Pages:
Author

Topic: My 1 gpu now 11gpus 5rigs for Ethereum. 45 days of mining. Photos thoughts. - page 4. (Read 50633 times)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

Is that a ETC address...

I rode the ETC/ETH madness at Poloniex this week and made 2 BTC with 400$ capital.

Too bad the roller coaster has kind of died... too bad ETC could not overpower ETH.

Well, hell.... we are in this for the profits be it ETC, ETH or ABC.

I am having nightmares with the USB risers, if I am lucky no issues, but if some GPU is acting up, it can take hours to figure out that the USB cable is faulty... I think your method of 4 x PCI per mobo is very wise.

Is there another mobo like Biostar Racing ... that has 4 x PCIs -- it doesnt have to be Z170

This is the reason I have totally removed all usb risers from my rigs, i've had a 50% failure rate on them for the last 2 builds (4 slots worked 4 did not). I switched to unpowered risers and all work 100% now.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Amazon doesnt seem to carry the BIOSTAR Racing mobo.... and in NewEgg... it now costs 164$!

yep  those that did not buy it for 109.99 got ffff'd

test address below  fell free to toss a tiny bit into it.

0x7d70B20bC92faE3d7dA0dC2d084C8e3DC798e73C

Is that a ETC address...

I rode the ETC/ETH madness at Poloniex this week and made 2 BTC with 400$ capital.

Too bad the roller coaster has kind of died... too bad ETC could not overpower ETH.

Well, hell.... we are in this for the profits be it ETC, ETH or ABC.

I am having nightmares with the USB risers, if I am lucky no issues, but if some GPU is acting up, it can take hours to figure out that the USB cable is faulty... I think your method of 4 x PCI per mobo is very wise.

Is there another mobo like Biostar Racing ... that has 4 x PCIs -- it doesnt have to be Z170
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Amazon doesnt seem to carry the BIOSTAR Racing mobo.... and in NewEgg... it now costs 164$!

yep  those that did not buy it for 109.99 got ffff'd

ETH

test address below  fell free to toss a tiny bit into it.

0x7d70B20bC92faE3d7dA0dC2d084C8e3DC798e73C
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I saw you ordered the 470. I would be very interested to see if it is better value than the 480 RX.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
it's normal, i can bet my ass that the gpu you are talking about is the one on the pci-e x 16, it share the circuit with the cpu that's why this gpu is more hot
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Hey phil, I am having interesting situation...

I have 6x Rx 480 Rig with h81 BTC PRo... All GPUs are at same distance from one to another, but 1 gpu is significantly hotter then others...

5 of them are @ ~65C with fans from 2500rpm to 3000rpm, but the one I am talking about is @ 70C with fans an >4000rpm.

Have you experienced something similar?

Win 8.1 64
Claymore miner mining only ETH
all GPUs are 1000mhz at 800mV undervolted, whole rig is drawing 900W mesured from the wall. with all GPUs hashing 24.5MH/s

thanks
legendary
I put my r9 nanos up for sale

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-xfx-r9-nano-cards-and-1-his-r9-390-card-sold-1517154

with luck they will sell close to asking price

I am going to convert to 480's and 490's when they come.

I've seen that post

Are you quite from ETH for now?

No I am mining as I type.  4 nanos and 1 his. So  my hope is to sell these off in time for the 480's and 490's
I am roi'd.  I spend 140 on power  right now I earn 360 so I  220 net  a month.

legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
specs say 1 x16 and 1 x1 slot. dunno if thats total or free?

no psu specs either.. but only gave it a quick glance.
legendary

yeah the board looks good to add a second card can't quite see if it can.  I am tempted to buy it to review it.
Activity: 742

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-xfx-r9-nano-cards-and-1-his-r9-390-card-sold-1517154

I've seen that post

Are you quite from ETH for now?
legendary

I am still mining and will continue to do so. Its a bump in the road for ethereum. Just take a step back, remember Mt Gox? Look at bitcoin now, still strong, and people still mining. Its a risk, but one I am willing to take. If the price does go back up after everything, this might be a good time to buy more ethereum once it hits bottom.

Somehow I agree with you, especially thinking about ETH market size

I also did not switch off the rig - so let's see how invisible hand will behave

legendary
Is this sort of mining still profitable ?

If you have a pc that is built you can put in a decent gpu and mine.

If you build a pc from start maybe not.

I know that a pc with two rx 480s mines at 50 mh to 55 mh

This earns around 180 usd a month power is about 30 to 40 a month.

So 140 to 150 a month.

To build a two card machine maybe 1000

But if you have a machine built and just need 2 cards it is 500 to add 2 cards.

So that may work for you.

If you are not handy  this is an okay deal

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-fx-series-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-480-1tb-hard-drive/5511000.p?id=bb5511000&skuId=5511000
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
Guys,

Are you still mining?

I am still mining and will continue to do so. Its a bump in the road for ethereum. Just take a step back, remember Mt Gox? Look at bitcoin now, still strong, and people still mining. Its a risk, but one I am willing to take. If the price does go back up after everything, this might be a good time to buy more ethereum once it hits bottom.
Activity: 615

If your up front costs are low enough. If your electricity rate is cheap enough. If you're able to locate some newer, efficient GPUs.

You can trade your ETH for BTC directly.
Guys,

Are you still mining?

Activity: 1162
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
I think I have a PSU problem...

Upon pressing start button.... CPU fan, etc starts then stops.... and within a fraction of a second... it starts again and functions normally.

EVGA 1300w
ASrock H81, Celeron 1840, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD
5 x Saphirre 480
No OC just undervolted -33%
Claymore v5.3, ETH mining only.

Could this be a symptom of a PSU dying?

I thought EVGAs are a cut above the rest

Ideas?

may be the psu board's surge protection.

I have 5 builds.

one is an evga a 2 card build  running 2 r9 390's it turns on then off then on let me see the model  it is a plat 650 pulls 530 watts on a high read kwatt meter pulls 505 watts on a low read kwatt meter.

so I think it is some kind of protection in the psu. since we do the exact same thing on your 1300 watt g2 and on my 650 watt p2

so it safe then... I hope it doesn't give up after so many reboots... because I put CDM to reboot if for whatever reasons the GPU hangs.
Pages:
Jump to: