Author

Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER - page 131. (Read 371134 times)

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

Once you get past some superfical semantic similarities XBY doesn't really have much in common with Komodo what I can see (im a tech noob) Firstly its worth pointing out that Komodo is a big ICO massive marketcap project with I admit some big dev names with track records behind them. XBY had no ICO money and is being run as a community grassroots project backed by one visionary developer and a marketing manager backed by a team of helpers of various kinds. You can see this as a weakness or a long term strength its subjective. Development roadmap wise XBY isnt that far behind Komodo....possibly ahead.

So Komodo seems to me to be more a platofrm to launch other projects in a safe decentralised way. They have smart contracts etc like most of these platforms do and ther ability to mint new currencies. XBY is something completely unique and different. imo. Firstly XBY has a completely unique blockchn underpinning it and a unique consensus. The chain runs on static nodes that are make for a super secure base that solves the 51% attack problems of other chains...This in itself is reveolutionary. But thats just the start. The nodes are also storage nodes that can be owned and run like an individual 'company' getting paid for DAPPS to integrate into them along with fees. So my understanding is XBY wil be the blood of the ecosystem and so as DAPPS are addded they will all have XBY moving through them (as I understand...still to be confirmed) Ok so modules or DAPPS can be added as nodes allow and can earn XBY as they are used. Whats is amamzing is that DAPPS can be coded in almost any language and also even existing platflorms with a conversion can also be integrated. Imagine all the apps having a Apple version, Google, and if they want to move into the decentralised realm an X version. In summary what is being built is a decentralised ecosystem where a safe platofrm for any online APP and maybe even website can integrate.

I believe XBY is safe, scalable and unique and once people get their head around it and get the AHAH!! moment that with due respect to other individual decentralised ICO projects will wipe the floor with all of them cause they wont have the sustainable internal economy that XBY will provide or the connectivity of having everything under one decentralised 'roof'.

In short its FUCKING HUGE!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

CCRevolution
Activity: 224

View Profile WWW Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Ignore

Re: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - INTEGRATIVE MODULAR BLOCKCHAIN INNOVATIONS
September 24, 2017, 11:26:25 PM

Reply with quote  #4395
Quote from: amaral1977 on September 24, 2017, 10:14:16 PM
However startups are made of solid projects, great devs but also dedicated and enthusiastic communities.

Yes, yes and YES!
Very soon we are not only going to have a dedicated and enthusiastic community, they will also be highly motivated...

Great things are just around the corner now.

Wow..thank you Fatoshi and Dave for those brilliant comments.. Making me suffer from Insomnia!!
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
my wallet has matured coins, wallet is unlocked for staking only, and blockchain is checkmark green (synced)

However, it says it is not staking. How do I fix it?

This isn't a POW/POS coin...check the first post for details.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
However startups are made of solid projects, great devs but also dedicated and enthusiastic communities.

Yes, yes and YES!

Very soon we are not only going to have a dedicated and enthusiastic community, they will also be highly motivated...

Great things are just around the corner now.

Activity: 686
I believe XBY is safe, scalable and unique and once people get their head around it and get the AHAH!! moment that with due respect to other individual decentralised ICO projects will wipe the floor with all of them cause they wont have the sustainable internal economy that XBY will provide or the connectivity of having everything under one decentralised 'roof'.

In short its FUCKING HUGE!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin[/b]
All we need is a 3 character tweet endorsement by Charlie Lee or someone of that caliber. (see his 'buy DCR now' tweet).  Wink

Once all the pieces are in place we can expect something like this to happen.  Smiley
For me it´s a 3k word Fatoshi´s BTCtalk post to triple my coins:) Ok ok, i know it´s about using due diligence, make our own researh. However startups are made of solid projects, great devs but also dedicated and enthusiastic communities.
Activity: 700
Merit: 1
SetupMasternodes.com
my wallet has matured coins, wallet is unlocked for staking only, and blockchain is checkmark green (synced)

However, it says it is not staking. How do I fix it?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

In short its FUCKING HUGE!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin[/b]
All we need is a 3 character tweet endorsement by Charlie Lee or someone of that caliber. (see his 'buy DCR now' tweet).  Wink

Once all the pieces are in place we can expect something like this to happen.  Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 253

Could someone write 50 - 100 words in simple English what makes this coin different and the value of that difference?  Maybe a couple of people giving their version?

Being able to create Dapps (Decentralized Applications) in a programming language agnostic environment (meaning you can use any popular language, you could even potentially take already existing PC/mobile apps and stick them on the network if I remember...) which seamlessly "plug-in" to the XTRABYTES network which will be backed by a consensus (Proof-of-Signature) with unlimited scalability and unparalleled security. It is going to be an entire infrastructure/smart contract platform for developers to use, similar in scope to Ethereum but without a lot of it's issues such as iffy scaling and susceptibility to attacks (DDoS, 51%, etc.).

Is this similar to what Komodo is doing? I feel it´s important to get to know the projects we are interested and we feel have a great future as i do about XBY, but to know what other are doing as well. I also own some KMD and really like the answers their dev gives. So are we talking about similer or competing projects?

Once you get past some superfical semantic similarities XBY doesn't really have much in common with Komodo what I can see (im a tech noob) Firstly its worth pointing out that Komodo is a big ICO massive marketcap project with I admit some big dev names with track records behind them. XBY had no ICO money and is being run as a community grassroots project backed by one visionary developer and a marketing manager backed by a team of helpers of various kinds. You can see this as a weakness or a long term strength its subjective. Development roadmap wise XBY isnt that far behind Komodo....possibly ahead.

So Komodo seems to me to be more a platofrm to launch other projects in a safe decentralised way. They have smart contracts etc like most of these platforms do and ther ability to mint new currencies. XBY is something completely unique and different. imo. Firstly XBY has a completely unique blockchn underpinning it and a unique consensus. The chain runs on static nodes that are make for a super secure base that solves the 51% attack problems of other chains...This in itself is reveolutionary. But thats just the start. The nodes are also storage nodes that can be owned and run like an individual 'company' getting paid for DAPPS to integrate into them along with fees. So my understanding is XBY wil be the blood of the ecosystem and so as DAPPS are addded they will all have XBY moving through them (as I understand...still to be confirmed) Ok so modules or DAPPS can be added as nodes allow and can earn XBY as they are used. Whats is amamzing is that DAPPS can be coded in almost any language and also even existing platflorms with a conversion can also be integrated. Imagine all the apps having a Apple version, Google, and if they want to move into the decentralised realm an X version. In summary what is being built is a decentralised ecosystem where a safe platofrm for any online APP and maybe even website can integrate.

What Fatoshi said above, plus the fact that XBY will not just be a dICO platform, but an infrastructure for any Dapp (non-ICO included) to be created and decentralized. Which will then all be backed by most likely the most secure and scaleable and energy efficient (?) consensus in crypto. Also if I remember right, something like Komodo is dependent on Bitcoin because of the modified Proof-of-Work it uses and some other details which escape me right now. Komodo is still a great project though.

Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Could someone write 50 - 100 words in simple English what makes this coin different and the value of that difference?  Maybe a couple of people giving their version?

Being able to create Dapps (Decentralized Applications) in a programming language agnostic environment (meaning you can use any popular language, you could even potentially take already existing PC/mobile apps and stick them on the network if I remember...) which seamlessly "plug-in" to the XTRABYTES network which will be backed by a consensus (Proof-of-Signature) with unlimited scalability and unparalleled security. It is going to be an entire infrastructure/smart contract platform for developers to use, similar in scope to Ethereum but without a lot of it's issues such as iffy scaling and susceptibility to attacks (DDoS, 51%, etc.).

Is this similar to what Komodo is doing? I feel it´s important to get to know the projects we are interested and we feel have a great future as i do about XBY, but to know what other are doing as well. I also own some KMD and really like the answers their dev gives. So are we talking about similer or competing projects?

Activity: 686
Could someone write 50 - 100 words in simple English what makes this coin different and the value of that difference?  Maybe a couple of people giving their version?

Activity: 2730
Merit: 552

New session TESTNET with PULSE system and VITALS soon in progress

Head to our Slack and speak to Rule144 to get involved !

Steemit post with more info on what the Testnet is and how it benefits XTRABYTES
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@xtrabytes/xtrabytes-test-net-has-begun

Slack invite link: https://xtrabytes.herokuapp.com!

For those who want to have fun and spam the XBY network
The XBY script is available now on the GitHub XBY:
https://github.com/menesescesar/Blockchain-testnet-tester

The XBY script works on Linux and Windows, it allows to send multiple transactions in loop.
Here is the XBY test interface you need to get when the script is installed on Windows.

Activity: 162
Merit: 10
Why the hell has gluedog got Moderator controls? What mod is giving him it?

He admits he doesnt even own xby..just.a pnd scammer.imo.
Lol I respect that really wonder how could he not own
Not owning any probably gives him a neutral position (he has been around for a while?). Doesn't matter either way.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Why the hell has gluedog got Moderator controls? What mod is giving him it?

He admits he doesnt even own xby..just.a pnd scammer.imo.
Hey I just wanted to ask when the novaexchange markets will be added on coinmarketcap - even if it's just a small detail I think people should be able to see  that you can now trade ETH with it's future successor  Grin

CMC can be slow in updating info, so it can happen at any time now.  Smiley
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
I accept XBY/XFUEL
Hey I just wanted to ask when the novaexchange markets will be added on coinmarketcap - even if it's just a small detail I think people should be able to see  that you can now trade ETH with it's future successor  Grin
Hi guys! Just wanted to ask when it will be possible (or if it already is) to contribute an own node to your network and what the requirements are. Thanks in advance for your replies  Cheesy

currently not possible till new blockchain in place. Costs are 500k xby node 100k xby fee + 2x50xby transactions = 600100 xby for node

Wait, what? This is the first I heard of a 100k fee. So it costs approx $1500 just to set up a node?

A portion of it will go to the dev fund, the other split among node owners iirc.
Jump to: