Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 129. (Read 371134 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Reminder that on October 7th, and every 7th of a month from now, borzalom will be answering 7 questions from the community (in an audio format iirc). This is great opportunity to hear his vision from his own mouth.  Smiley

How are these questions put forward by the community? I've posted a couple in this thread but are probably lost. Maybe we can bring this thread here alive a bit by doing the question posting here?

Hello,

Questions should be asked in the SLACK on the #XTRABRAINSTORM channel.
Borz will select 7 questions to answer on 7 October.
Several questions are already asked, everyone can participate.

For example:

Hello Borzalom, many advances in coding but I would like to tell you, for you, what is now the percentage of success to make the technology work. if you can not answer I have another question. what is the greatest difficulty for you to develop technology, is this difficulty in front of us or behind us? Michael.

Hello Borzalom, how many level 2 nodes will be available on the ZoltChain ?

Are those questions real ones that borzalom will answer? They are pretty good, wonder what the other 5 will be.  Grin

When Whitepaper?
When Bittrex?
When top?
When bottom?
When Polo?
When Roadmap?
When Lambo?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Reminder that on October 7th, and every 7th of a month from now, borzalom will be answering 7 questions from the community (in an audio format iirc). This is great opportunity to hear his vision from his own mouth.  Smiley

How are these questions put forward by the community? I've posted a couple in this thread but are probably lost. Maybe we can bring this thread here alive a bit by doing the question posting here?

Hello,

For example:

Hello Borzalom, many advances in coding but I would like to tell you, for you, what is now the percentage of success to make the technology work. if you can not answer I have another question. what is the greatest difficulty for you to develop technology, is this difficulty in front of us or behind us? Michael.

Are those questions real ones that borzalom will answer? They are pretty good, wonder what the other 5 will be.  Grin
Activity: 182

Hello,

For example:

New session TESTNET with PULSE system and VITALS soon in progress

Head to our Slack and speak to Rule144 to get involved !

Steemit post with more info on what the Testnet is and how it benefits XTRABYTES
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@xtrabytes/xtrabytes-test-net-has-begun

Slack invite link: https://xtrabytes.herokuapp.com!

For those who want to have fun and spam the XBY network
The XBY script is available now on the GitHub XBY:
https://github.com/menesescesar/Blockchain-testnet-tester

The XBY script works on Linux and Windows, it allows to send multiple transactions in loop.
Here is the XBY test interface you need to get when the script is installed on Windows.

==> XBY logo animated here <==
Beautiful achievement, congratulations to its creator

Thanks for the info guys!

I am very happy to hear that the 500k XBY can be safely put away in cold storage when running a node  Smiley

No problem, if you have any more questions then feel free to ask away.  Smiley
Activity: 222
Merit: 102
Thanks for the info guys!

I am very happy to hear that the 500k XBY can be safely put away in cold storage when running a node  Smiley
To be ready for if/when Level 1 nodes open up again, do you need to have exactly 600,100 XBY on a single address? Can you have more?

Also, do most people run these nodes at home or do you need to set up a VPS?

To register a node you need to have the exact amount, but once it is registered you can add more coins to that address if you wish (the wallet/coins gets placed in cold storage either way). Nodes only break if the balance goes below 500k coins.

You will be able to run them at home of course, or on a VPS. I know a lot of people in the Slack who are planning on using VPS. Energy consumption should be really quite low as well due to the nature of Proof-of-Signature.

Thanks so much for the info Bigboss, your posts are always very helpful!

I will get an address ready that has exactly 600,100 XBY on it (500k for the L1 node + 100k XBY fee + 2 x 50 XBY transactions).

I like the idea of using a VPS but does that mean that you have to have your wallet with 500k XBY in it sitting on the server? I remember reading with some of these masternodes you can simply link to an address that contains the required sum which can be safely stored offline.

Also, what happens if the VPS goes down and your node goes offline? Do you immediately lose your L1 node status or is there some leeway for uptime?

The wallet you use for registration does not get placed on the VPS (if you decide to go that route), but gets placed in cold storage by you. The actual node itself you will run will have 0 coins deposited. Like someone said above this a security feature so hackers have zero motivation to try and gain access to your node.

If your node goes offline, then nothing happens to it. You aren't penalized, aside from the fact that you wouldn't be earning I guess.  Smiley  
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Novaexchange registration is open again!

https://novaexchange.com/signup/

Get your XBY
Activity: 222
Merit: 102
To be ready for if/when Level 1 nodes open up again, do you need to have exactly 600,100 XBY on a single address? Can you have more?

Also, do most people run these nodes at home or do you need to set up a VPS?

To register a node you need to have the exact amount, but once it is registered you can add more coins to that address if you wish (the wallet/coins gets placed in cold storage either way). Nodes only break if the balance goes below 500k coins.

You will be able to run them at home of course, or on a VPS. I know a lot of people in the Slack who are planning on using VPS. Energy consumption should be really quite low as well due to the nature of Proof-of-Signature.

Thanks so much for the info Bigboss, your posts are always very helpful!

I will get an address ready that has exactly 600,100 XBY on it (500k for the L1 node + 100k XBY fee + 2 x 50 XBY transactions).

I like the idea of using a VPS but does that mean that you have to have your wallet with 500k XBY in it sitting on the server? I remember reading with some of these masternodes you can simply link to an address that contains the required sum which can be safely stored offline.

Also, what happens if the VPS goes down and your node goes offline? Do you immediately lose your L1 node status or is there some leeway for uptime?
Activity: 238
Personally I say let them dump. I see no reason to keep supporting weak hands and dumb people to keep holding. If a few impatient newbies who dont get that you got to hold to get rich make dumb moves then its good for xby long term. Maybe the fudders do xby a service cause if you cant look past their shit then maybe you deserve to lose a few times until you learn and wise up. I know it took me a while to block out all the noise and go on my own research and gut.

We are gonna have the most exciting 12 months in crypto and xby will be part of that.

There are updates all the time in the Slack. Here is one from a few days ago

Also they said they are eager to get the 'trex ball rolling after all this as well.  Smiley

One of the latest updates from a few days ago.  Smiley
What is going on, this project doesn't even have a white paper after all this time and no one can explain the project simply to me, they all give vague broad oh its a complicated and we are just trying to find the best way to explain it to people, but dont worry what we have is groundbreaking. If people can't explain this project then they do not understand it themselves. This past week someone on the inside seems to be dumping and continues to, we have seen a 50%+ reduction in price. I am sorry but I am frustrated, most of all with myself for putting money into a project I did not understand, having "faith" for some weird reason this project would deliver. I got sold into the hype. I am sorry if this comes off as really pessimistic from me, its just, too little too late. I'm looking to sell a massive chunk of XBY at 300 satoshis on cryptopia. pm me.

I read through your past posting on this forum...you have been here for some years. And looking at the coins you bought you didnt even accidentally buy anything but utter shit. Youre whole history is one of noob buys lol. Honestly you should be embarrased as you havent learnt anything at all. I really hope you dumped cause xby doesnt need your level or retardation...this is where smart money is invested.
In a similar vein,  let's say I am a simple average layman with a home PC and I end up getting Level 1 node.  Is there a guide or recommendations to start from such simple beginnings (or at least prepare) to becoming a CEO of a planetary-wide data center?  Huh  What specific skills and infrastructure should I start planning out in order to become a responsible node mandarin.   

Instructions for that will come out when the network goes online I believe. I cannot see it being very complicated to maintain a node at all, even for the layman.

As for registering nodes, that is easy. You would just click the Register button in the wallet and copy down your public and private keys for safe keeping. Instructions for that will be posted again once the new registrations are active.  Smiley

to add to this, you can also participate in testing now to push everything closer to the next step. I couldn't see setting up a level 1 being much harder then a masternode. if the coin is good, tutorials will come

This is correct, there were tutorials for setting up the nodes back in May when registration was open. They will resurface when it opens again, with the process most likely more streamlined as well.
What a dump on cryptopia! The dev needs to be more active with the community, if the coin has to stand a chance.

They are active all the time in the Slack, nearly 24/7 in fact.

I love how everyone (okay, only some) is panicking because of one holder deciding to take profit. Like clockwork  Smiley
What is going on, this project doesn't even have a white paper after all this time and no one can explain the project simply to me, they all give vague broad oh its a complicated and we are just trying to find the best way to explain it to people, but dont worry what we have is groundbreaking. If people can't explain this project then they do not understand it themselves. This past week someone on the inside seems to be dumping and continues to, we have seen a 50%+ reduction in price. I am sorry but I am frustrated, most of all with myself for putting money into a project I did not understand, having "faith" for some weird reason this project would deliver. I got sold into the hype. I am sorry if this comes off as really pessimistic from me, its just, too little too late. I'm looking to sell a massive chunk of XBY at 300 satoshis on cryptopia. pm me.

It isn't someone from "inside" (lol, I know all the devs and board members), just a big holder who wants to sell. Nice FUD.

Go back 1 page where me and other people explain simply what this project is to someone else. But most of the info is in the ANN anyway, so if you can't understand that then I am not sure why you invested in a project you did not understand. You are just angry that other people aren't making you rich fast enough.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
What a dump on cryptopia! The dev needs to be more active with the community, if the coin has to stand a chance.
Jump to: