Pages:
Author

Topic: My 1 gpu now 11gpus 5rigs for Ethereum. 45 days of mining. Photos thoughts. - page 3. (Read 50633 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I suspect a 470. 460 may be even better for ETH mining since its cheaper and not overspec-ed.

As long as the memory is 4gb and fast, it good for ETH mining.

Looks like both sucks - according a couple of tests

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

I sold about 15 cards here.

Phil,

Is it safe to sell cards here on the forum or better to use Ebay?

eBay is full of scammy buyers.

You may get more for the card but there are a lot of buyers that lie.

Here if you are paid in btc you can not be forced to do a refund .

Me I know I am honest so I sell here and I do buy on eBay.

I buy here if I know the seller well.

Philip, is it advisable to sell to "gpushack.com"?

I had a big dispute with a seller in ebay - i never got my goods - after complaining to ebay a zillion times - after 4 months, they decided to refund my credit card transactions, after I said I am going to take legal actions... so no more ebay for me.

Apparently scammers make a living cheating people in ebay - worst thing is ebay seems to allow them to continue !

I do not know gpushack.com  so I can not advise.

here I am on ebay.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=philipma1957

I do not use them like I used to as they are less honest then they used to be.

I estimate 10% of sales I make go wrong due to bad buyers.
I estimate   5% of buys I make go wrong due to bad sellers.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Phil, got this news from my local supplier... yummy news this. what do you think?

http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-1500mhz-overclocking-tool-voltage-2/

AMD is launching a new overclocking tool for the RX 400 series with voltage control, oh and the RX 480 is capable of 1.5Ghz+ clock speeds. You heard that right folks! We got a good one for you today. We shared the impressive performance figures for AMD’s reference designed RX 480 4GB & 8GB cards just a couple of days ago, both of which came out ahead of the R9 Nano & GTX 980. It’s about time we dove into the overclocking aspect of the red team’s latest Radeon graphics card retailing on the 29th of June.

AMD’s $199 RX 480 Is Even More Impressive When Overclocked:
With the Radeon RX 480 and the RX 400 series in general AMD wants every user to be able to extract even more value out of their RX 400 series graphics card. Beyond what they’d normally get straight out of the box. The key to achieve this is to make overclocking more accessible, more convenient and more valuable. This is where AMD’s new overclocking tool will play an instrumental role in supercharging the bang behind every buck.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-480-1500mhz-overclocking-tool-voltage-2/#ixzz4CHl97MSJ
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Phil - what CPU is suitable for pure Claymore ETH mining on this BIOSTAR Z170 Racing mobo? Thanks

The most cost effective, "bang for the buck" is this Pentium G4400, in my opinion:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1UH3Z96302

yup, this is what I am aiming for instead of newer CPUs because it needs to be optimised for mining and not waste any CPU resources. But if you are going  to resell it after mining to a gamer -- i3 or i5 is minimum for it to run smoothly.

true  i will have my build done in about 3 days we can see if there is a big difference.

hey  I found rx 460 for sale  hurry up only 4 left

I did get a 460 from amazon today  good price? 149.99

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J1M4HDS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?

Phil - would a RX460 or RX470 be as "good" as a 480?

I suspect a 470. 460 may be even better for ETH mining since its cheaper and not overspec-ed.

As long as the memory is 4gb and fast, it good for ETH mining.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

I sold about 15 cards here.

Phil,

Is it safe to sell cards here on the forum or better to use Ebay?

You may get more for the card but there are a lot of buyers that lie.

Here if you are paid in btc you can not be forced to do a refund .

Philip, is it advisable to sell to "gpushack.com"?

I had a big dispute with a seller in ebay - i never got my goods - after complaining to ebay a zillion times - after 4 months, they decided to refund my credit card transactions, after I said I am going to take legal actions... so no more ebay for me.

Apparently scammers make a living cheating people in ebay - worst thing is ebay seems to allow them to continue !
legendary
Phil - what CPU is suitable for pure Claymore ETH mining on this BIOSTAR Z170 Racing mobo? Thanks

The most cost effective, "bang for the buck" is this Pentium G4400, in my opinion:

yup, this is what I am aiming for instead of newer CPUs because it needs to be optimised for mining and not waste any CPU resources. But if you are going  to resell it after mining to a gamer -- i3 or i5 is minimum for it to run smoothly.

true  i will have my build done in about 3 days we can see if there is a big difference.

hey  I found rx 460 for sale  hurry up only 4 left

I did get a 460 from amazon today  good price? 149.99

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J1M4HDS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 742

Unfortunately the same is everywhere Sad

I will try Ebay first
Activity: 615
Point being... there are no particular CPU requirements to run the client.  Any modern CPU is more than capable.
legendary

my current   biostar z170 has an i3  6100

but I am building a second  z170  with  that same said  pentium g4400

in fact I will take a photo or two of this build  on Wednesday

I am going to use  rx 470s with the build
Activity: 615

legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Amazon doesnt seem to carry the BIOSTAR Racing mobo.... and in NewEgg... it now costs 164$!

Price went down to $129.99. I didn't see any additional power connector other than 8 pin CPU and 24 pin ATX, wonder if it will be able to supply power to 4 GPUs installed on 16x slots for a long time.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
i used a usb pcie riser.. mining non-stop for 2-3 years..

the only problem i encountered for that period of time is 2 usb cable got a problem and 1 riser (molex connection) got burned (only because the molex power might be loose)

i think "quality" is the key..from where i live, usb-pcie riser is a must. the spacing between the cards and creative arrangement solves temperature issues. (also helps packing more cards for a limited space)
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

power risers may or may not work well.  I had so many issues with them in 2012 with btc I said fuck them never again.

probably depends on the card. the rx 480 needs them, but it seems like the GTX1070 may draw its full needs from the 8pin pcie cable
legendary

Is that a ETC address...

I rode the ETC/ETH madness at Poloniex this week and made 2 BTC with 400$ capital.

Too bad the roller coaster has kind of died... too bad ETC could not overpower ETH.

Well, hell.... we are in this for the profits be it ETC, ETH or ABC.

I am having nightmares with the USB risers, if I am lucky no issues, but if some GPU is acting up, it can take hours to figure out that the USB cable is faulty... I think your method of 4 x PCI per mobo is very wise.

Is there another mobo like Biostar Racing ... that has 4 x PCIs -- it doesnt have to be Z170

This is the reason I have totally removed all usb risers from my rigs, i've had a 50% failure rate on them for the last 2 builds (4 slots worked 4 did not). I switched to unpowered risers and all work 100% now.

same, i've always used ribbon risers, never had any issue, dunno what people hate them so much, probably they just had faulty one

i also dreamed about a good setup without riser but for six card, to bad it's not possible, there are no motherboard with more than 6 pcie that do not cost a fortune

I use powered ribbon cable. I will use 3 powered and 3 non powered ribbon risers in a 6 GPU setup.

power risers may or may not work well.  I had so many issues with them in 2012 with btc I said fuck them never again.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100

Is that a ETC address...

I rode the ETC/ETH madness at Poloniex this week and made 2 BTC with 400$ capital.

Too bad the roller coaster has kind of died... too bad ETC could not overpower ETH.

I am having nightmares with the USB risers, if I am lucky no issues, but if some GPU is acting up, it can take hours to figure out that the USB cable is faulty... I think your method of 4 x PCI per mobo is very wise.

Is there another mobo like Biostar Racing ... that has 4 x PCIs -- it doesnt have to be Z170

This is the reason I have totally removed all usb risers from my rigs, i've had a 50% failure rate on them for the last 2 builds (4 slots worked 4 did not). I switched to unpowered risers and all work 100% now.

same, i've always used ribbon risers, never had any issue, dunno what people hate them so much, probably they just had faulty one

i also dreamed about a good setup without riser but for six card, to bad it's not possible, there are no motherboard with more than 6 pcie that do not cost a fortune

I use powered ribbon cable. I will use 3 powered and 3 non powered ribbon risers in a 6 GPU setup.
legendary
Amazon doesnt seem to carry the BIOSTAR Racing mobo.... and in NewEgg... it now costs 164$!

yep  those that did not buy it for 109.99 got ffff'd

ETH

test address below  fell free to toss a tiny bit into it.

0x7d70B20bC92faE3d7dA0dC2d084C8e3DC798e73C
this has issues.

feel free to send .01 eth or less  to it

0x265DE11CD9Af236884BebE2CaC4D3C2fC3C3cC11  

Eth tester this one is good

............................................................................... .

0x04525C1A9bBCC5110711543f27280E0d5890180b

one more eth tester issues ? feel free to send .01 eth to it or less
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

Is that a ETC address...

same, i've always used ribbon risers, never had any issue, dunno why people hate them so much, probably they just had faulty one

legendary

yep  those that did not buy it for 109.99 got ffff'd

test address below  fell free to toss a tiny bit into it.

ETH

0x7d70B20bC92faE3d7dA0dC2d084C8e3DC798e73C

ETH ADDRESS!

Is that a ETC address...

YES   I will find link.

this works but is not so cheap

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157649&ignorebbr=1

I had an older model and did 4 hd7970's  for 15 months non stop

Le me look more
Pages:
Jump to: