Pages:
Author

Topic: MyetherWallet Security - page 2. (Read 1226 times)

Activity: 295
Merit: 0
June 27, 2018, 10:09:29 AM
I would pick metamask , easy to use and you need to confirm all transactions via your browser add on... JSON is ok too, but metamask is more secure way
Activity: 60
June 27, 2018, 10:04:21 AM
The first best option to log-in MEW is via metamask chrome extension because your private keys are not exposed and the extension will protect you from phishing sites. The second best way is to log-in via KeyStore/JSON file, basically, this file is the encrypted version of your private key.
Activity: 70
June 27, 2018, 01:53:28 AM
Everyone has its ways I use all of them interchangeably just to break the routine. However I do think that the best and most secure way to access it is through Metamask. This is just my opinion.
Activity: 507
Merit: 100
June 25, 2018, 10:48:30 AM
This service provides some security recommendations. for example, this is the lack of preservation in the system of your data, which, accordingly, is not transferred to third parties. further - do not click on dubious advertisements and links, also install the MetaMask extension and connect the purses to increase security. about wallets - it's better to use Trezor or Ledger Nano S.
Activity: 88
June 25, 2018, 10:25:57 AM
Why do I use metamask but I still log in and transfer token from one computer to another (login with private key) and no need to validate with metamask Huh
Activity: 163
Merit: 10
June 25, 2018, 10:18:43 AM
MyetherWallet is still secure, and MyetherWallet can be used with a hardware wallet, which is the safest, and it is best to use it with bookmarks in case of phishing sites.

Activity: 462
June 25, 2018, 10:13:25 AM
I prefer to use private keys instead of both. I think it's easier than connecting my MEW to metamask or keystore file. I also feel secure that no one can enter my account when I use my private key to open it. Although both ways are also good, it still depends on the user in what way he / she feels comfortable. The private key is safe as long as you keep it up. and most importantly you have a backup file of your private key.
Activity: 443
https://streamies.io/
June 22, 2018, 09:39:13 AM
When you are just to check your wallet balance, I would prefer you to view your wallet through address only rather than using private key. But you can also use metamask or keystore file for logging in because it is much more safer.
Activity: 81
June 22, 2018, 09:30:25 AM
I prefer to log in to the Myetherwallet account using a Keystore file. Do not log in to the MEW account using the Privatekey. Safety rules are important. Keep the private key information in the paper wallet.
Activity: 196
June 21, 2018, 10:16:53 PM
I don't recommend to login to MEW account using privatekey, so I will go for Keystore File for more safety.

Yes keystone is much safer than private key. I have bewn using myetherwallet for awhile now and have to say it is quite great. I haven't come across any issues at all, no lost coins or hacking incident. Plus I love using myetherwallet for it is so easy to use.
Activity: 84
June 21, 2018, 10:12:52 PM
Everyone has its ways I use all of them interchangeably just to break the routine. However I do think that the best and most secure way to access it is through Metamask. This is just my opinion.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
June 21, 2018, 11:54:28 AM
I use a Trezor hardware wallet, with the MEW interface and I think it's great.  I don't worry about security at all.  Best investment I've made when it comes to crypto because it allows me to sleep at night knowing I don't have to worry about my coins getting stolen while sitting on an exchange!
Activity: 98
June 21, 2018, 11:48:27 AM
Activity: 196
June 21, 2018, 09:27:23 AM
What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
Metamask is my choice. Being hacked in the electronic money market is very risky, so be careful of it, do not use the Private Key unless you really need it.
Activity: 427
June 21, 2018, 09:21:46 AM
I think the MyEtherWallet wallet is one of the best and most convenient wallets for storing various types of tokens and ethereum. If you follow certain rules and security measures, this wallet is very reliable. Of course, when using them, you should try to use a private key less, and use Keystone File more. If you are not going to perform operations with your tokens, then it's best to use the function etherscan.io. It allows you to view the contents of the wallet without using its private key and without entering the wallet itself. Also, for better security, you can use Metamask.

I agree with your suggestion and I think it is a very useful one. You should use the keystone file when you want to log into Myetherwallet.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
APOLLOX Protocol
June 21, 2018, 09:18:18 AM
In my opinion it is a very good and secure service. Most of problems with it happened not because of MEW itself; I've been always using it and never had any troubles.
Activity: 112
June 21, 2018, 09:17:11 AM
for MEW security concerns they recommend only first 5 accesses to uses i.e., View w/ Address Only, MetaMask, Ledger Wallet, TREZOR and Digital Bitbox.
I am using Metamask, till now I did not face any problem with MEW.
Activity: 98
June 21, 2018, 03:29:27 AM
Meta mask adds an extra security layer to your wallet making it safer and impenetrable, login in using your key makes it simpler for hackers to clone your key and they may use it to access your wallet exposing your coins to them
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
June 14, 2018, 07:56:58 PM
I think the MyEtherWallet wallet is one of the best and most convenient wallets for storing various types of tokens and ethereum. If you follow certain rules and security measures, this wallet is very reliable. Of course, when using them, you should try to use a private key less, and use Keystone File more. If you are not going to perform operations with your tokens, then it's best to use the function etherscan.io. It allows you to view the contents of the wallet without using its private key and without entering the wallet itself. Also, for better security, you can use Metamask.
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
June 14, 2018, 07:25:10 PM
What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

The Metamask is the safer of all. If you want to see the balance of the tokens, it's better to use https://ethplorer.io/address/your ETH address
Pages:
Jump to: