Pages:
Author

Topic: [NR 1] Triplemining.com <> BIG jackpot every week <> - page 11. (Read 113533 times)

Activity: 257
Merit: 250
Only accepted shares up to 24 hours before a block is found go towards a miners earnings. Is this correct ?

Activity: 263
Pool operator of Triplemining.com
As far as "who" or "what" is mining, I can careless. Russians, Chinese, Americans- whatever. I do care about what their intentions may be, which is maybe what this guy was getting at.

And a BIG +1 to some insight on this terrible streak we're on. I know mini-pools are for fun but I try to run a solid mini-pool setup and it's hard to keep these guys motivated (and mining with me/us) when I'm beginning to lose that motivation to stick with it and we're not solving any blocks.

There's nothing really we can do (or is there?) other than mine away, so that's what I'm doing.

To respond to "who" is mining: we actively monitor the site, and react to those that hurt the pool.  So don't worry, we take care of that

To respond to the "terrible streak", yes we're having bad luck, but there are 2 things to remember:
- this is bad luck, but this is within the expected behaviour
- There is no memory for luck

The 2nd thing is very important:
it's not because we have had bad luck that this will tell anything about the future.  Assuming this is the case is known as gambler fallacy, read more about it on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy
Stream of bad luck and now the website is down.  Angry

Should be fixed
Activity: 252
maybe there are other ~220 GH/s pools that can offer a comparison
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
[ ... ]
Finally I see that hackforums and Russia are among your top miners. Can you reassure your miners that they are mining in good company here?

WTF? This isn't a social club. It's a place where miners pool resources. Apart from implying that Russians are not good company (which anyone having had a vodka fuelled evening with a Russian traveller will tell you is just plain wrong), no one really care where other miners are from, or if they are nice people. They care if other miners can contribute valid hashes to the pool. I suggest you do the same, wherever you mine. 

One of my best friends is russian by the way. A great guy.
So that agreed, a clarification from the pool operator on the questions arised will be much appreciated.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
[ ... ]
Finally I see that hackforums and Russia are among your top miners. Can you reassure your miners that they are mining in good company here?

WTF? This isn't a social club. It's a place where miners pool resources. Apart from implying that Russians are not good company (which anyone having had a vodka fuelled evening with a Russian traveller will tell you is just plain wrong), no one really care where other miners are from, or if they are nice people. They care if other miners can contribute valid hashes to the pool. I suggest you do the same, wherever you mine. 

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
it's because of our bad luck streak.  Some people do not fully understand how the math works, and think it is unsafe to mine at our pool

However, it is nonsense to leave the pool, it's very important to remember that mining has no memory.  So the chance of finding a block is something you cannot predict
It's not because we have had our share of bad luck that this influences the future, the chance of finding several quick rounds now remains equally high as ever.

We always closely monitor the pool, if there was something wrong, we would immediately take action, so keep mining!  Remember, in the long run, this reward system does reward fairly!

Hi there kinlo. Could you please further explain your "bad luck streak" as you say it, during this week:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77000.msg2348461&b=7#msg2348461
and also during the previous week?
How many times has this happened to your pool? Are those numbers mathematically reasonable?
Also can you explain why your pool goes from 300-350Ghs to 600-750Ghs then back to 190-200GHs in just a matter of days/weeks?

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Nice people in the IRC is what did it for me.
legendary
Activity: 2006
Merit: 1028
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
I think I found my new fav pool. I just wish I joined a couple hours sooner! LOL  Grin

TripleMining seems like a good middle ground between solo mining and pool mining and I look forward to sticking around for the long haul.
Hi, I just joined TM a few weeks ago and was looking for some clarification on the jackpot. Does each user get a chance, or is it per worker? Also, do you stop including users who are inactive?

We include users that actively mine.  If you don't mine enough you can't win.  Also, there are several anti-cheat mechanisms, if you trigger them, you just can't win anymore.
Activity: 8
Hi, I just joined TM a few weeks ago and was looking for some clarification on the jackpot. Does each user get a chance, or is it per worker? Also, do you stop including users who are inactive?

Curious about my chances to win. Smiley

thanks
Activity: 252
you should be making 9 coins a day with 223 GH. just shows how wrong calculators can be
Activity: 25
Block created, YAY!  Grin
about merged mining: I've heard the people behind namecoind are looking into rebasing their codebase to the latest 0.8.2 bitcoin release.   At this moment, namecoin differs too much from the main bitcoind which means it takes a lot of time to develop and maintain the namecoind on our pool.  However, if they do, I do think paying out namecoins is something we will do.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Hio Kinlo

Stratum works just fine with the latest verion of Guiminer. Smiley That was probably the getwork server that was causing issues when I last tried weeks ago.

I decided to stay with my main pool after it also lost about half of it's hashpower thx to some maad pool hoppers. These potentially big payouts are hard to pass up. lol

At least now I have a solid backup with Triplemining. Slush's and HHTT have been bumped and are tied for 3rd. Grin

it's because of our bad luck streak.  Some people do not fully understand how the math works, and think it is unsafe to mine at our pool

However, it is nonsense to leave the pool, it's very important to remember that mining has no memory.  So the chance of finding a block is something you cannot predict
It's not because we have had our share of bad luck that this influences the future, the chance of finding several quick rounds now remains equally high as ever.

We always closely monitor the pool, if there was something wrong, we would immediately take action, so keep mining!  Remember, in the long run, this reward system does reward fairly!
Have the glitches with Guiminer (and maybe Cgminer) been figured out yet ?

Which glitches are you talking about?  guiminer works just fine for me

Every version gives me miner is idle and/or rpc errors. I'll try again after this round.

Please update to the latest version.  You should be on stratum, which is much more efficient and should get rid of all those error messages.  Stratum is supported in the latest versions of guiminer  We are working on a solution on these errors, but that will take time
Np. Smiley Will try again soon.

I just tried HHTT with Cgminer and had connection probs there aswell.

Perhaps we should take this offline, can you send some screenshots to [email protected], I'll look at it in more detail
legendary

Every version gives me miner is idle and/or rpc errors. I'll try again after this round.

Please update to the latest version.  You should be on stratum, which is much more efficient and should get rid of all those error messages.  Stratum is supported in the latest versions of guiminer  We are working on a solution on these errors, but that will take time

Np. Smiley Will try again soon.

I just tried HHTT with Cgminer and had connection probs there aswell.

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: