have read the thread back to like page 155. I know about the limits, both the daily and the 20day limits.

But seems like you can only add your two cents if it's about bashing the US (which I feel ya for, but still...) Smiley

roundabout a few hours Gox should be celebrating (processing ) the advent of the new year right now Wink..........but I sincerely doubt it......everything before should be done or the daily

bankquota excuse is crushed too
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 03, 2014, 03:31:57 PM
So what do you say, where are we with the SEPA backlog, as it seems you usually have more info compared to us, the plebs? Smiley I see someone complaining from the 1st week of January, his 1000EUR is still not processed yet...
Please read the thread you are posting in before replying, and you would know the answer already.  I have lost count of how many times I this question has been answered.  Short story: Daily bank transfer limits.

I have read the thread back to like page 155. I know about the limits, both the daily and the 20day limits.

But seems like you can only add your two cents if it's about bashing the US (which I feel ya for, but still...) Smiley
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 03, 2014, 03:13:33 PM
jan 26 transfered 1.1 bitcoin to online wallet mt gox didn't process transaction one response that with developmental team .  Support Ignonring all emails
legendary
February 03, 2014, 02:53:44 PM
February 03, 2014, 02:42:07 PM
may be you are lucky ...but am willing to bet 1 BTC that at the latest 15. th of march GOX doesn´t exist anymore as an entity which pays back more than 50 cents of money owed
I'm in!  I won a similar bet on betsofbitco.in that MtGox would be sold or closed by the end of 2013, but this didn't happen either.
You want to bet whether Mt. Gox sends me the wire that they've been putting off sending for 1/2 of a year now before I take legal action?
03:03 <@MagicalTux>  a class action in the US to force us to do something the US govt prevents us from doing might not lead you very far

...and if someone would do the same for SEPA payments, where no one is preventing anyone from paying out "valued customers"? Smiley

legendary
February 03, 2014, 02:29:23 PM
zyk
February 03, 2014, 02:06:31 PM

I get that you're pissed off with sturle in the long term, but should point out that this bet was specifically over zyk's unrealistic prediction that gox will collapse by march, with no other judgement about their health implied.

implied was that their current ability of sustaining the ponzi will be visibly halfed by then ....  Sepa , Yen withdrawls longer than 9 weeks or stopped alltogether, tx backlog not cleared etc.

legendary
February 03, 2014, 01:52:13 PM

legendary
February 03, 2014, 01:38:10 PM
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 03, 2014, 12:25:29 PM
I can not believe what I paid 1000 USD.   Roll Eyes
Just now, I understand, Bitcoin is fog.
February 03, 2014, 11:34:07 AM
Dosen't make sense that people are still getting withdrawls to online wallets . I understand the ponzi concept  but how are any transactions going true if gox is indeed broke?

Because no one knows what's actually happening. Conspiracy theories come and go, but nothing has been proven officially so far.

As far as the public knows, they could be simply incompetent, thus REALLY REALLY slow. Or they could be really doing a ponzi, but allowing the small amounts to flow, to keep hopes up and avoid mega-panic.

My 0.3 and 0.05 both went through in a matter of minutes to blockchain.info wallet...

And so far I haven't read anything about a SEPA not arriving at all - they just take ridiculous amounts of time, like 1-2 months (especially with the 1tx/20days limit).
legendary
Activity: 889
February 03, 2014, 11:20:46 AM
Dosen't make sense that people are still getting withdrawls to online wallets . I understand the ponzi concept  but how are any transactions going true if gox is indeed broke?
Activity: 136
Merit: 13
February 03, 2014, 11:09:10 AM
Any one received sepa transfers these days ?  
Negative. My brother is still waiting for payment from 2013-12-17. It is 7 weeks as of now and the "6 weeks" statement on the emptyGox webpage is simply false. Isn't it one definition of bankruptcy that a person is unable to fulfill its mature obligations?
He either withdrew via International wire (not SEPA) or he had another withdrawal complete successfully for the last 20 days.  Last time I heard MtGox were processing SEPA withdrawals initiated at 2013-12-30.  The reasons for the delays (SEPA and JPY) have been fully explained here many times, but please don't let it stop you from inventing your own.  It tricks weak souls into overbidding, making arbitrage very profitable.  Grin
I'm not aware of such policy (one withdrawal per 20 days) at the time of making that withdrawal. In fact, on the withdrawal page there is no mention of it even now:
    BTC : You can still withdraw up to 100.00000000 BTC provided you have enough on your account (your limit is 100.00000000 BTC per 24 hours )
    USD : You can still withdraw up to $1,000.00000 provided you have enough on your account (your limit is $1,000.00000 per 24 hours and $10,000.00000 per 30 days)

Notes on International Withdrawals

SEPA Withdrawals:
Due to the daily withdrawal limits imposed by our European bank, all fund transfers to SEPA accounts in Europe will take 6 weeks or less depending on the size of your withdrawal.

International Wire Transfers: 
At the moment we are manually processing wire transfers and have a slight backlog as we create a new withdrawal system with our banking partners. Your withdrawal may take 4 weeks or more depending on the amount.

Your patience and understanding in processing withdrawals is greatly appreciated.
20 day limit is not mentioned anywhere and is not enforced by the system. If it is invalid to make withdrawal in less than 20 days from previous withdrawal, they should invalidate the withdrawal, return the money back to the MtGox account and inform the client. This looks like completely arbitrary limit introduced to delay MtGox meltdown. It is only mentioned on some obscure forums that client don't have to check before taking actions. The client would take other action if he was properly informed. I don't know how is it considered in your country, but in my it is called "fraud", and it is a criminal offense if it is done knowingly.
zyk
February 03, 2014, 11:05:55 AM
who would win the bet if the current state of affairs persists ?

Even in worst case scenario, you don't think they can drag it out for another month and a half?

if the tx backlog is cleared --- I lose ?

if the SEPA and JPY withdrawls in its current form are stopped ---- you lose ?
zyk
February 03, 2014, 11:01:19 AM
I will also take the bet. Even if they are going down I think it will take longer than a month.

who would win the bet if the current state of affairs persists ?
Activity: 826
'All that glitters is not gold'
February 03, 2014, 10:53:12 AM
please stay away from Mt Gox !
Jump to: