Pages:
Author

Topic: My 1 gpu now 11gpus 5rigs for Ethereum. 45 days of mining. Photos thoughts. - page 2. (Read 50633 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
SAP-RX-470-8G-NITRO+ SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 470 8G GDDR5 PCI

Whats the going price in the US?

Right now it's 239.99 on newegg with 4.99 shipping

thanks Johnx for the info.

Philip... your 199$ 470 rig, would it be any better than the Nitro version 240$  - performance wise ?

Are you going to run 4 8gb cards? On one motherboard?

I am inspired by Philip's 4 x GPU rig on that BIOSTAR Racing mobo.

I planning to streamline my farm with 4 to 5 onboard GPUs with M2 SSDs.

Enough of those risers and expensive PSUs, and dreaded SSD cables Grin
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Well I am looking to get an email from provantage on mon-tue next week about the 50x gpu order.

So far eth coin looks really good at $14 usd a coin

I would love to see some real world numbers  before I order 50 cards.

i guess the real question is are you going to get reference cards or wait till aftermarket cooler cards come out?

im looking to pick up 2.. if you get a good deal on the 8gb ones let me know.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Well I am looking to get an email from provantage on mon-tue next week about the 50x gpu order.

So far eth coin looks really good at $14 usd a coin

I would love to see some real world numbers  before I order 50 cards.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Philip... your 199$ 470 rig, would it be any better than the Nitro version 240$  - performance wise ?

Are you going to run 4 8gb cards? On one motherboard?
Activity: 882
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
From the current information available, I might buy the 470 instead of the 480. But we need more information about 470.

By the moment it will be released you can ROI on R9 390 (with selling used card)

I bought some R9 390 in early March this year. It will take about 4 months to ROI without selling the card.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Philip... your 199$ 470 rig, would it be any better than the Nitro version 240$  - performance wise ?
Activity: 672

Activity: 742
From the current information available, I might buy the 470 instead of the 480. But we need more information about 470.

By the moment it will be released you can ROI on R9 390 (with selling used card)
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I think eth coin has been stabilized for now.  I am offline waiting for the 480's to be offered.

I have room for 15 cards.

If I were to vote I would vote soft fork.  Not mining so can't vote.

Maybe soft fork to lock all the DAO? Those DAO are moving around by both the white and black hackers, very annoying.

I pretty much decided the dao part is really not so good.  so I sold my 1000 dao weeks ago.  Kept mining the eth coins  until last week.  but I kept every rig minus the gpu cards sold.  So I can pretty much fill the rigs with r9 480s on the 29th or so.

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 191
Merit: 100
I have two rigs banging away at ethpool. I get 4 to 6 invalid shares per hour (split between both rigs) out of ~165 or so.  Is this normal?  I think I have one pointing to us1.ethpool and the other pointing to us2.ethpool, so I don't think it is the server choice. 

Can anyone chime in?

1 of 28 is about right. 1 out of 20 would be no good.

Some where I recall 4% as the level that is 'bad'

So 7 or 8 would be high.

I use the Claymore miner and do not overclock. I do not have invalid shares, 2 out of 15,000 rejection, 4-6% of stale shares.
Activity: 742
I pretty much decided the dao part is really not so good.  so I sold my 1000 dao weeks ago.  Kept mining the eth coins  until last week.  but I kept every rig minus the gpu cards sold.  So I can pretty much fill the rigs with r9 480s on the 29th or so.

Due to really big dip on BTC - exchange rate on ETH is pretty good (BTC/ETH pair)

So I still mine it

legendary
I have two rigs banging away at ethpool. I get 4 to 6 invalid shares per hour (split between both rigs) out of ~165 or so.  Is this normal?  I think I have one pointing to us1.ethpool and the other pointing to us2.ethpool, so I don't think it is the server choice. 

Can anyone chime in?

1 of 28 is about right. 1 out of 20 would be no good.

Some where I recall 4% as the level that is 'bad'

So 7 or 8 would be high.

legendary
I think eth coin has been stabilized for now.  I am offline waiting for the 480's to be offered.

Maybe soft fork to lock all the DAO? Those DAO are moving around by both the white and black hackers, very annoying.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

Activity: 615

Can anyone chime in?
legendary

legendary

I suspect a 470. 460 may be even better for ETH mining since its cheaper and not overspec-ed.

As long as the memory is 4gb and fast, it good for ETH mining.

Looks like both sucks - according a couple of tests

The 470 does 22-23mh at 110 watts so it is under five watts an mh.

The 460 is on the way I have not tested it yet.

I have no issues buying a 470 at 199  should work out. I have test two models so far.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I mine at ethpool

This morning I noticed that after the DOA hack, the diff level seems to eased up (lower diff)

I think my rigs are able to meet the credit required for 5 ETH, faster than normal time

this means, mining has dropped?

Is this assumption true?

Those who are mining at ethpool or ethermine, I noticed that they have put a "VOTING" tab.

Anybody see something like this in other ETH pools?

The are polling for members to decide HARD FORK or SOFT FORK...

Phil, have you seen that?

Looks like the miners will decide if HARD or SOFT FORK is the answer to recent DAO hack.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
The benchs I've seen so far indicate that the RX470 is VERY close to RX480 performance on Ethereum, but the RX460 isn't even close.

I honestly don't understand the RX 470, unless it's a "RX 480 die failed but mostly works, market it as a slightly less powerfull GPU for slightly less money" type thing.
 Not something new though, both AMD and NVidia have done that sort of thing before.

Pages:
Jump to: