Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 130. (Read 371134 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
What is going on, this project doesn't even have a white paper after all this time and no one can explain the project simply to me, they all give vague broad oh its a complicated and we are just trying to find the best way to explain it to people, but dont worry what we have is groundbreaking. If people can't explain this project then they do not understand it themselves. This past week someone on the inside seems to be dumping and continues to, we have seen a 50%+ reduction in price. I am sorry but I am frustrated, most of all with myself for putting money into a project I did not understand, having "faith" for some weird reason this project would deliver. I got sold into the hype. I am sorry if this comes off as really pessimistic from me, its just, too little too late. I'm looking to sell a massive chunk of XBY at 300 satoshis on cryptopia. pm me.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
In a similar vein,  let's say I am a simple average layman with a home PC and I end up getting Level 1 node.  Is there a guide or recommendations to start from such simple beginnings (or at least prepare) to becoming a CEO of a planetary-wide data center?  Huh  What specific skills and infrastructure should I start planning out in order to become a responsible node mandarin.   

Instructions for that will come out when the network goes online I believe. I cannot see it being very complicated to maintain a node at all, even for the layman.

As for registering nodes, that is easy. You would just click the Register button in the wallet and copy down your public and private keys for safe keeping. Instructions for that will be posted again once the new registrations are active.  Smiley

to add to this, you can also participate in testing now to push everything closer to the next step. I couldn't see setting up a level 1 being much harder then a masternode. if the coin is good, tutorials will come
Activity: 210
In a similar vein,  let's say I am a simple average layman with a home PC and I end up getting Level 1 node.  Is there a guide or recommendations to start from such simple beginnings (or at least prepare) to becoming a CEO of a planetary-wide data center?  Huh  What specific skills and infrastructure should I start planning out in order to become a responsible node mandarin.   

Instructions for that will come out when the network goes online I believe. I cannot see it being very complicated to maintain a node at all, even for the layman.

As for registering nodes, that is easy. You would just click the Register button in the wallet and copy down your public and private keys for safe keeping. Instructions for that will be posted again once the new registrations are active.  Smiley

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
To be ready for if/when Level 1 nodes open up again, do you need to have exactly 600,100 XBY on a single address? Can you have more?

Also, do most people run these nodes at home or do you need to set up a VPS?

To register a node you need to have the exact amount, but once it is registered you can add more coins to that address if you wish (the wallet/coins gets placed in cold storage either way). Nodes only break if the balance goes below 500k coins.

You will be able to run them at home of course, or on a VPS. I know a lot of people in the Slack who are planning on using VPS. Energy consumption should be really quite low as well due to the nature of Proof-of-Signature.
Activity: 222
Merit: 102
To be ready for if/when Level 1 nodes open up again, do you need to have exactly 600,100 XBY on a single address? Can you have more?

Also, do most people run these nodes at home or do you need to set up a VPS?
is there a simple guide to staking xby
No, you cannot be staking. XBY hasn't POS

what about a node? i have >1ml xby

There will a total of 512 Level 1 nodes available, currently I think there is about 450. The rest of the slots will be open to registration at some point in the future, and there will be Level 2 nodes available as well.
Activity: 182
New session TESTNET with PULSE system and VITALS soon in progress

Head to our Slack and speak to Rule144 to get involved !

Steemit post with more info on what the Testnet is and how it benefits XTRABYTES
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@xtrabytes/xtrabytes-test-net-has-begun

Slack invite link: https://xtrabytes.herokuapp.com!

For those who want to have fun and spam the XBY network
The XBY script is available now on the GitHub XBY:
https://github.com/menesescesar/Blockchain-testnet-tester

The XBY script works on Linux and Windows, it allows to send multiple transactions in loop.
Here is the XBY test interface you need to get when the script is installed on Windows.

==> XBY logo animated here <==
Beautiful achievement, congratulations to its creator

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

I am not positive how the team is going to replace the nodes that people have broken.  There was talks of a raffle, etc . . My suggestion would be to hold onto your XBY and when the time comes, jump on the opportunity to perhaps get a static.  Stay up-to-date with the news in the Slack, here, and on the socials.  I have a feeling in the not-to-distant future, the statics are going to be extremely sought after and valuable.  If you do a post history of CCR, he has given advice for others with the same question on this ANN thread.

Hope that helps . .

Edit:  I went through and found something that should give a bit more clarity.

As far as announcements go, everything here at XBY is and always has been based on fairness to everyone. Please stay tuned or get in our Slack to keep on top of things. Any major announcements are always done here on the forum and on Slack at the same time. After that, Vanfly pushes them out to our social sites. There will only be a few dozen Level 1 STATICS available and we will implement a fair way for everyone to participate in the chance at owning 1 of these.

With that said, there is one thing for certain... If people do not have enough XBY available, which will be AT LEAST 600,100 XBY for the Level 1's (plus more if we do an auction) then owning one of these STATIC nodes is not possible.

However, Level 2 STATIC nodes will require a smaller deposit that will not be larger than 250,000 XBY (plus fees) so just like back in the spring, people should start preparing.
Activity: 307

Activity: 200
Activity: 307
We need updates if we aren't going to see results..I haven't seen a post on FB or Twitter in over a week. I thought they were doing a marketing blast for 60 days?

There are updates all the time in the Slack. Here is one from a few days ago

Also they said they are eager to get the 'trex ball rolling after all this as well.  Smiley

And the marketing got postponed until after these are released, you must have missed the post here from about 2 weeks ago.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
We need updates if we aren't going to see results..I haven't seen a post on FB or Twitter in over a week. I thought they were doing a marketing blast for 60 days?
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
I can be inclined to hype but reading between the lines of what ccrev and team have been saying recently there is very little time until.a lot gets dropped. I cant see xby staying under 1000 sats once the news starts soon!

Ccrev last slack posts suggest we are only days away now. So im calling a moon coming really really soon!

Its a clique but true that this is the last chance for cheap xby.....the train really is about to leave the station....chu chu!

Could someone write 50 - 100 words in simple English what makes this coin different and the value of that difference?  Maybe a couple of people giving their version?

Being able to create Dapps (Decentralized Applications) in a programming language agnostic environment (meaning you can use any popular language, you could even potentially take already existing PC/mobile apps and stick them on the network if I remember...) which seamlessly "plug-in" to the XTRABYTES network which will be backed by a consensus (Proof-of-Signature) with unlimited scalability and unparalleled security. It is going to be an entire infrastructure/smart contract platform for developers to use, similar in scope to Ethereum but without a lot of it's issues such as iffy scaling and susceptibility to attacks (DDoS, 51%, etc.).

Is this similar to what Komodo is doing? I feel it´s important to get to know the projects we are interested and we feel have a great future as i do about XBY, but to know what other are doing as well. I also own some KMD and really like the answers their dev gives. So are we talking about similer or competing projects?

Once you get past some superfical semantic similarities XBY doesn't really have much in common with Komodo what I can see (im a tech noob) Firstly its worth pointing out that Komodo is a big ICO massive marketcap project with I admit some big dev names with track records behind them. XBY had no ICO money and is being run as a community grassroots project backed by one visionary developer and a marketing manager backed by a team of helpers of various kinds. You can see this as a weakness or a long term strength its subjective. Development roadmap wise XBY isnt that far behind Komodo....possibly ahead.

So Komodo seems to me to be more a platofrm to launch other projects in a safe decentralised way. They have smart contracts etc like most of these platforms do and ther ability to mint new currencies. XBY is something completely unique and different. imo. Firstly XBY has a completely unique blockchn underpinning it and a unique consensus. The chain runs on static nodes that are make for a super secure base that solves the 51% attack problems of other chains...This in itself is reveolutionary. But thats just the start. The nodes are also storage nodes that can be owned and run like an individual 'company' getting paid for DAPPS to integrate into them along with fees. So my understanding is XBY wil be the blood of the ecosystem and so as DAPPS are addded they will all have XBY moving through them (as I understand...still to be confirmed) Ok so modules or DAPPS can be added as nodes allow and can earn XBY as they are used. Whats is amamzing is that DAPPS can be coded in almost any language and also even existing platflorms with a conversion can also be integrated. Imagine all the apps having a Apple version, Google, and if they want to move into the decentralised realm an X version. In summary what is being built is a decentralised ecosystem where a safe platofrm for any online APP and maybe even website can integrate.

I believe XBY is safe, scalable and unique and once people get their head around it and get the AHAH!! moment that with due respect to other individual decentralised ICO projects will wipe the floor with all of them cause they wont have the sustainable internal economy that XBY will provide or the connectivity of having everything under one decentralised 'roof'.

In short its FUCKING HUGE!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

What Fatoshi said above, plus the fact that XBY will not just be a dICO platform, but an infrastructure for any Dapp (non-ICO included) to be created and decentralized. Which will then all be backed by most likely the most secure and scaleable and energy efficient (?) consensus in crypto. Also if I remember right, something like Komodo is dependent on Bitcoin because of the modified Proof-of-Work it uses and some other details which escape me right now. Komodo is still a great project though.

To add to this, the run up to Christmas from now is going to be very interesting and exciting. Smiley

@Fatoshi Yep, we still have everything in front of us.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
I've been reading this thread for some time... great answers to all questions negative and positive dev!

Love being in coins that are below the radar for most!

XBY!

I believe you shall see greater things in days coming as the project and community progress.

I am so glad I am part of this.

Couldn't resist the temptation to agree with you Sobogunkenny.

There was a huge surge in price..over 23%... Looks like the cat is out of the box... Not under the radar anymore??

Time to buy up more XBYs!! I am gone shopping....

Nah, still completely off the radar. Tiny marketcap, tiny daily average volume, never gets mentioned on this forum outside this thread. Everything is still ahead for XBY.
Activity: 370
I've been reading this thread for some time... great answers to all questions negative and positive dev!

XBY!

I believe you shall see greater things in days coming as the project and community progress.

Couldn't resist the temptation to agree with you Sobogunkenny.

There was a huge surge in price..over 23%... Looks like the cat is out of the box... Not under the radar anymore??

Time to buy up more XBYs!! I am gone shopping....
Activity: 139

XBY!

Activity: 109

XBY!
Jump to: