Pages:
Author

Topic: Nevra (XEV) - Project is Terminated - page 29. (Read 11619 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
February 23, 2018, 11:10:17 PM
Thanks Tk808 detailed answer, I think the community will continue to focus on the future success of the project
Activity: 274
Merit: 100
February 23, 2018, 11:06:48 PM
the project is making a plan to promote this project, one of them with the airdrop on this project, it is very important to follow the progress of this project by looking at the market of the given coin. but is there any bounty campaign on this project?
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
February 23, 2018, 10:47:42 PM
having a big community is the  best way to make it succeed  having more support  from participant.
Activity: 208
Merit: 0
February 23, 2018, 07:17:16 PM
I cannot see the info how to join the airdrop. Is it still on?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1491
I forgot more than you will ever know.
February 23, 2018, 05:34:16 PM
Basicly I do not have any questions, because on the existing ones I found the answers in Q&A (in particular about incorporating any privacy).

Another question is whether Nevra will remain in Java or it will migrate on Catapult & C++ in a future?

Also I understand the limitation 1000 stakeholders if the stake is constant, but maybe to do variable stake and exclude the limitation. Maybe it will be more fair? although it is more difficult to process )

I think you misunderstood what he is trying to do.

He wants it to be specifically EQUAL.

I think the 'equality' has somewhat different meaning and not equal 'invariability' )

Of course it doesn't. But most variable stakes are even less equal because they favorise for example older accounts and so on. Which is even worse. I think his point, if I understood it, is to make everyone start at the same level, and I must say it is a good idea.
Activity: 1
February 23, 2018, 03:25:28 PM
New to this forum (besides as a lurker). I’ve been trading crypto for a while but until recently haven’t done much as far as coin ico or airdrops go. Besides decentralizing, are there any benefits to this type of distribution method? Is the thought process for this similar to the do one thing well method like nano or are other dapps expected once the main net is launched? I am greatly looking forward to following his coins development.
Activity: 5
Merit: 1
February 23, 2018, 03:04:55 PM

Hi Tk. I've noticed seemingly knowledgeable posts from Brand New accounts on the thread. Seems dubious that accounts are being created purely to apply for Nevra. Do you have a policy on this?

Tk808: Yeah, I definitely do notice all this. If you notice the spreadsheet, we're kind-of actively filtering accounts as we go along, flagging and making notes (and highlighting them in an orange background), so that should give some indication we are definitely aware of these accounts.
What I really can say about this, just by merely posting 1 long post on our ANN will not guarantee you a stakeholder status, we are going to review how active accounts are and etc. I'm going to be revealing the criteria list shortly before March 31st.
Users will have to be somewhat active on BTT, and it's a bit questioning that users know a lot about NEM and crypto's, but yet are posting with new accounts on BTT, the epicenter of all cryptos.

It is mentioned in the ANN that all filtered possible puppet accounts will be granted some kind of an appeal process to prove their originality, what is your plan on conducting this authentication and what do you think the requirement will be to meet these criteria? thanks

Tk808: That's an excellent question. We're actually going to go a bit more harshly on these individuals, especially if they are found to be puppets by the Nevra team, AND the community. I believe we are going to be almost asking for external validations and basically interviewing them on a 1-to-1 basis. Again, the details for that are not quite ready, but I’m actively working on all the details to release to the community on how these processes will occur.
we'll never do KYC verification, but maybe have them tweet @ us with their official social media accounts, but I really do not suspect many of the puppets to refute the decision.
Actually, I don't think many of the filtered accounts will even be around to keep track of our progress on Nevra.

I would love be more active in this topic, but I love technical talk, or use case. Which has not really been delved into much yet. Which is why I can't really comment further.

Most of the discussion right now is regarding the airdrop, rather than what market you attempting to aim at with Nevra, or the further technical functions of the chain.

Also what if someone does not have a social media account ? I don't use twitter/facebook or instagram, so this can be a problem to some, especially in the "cryptosphere".

I think once I get involved in this via the use case/technical chat, when it develops, I won't be too worried about validation. My XEM wallet, should speak for itself really :p (which I still need to set up!!)

Thanks for the Merit btw Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1422
Merit: 1029
February 23, 2018, 03:03:03 PM
Basicly I do not have any questions, because on the existing ones I found the answers in Q&A (in particular about incorporating any privacy).

Another question is whether Nevra will remain in Java or it will migrate on Catapult & C++ in a future?

Also I understand the limitation 1000 stakeholders if the stake is constant, but maybe to do variable stake and exclude the limitation. Maybe it will be more fair? although it is more difficult to process )

I think the 'equality' has somewhat different meaning and not equal 'invariability' )
legendary
February 23, 2018, 02:36:47 PM

legendary
Activity: 1422
Merit: 1029
February 23, 2018, 02:10:41 PM

legendary
February 23, 2018, 01:57:05 PM
i am a true airdropping hunter, it is bestly seen from my twitter profile.

https://twitter.com/apexlunari

havin trouble finding out how to participate in this airdrop.-.--.

That means you have nothing to do here. Reading the first post isn't that hard.

Good bye
Activity: 42
February 23, 2018, 01:35:40 PM
Sounds good. Will see hope will grow. Time is needed.In todays crypto coins is mess and transparency is really missing.
And on how many they have to be transparent? Not all people want that everyone could learn that he has bought or has sold.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 507
February 23, 2018, 01:22:24 PM

Be active participant, with

...a well-rounded thought process, essentially giving your opinion, thoughts, concerns, criticism in a single post...

AND

All Brand-New, Newbie and Jr. Members will have to acquire at least 1 merit from another SR-Member or higher...

Also, see OP for even more info
Activity: 79
Merit: 1
ETN = Freedom
February 23, 2018, 01:21:35 PM
I don't think many of us will dump, or at least those of us who are genuinely interested in Nevra in the long-term.
I do wonder what will happen to this community once XEV is listed on exchanges. Will we continue to work closely as a group here?

Thank you tk808 I'm not the only one that finds it difficult to be updated with the discord chat so it's nice to see the Q&A session here.
I like that the main focuses for the coins will be tps and scalability, as those two issues are affecting even the biggest blockchains out there. Main reasons why the mainstream still refuses to accept cryptocurrencies more broadly. I was also curious what was going to happen with undistributed stakes. Donation rounds might be a good idea, maybe they can be reserved for partnerships or stuff like that.

I also encourage everyone to dump if they want when markets open, this is a great way to get rid of short term profiters that could care less about the project, in a way, is like a 4th round, a final round of filtering people who care about the long term growth, and people who didn't. Bounty hunters do this all the time because they do not perceive the real value they have in their hands.
Activity: 868
Merit: 279
February 23, 2018, 01:10:31 PM
Thank you tk808 I'm not the only one that finds it difficult to be updated with the discord chat so it's nice to see the Q&A session here.
I like that the main focuses for the coins will be tps and scalability, as those two issues are affecting even the biggest blockchains out there. Main reasons why the mainstream still refuses to accept cryptocurrencies more broadly. I was also curious what was going to happen with undistributed stakes. Donation rounds might be a good idea, maybe they can be reserved for partnerships or stuff like that.

I also encourage everyone to dump if they want when markets open, this is a great way to get rid of short term profiters that could care less about the project, in a way, is like a 4th round, a final round of filtering people who care about the long term growth, and people who didn't. Bounty hunters do this all the time because they do not perceive the real value they have in their hands.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
February 23, 2018, 12:47:57 PM

Activity: 20
Merit: 2
February 23, 2018, 12:45:32 PM
Reasons why Nevra will succeed?
This should probably be a posted as standalone thread, but I wanted to ensure maximum exposure to the Nevra Community  as the subject will make more sense to members that have been part of the project.
The Nevra project is based on the theory of equality, freedom and trust but what does that actually mean in the business world? And what applications could this model have in economics?  And are there any evidence pointing at the model success in comparison to the self-interest model? I took the liberty of conducting some research and stumbled on some good quality research thesis and book detailing the subject (sources will be listed on the bottom of this post). First I would like to point that equality and the principle of fairness is not by any means new and have been around for decades [the principle of fairness was originally formulate by hart in 1955, when a number of persons conduct any joint enterprise according to rules and thus restrict their liberty] Klosko George, 2004, the principle of fairness and political obligation. However the application of these principle in the cryptocurrency world is relatively new, and there are only a handful of projects that truly portrayed these principles in a successful manner, equality and fairness is very hard to achieve in modern society where a numerous of obstacles exist to hinder its true application and verification i.e. internet, privacy acts etc...  However one of the major factor standing in the way of true equality and fairness is that there are no solid guidelines to base it on [Questions concerning the fair distribution of burdens and benefits can be dauntingly complex. Such questions have both conceptual and substantive components… however, individuals’ conceptions of fair distribution differ greatly; “fairness” is an ‘essentially contested concept “it is unlikely that theorist will be able to present a single conception that would be acceptable to most people] Klosko George, 2004, the principle of fairness and political obligation. This should be ample proof of the enormous task the Nevra team have ahead and the countless efforts they will have to put down into ensuring true equality and fairness is applied. This is where the trust factor come to place, community members will have to trust on the team.
With that being said, why is the fairness model in the cryptocurrency is so innovative and why would it be successful? Well as you may know, most of the projects these days are based on a different model [most economic models are based on the self-interest hypothesis that assumes that all people are exclusively motivated by their material self-interest] Fehr and Schmidt, 2003 theories of fairness and reciprocity-evidence and economic Applications. Cough...cough: ICOs, however these models have proven less and less successful as evidence emerged showing that people are more interested in fairness and the well being of others [ in recent years experimental economist have gathered overwhelming evidence that systematically refutes the self-interest hypothesis and suggest that many people are strongly motivated by concerns for fairness and reciprocity] Fehr and Schmidt, 2003 theories of fairness and reciprocity-evidence and economic Applications.
My excitement for this project is immeasurable not for the material gain (although that plays a role) but for the principle and involvement that it requires from all participants, and I would strongly suggest who ever have time in their hand to read the resources listed and expand their knowledge on why Nevra is unique and could redefine the inherited principles of distribution and crypto projects management.
Resources:
https://books.google.com/books?id=ljm8QwYTIEsC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false
http://web.mit.edu/14.193/www/WorldCongress-IEW-Version6Oct03.pdf
Activity: 238
Merit: 23
February 23, 2018, 11:17:54 AM
First chance I have had to get on here properly since the Q and A, got to say it was a very reassuring event and its great to see that the info from it has been shared on here as well. The confidence I have in this project, it's dev's and fellow community members is increasing more and more.

I have shared Nevra to a few places and will continue to do so, I encourage everyone else to do the same, there's going to be a lot of hard work ahead, for both community members and for the team, but this really does have great potential.
Activity: 63
February 23, 2018, 08:08:20 AM

TK, I think you should put the Q&A on the front page for maximum visibility
Activity: 63
February 23, 2018, 08:05:12 AM
None
Pages:
Jump to: