Pages:
Author

Topic: Nefario - page 53. (Read 198678 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!
October 09, 2012, 11:21:35 PM

The BitcoinGlobal shareholders can't keep their CEO from stealing the GLBSE database so why not release their names?

Theymos should consult a lawyer and come clean with whatever information he has to the authorities.  This vigilantism is just an extension of lawless unregulated situation that allowed this scam to thrive. 
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
October 09, 2012, 11:13:09 PM
Theymos,

I think you need to start charging more for the bitcointalk advertisements.  With Nefario gone AWOL and you the acting BitcoinGlobal treasurer unwilling to release any other shareholder information, you will be held responsible.

Its not right to release them unless they come forward themselves.

The BitcoinGlobal shareholders can't keep their CEO from stealing the GLBSE database so why not release their names?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
October 09, 2012, 11:11:15 PM
on GLBSE you can log in and put email and payout address....and give up your identity.

After an email and payout address screen, the next asks for:

To comply with money laundering regulations we must ask you to submit documents for proof of your address and identity.

1.  Please provide a clear picture of your photo ID. For France, Germany, Spain, and English speaking countries ID cards, Passports and drivers licences are accepted, for everywhere else only passports are accepted.

2.  Please provide a clear picture of you, holding a piece of paper with your GLBSE username and the date written on it.

3.  Please provide a clear(unaltered) picture of proof of address. Tax statements or utility bills are accepted. This must clearly show your name (same as that on your ID) and address, it must also be dated within the last 3 months.

Not accepted are bank statements or bills issued electronically

Is there any reference on that page to how the data will be stored and for how long?  There are usually a shit load of laws regarding collecting information which contains unique government identifiers and you're usually required to inform users of the specific legislation which requires the collection information, what the information will be used for, any privacy legislation which applies to the collection of the data, etc.  Nefario needs to get his hot-shot lawyer to draft a notice regarding the authority to collect the information and the data protection measures which will be taken.  He also needs to inform people of how long the information will be retained.  In FATF nations (of which the UK is one), data collected for AML/KYC purposes is generally required to be kept for 5-7 years.

theymos, I'd seriously consider handing any remaining funds in your control over to a lawyer to be kept in trust for the time being.
Activity: 686
Wat
October 09, 2012, 11:02:00 PM
Theymos,

I think you need to start charging more for the bitcointalk advertisements.  With Nefario gone AWOL and you the acting BitcoinGlobal treasurer unwilling to release any other shareholder information, you will be held responsible.

Its not right to release them unless they come forward themselves.
October 09, 2012, 10:57:50 PM
Theymos,

legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
October 09, 2012, 10:54:54 PM
do you want my fingerprints, too, Nefario?
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
October 09, 2012, 10:54:03 PM
Steal my identity, please.

Nefario ran a business he now claims was illegal.  Yet, he won't unwind that business without proof of identity?  He's already proven that he cannot be trusted.  He's just a random person in the UK (or somewhere) who wants all my personal data.  No, thank you.

Maybe Nefario got this idea from 419eater.

legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
October 09, 2012, 10:53:20 PM
I thought a few minutes ago the front page only required email address and payout address.

a photo of me with my username on a piece of paper?

what kind of joke is this?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Bitcoin
October 09, 2012, 10:43:30 PM
I have emailed Nefario and intend to get to the bottom of this.

Wish me luck!

Good luck!  the guy is gone heading to the Bahama's !
legendary
Bitcoin
October 09, 2012, 10:42:48 PM
on GLBSE you can log in and put email and payout address....and give up your identity.

That ain't acceptable to me.  I never agreed to give that kind of information.

http://i.imgur.com/CiDfd.png

lulz ^^  Grin  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1022
October 09, 2012, 10:40:16 PM
There is a deadline to submit this documentation?

I have no balance, but I have thousands of PPTs ... until the situation with pirate is clarified I have no need to identify myself.
Activity: 504
Decent Programmer to boot!
October 09, 2012, 10:39:08 PM
I have emailed Nefario and intend to get to the bottom of this.

Wish me luck!
Activity: 686
Wat
October 09, 2012, 10:37:47 PM

legendary
Bitcoin
October 09, 2012, 10:36:38 PM
Does anything good ever happen to bitcoin?

No.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
October 09, 2012, 10:36:22 PM

Trying not to enjoy the lulz...and having some trouble...

But certainly the defunct GLBSE will have retained top talent to design a secure repository for this data.  Like Bitcoin Consultancy or something.  So what could go wrong?

legendary
Activity: 966
October 09, 2012, 10:35:09 PM
I'll be curious to see if anyone foolhardy enough to submit all this data actually gets a payout.
October 09, 2012, 10:30:12 PM

What do you expect from a scammer.  I can't wait until GLBSE legit comes out.  I will make it my part-time mission to talk trash about it.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
October 09, 2012, 10:23:03 PM
Will you post all personal information on Nefario that you have then?

I don't have any personal info. ColdHardMetal has his phone number and address, I think. This info might also be public somewhere.
October 09, 2012, 10:21:35 PM
To all you Nefario supporters who are blocking access, show yourselves.  To you honest shareholders who know their identities, please reveal them to us.

I would post the names if I thought getting the password database was likely to help. But Nefario almost certainly changed the passwords.

Will you post all personal information on Nefario that you have then?
October 09, 2012, 10:18:47 PM

After an email and payout address screen, the next asks for:

To comply with money laundering regulations we must ask you to submit documents for proof of your address and identity.

1.  Please provide a clear picture of your photo ID. For France, Germany, Spain, and English speaking countries ID cards, Passports and drivers licences are accepted, for everywhere else only passports are accepted.

2.  Please provide a clear picture of you, holding a piece of paper with your GLBSE username and the date written on it.

3.  Please provide a clear(unaltered) picture of proof of address. Tax statements or utility bills are accepted. This must clearly show your name (same as that on your ID) and address, it must also be dated within the last 3 months.

Not accepted are bank statements or bills issued electronically
Pages:
Jump to: